Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Outside Now (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Outside Now
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this thread something to do with St. Patrick's Day?

[ 17.03.2006, 07:50: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
If people really want to make a judgement on me based on Kovacs' post, then that is up to them. I'm not going to get into this at all.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should ask yourself why either people disbelieve it or have no empathy.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to make a judgement based on kovacs' post, but you're not really leaving any options, Roy. [Frown]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

how depressing this is.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
TMO is going to go into meltdown this afternoon.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
ben always does this. He thinks it makes him look big.

--------------------
sweet

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I think you should ask yourself why either people disbelieve it or have no empathy.

People are clearly pretty fucking mean-sprited is what. I've had plenty of bitter disagreements with, say, Snorton - but if someone were to rearrange his features I think I'd find it in me to condemn whoever did it and wish him a speedy recovery.
Black Mask

lol(Nazi gold)[Is it safe?]

[ 17.03.2006, 07:56: Message edited by: Black Mask ]

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
There's no way Honeybaby started this thread by accident. She's involved in this somehow.

[ 17.03.2006, 07:58: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Satine
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Satine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ben:
People are clearly pretty fucking mean-sprited [/QB]

Which people? Surely if Herbs, for example, were beaten up the board would have reacted differently.

Surely this has more to do with Kovacs' percieved lack of popularity?

--------------------
May I recommend the donkey in the bus shelter with a baseball bat?

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:

I dunno - I agree with ben. It's pretty low to decide that someone deserved to have their face broken, whatever jibes they have made at you online. Time was, people would rally round if you so much as flamed another poster. Now someone gets their face mashed and you're like "well, he said this mean thing once". Fuck that. I don't want to come over all sanctimonious, but when did people get so self-obssessed? Once someone announces somethign like that, people just keep on running in their circles of comedy schtick, and then when prodded shrug their shoulders and say "Well I don't care - I never liked him all that much anyway."
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People are clearly pretty fucking mean-sprited is what.

I can't speak for the others, but I was, as you correctly surmised, joking. I'm not a barbarian; I'm a computer programmmer with three young kids. I wouldn't wish any physical harm on anyone here. The prick comment stung a little I guess. ben, I'm sorry for my comments. [Frown]

[ 17.03.2006, 07:58: Message edited by: ralph ]

Black Mask

Surely this has more to do with kovacs blatantly inventing the whole thing?

--------------------
sweet

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think I'd find it in me to condemn whoever did it and wish him a speedy recovery.

you so funny, ben.

i want to hear roy's side. when benway and my friend were play fighting it got a little out of hand and benway bled. not a big deal. but i can see how you could get lost in the moment and end up bashing kovac's face in. if that's what happened, then you know, whatever yeah. but if it was less innocent... roy needs to explain.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Yes.

As in, yes, isn't everyone assuming this is a wind up?

[ 17.03.2006, 08:06: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't speak for everybody, natch, but I think the problem is more one of disbelief, in the 'boy who cried wolf' vein, rather than lack of sympathy for kovacs getting beaten up. If he did, that is obviously a BAD THING and he deserves our, belated, sympathy.
New Way Of Decay

quote:
People are clearly pretty fucking mean-sprited is what. I've had plenty of bitter disagreements with, say, Snorton - but if someone were to rearrange his features I think I'd find it in me to condemn whoever did it and wish him a speedy recovery.

And I agree, I hope you are better soon Kovacs. I'd say it's case specific. Maybe if roy had smashed up Rick, there might have been a different reaction wouldn't there? At least people would believe Rick, especially if there was an anecdote about squirting in there somewhere.

oh look, snap PMD.

[ 17.03.2006, 08:07: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I dunno - I agree with ben. It's pretty low to decide that someone deserved to have their face broken, whatever jibes they have made at you online. Time was, people would rally round if you so much as flamed another poster. Now someone gets their face mashed and you're like "well, he said this mean thing once". Fuck that. I don't want to come over all sanctimonious, but when did people get so self-obssessed? Once someone announces somethign like that, people just keep on running in their circles of comedy schtick, and then when prodded shrug their shoulders and say "Well I don't care - I never liked him all that much anyway."

It's a bit hard to say if someone deserves being hit in the face really isn't it? I didn't say that. I said I didn't really care. I have apathy. I can't find it within myself to feel bad. Perhaps you could find some form of care and inject me in the arm with it in the hope I'll suddenly feel differently but I don't. This is coming from someone who feels guilty for drinking the last of the milk, so something is very broken.

--------------------

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

It was a horrible incident and yes, I did hit Kovacs and yes, he was hurt pretty badly.

I'm not going to debate the events before or after. I don't understand why Kovacs has chosen now to bring this up as I have had contact with him since and he expressed a desire to have some, limited, contact.

All I will say is that I did not mean to hurt him, that I take no pride whatsoever in what happened and that I regret the whole thing completely. If I could change it I would.

None of this incident is remotely funny.

herbs

Crumbs. Unless Roy is a Kovacs troll, this is kinda bad.
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Yes.

As in, yes, isn't everyone assuming this is a wind up?

Yup. I did. [Frown]

And as I recall plenty of people who've had issues with Kovacs on TMO expressed their wishes for his speedy recovery at the time.

[ 17.03.2006, 08:13: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Roy. [Frown]
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
OK, fine; if it's not a wind up then my sympathy goes out to Kovacs for his injuries, just as it did at the time. I'll add to it that you're both fucking idiots if you decided to play fight club and that it's hardly surprising for people to disbelieve Kovacs when his way of announcing the truth is to admit that he previously made up a bullshit story to explain his injuries, a story which gained the forum's sympathy and probably turned Rick J against Blackes.

[ 17.03.2006, 08:11: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

fish
Media Whore
 - posted      Profile for fish           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess this is supposed to be funny, but it actually makes you look like a total fucking prick, Ralph.

This is the last straw. Ben, you are so fucking busted on this. I've just been waiting for you to once again show people how quickly you can turn and show your fucking nasty side. I've kept quiet long enough. Not any more.

Guys, I haven't posted on TMO for about a year now because of Ben. He comes across as such a nice guy, but he can turn without warning into a vicious bastard. And my god, once he's turned on you he's relentless. Look at his vendetta with Snorton that's run on about 5 years or something. Ok snorton can be a prick, but come on, 5 years! That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, it was actually about April or May last year when Ben came down to London on one of his library visits. A few of us got together for a drink or two in town at the end of the day, having a laugh and a joke. I made some stupid comment about having shagged his wife at Glastonbury the previous summer and so therefore I could be the father of his kid. OK fair enough, that was out of order, but I was obviously only joking.

But I don't know, I must have struck a nerve or something, because he went completely mental. It's all a bit of a blur to me now to be honest, but I've heard accounts of the other people who were there, and Ben just turned into a fucking psycho. He was sat opposite me in the pub and I remember him throwing the table forwards and all our drinks falling onto the floor. Then he punched me in the eye and I think my eyebrow kind of exploded because I just remember my face going all hot and wet and I couldn't see. I was aware of him standing over me and punching my head again and again, but my legs kind of buckled underneath me or something. After that everything really is a blur. Bandy said he was stamping on my head in time with screaming stuff like "Don't" <stamp> "fucking" <stamp> "talk" <stamp> "that" <stamp> "way" <stamp> "about" <stamp> "my" <stamp> "fucking" <stamp> "wife!" <stamp> <stamp>.

He then finished me off with the words "And stay off my fucking internet!" as he stamped on and crushed my fingers.

As you can see from my X-ray, the left hand side of my jaw was broken in 3 places. It was also dislocated and had to be wired shut for four months. Both cheek bones were broken and my nose was shattered. After extensive facial remodelling and 4 plastic surgery operations, I still look disfigured.

-

I've lost touch with most of hte people who were there that night. They were kind afterwards, but I blame them for not intervening. Just looking at this site I can see that none of them are really posting much anymore. I hope it's because they're all ashamed of themselves.

Anyway, that's all i wanted to say. I probably won't stick around long, this place has too many bad memories for me now. I just wanted to warn you of what Ben can be like.

herbs

What the fucking fuck??!?!?!?!?
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
ben is like joe pesci
Dr. Benway

I heard about that ben thing from Stakker but I didn't know if I should believe it. [Frown]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
what funny ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

herbs

I don't know whether to assume this is a 'joke', as I normally would. The world has shifted on its axis.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Tav shot me in the leg with an air rifle.
Black Mask

*Applause*

Post of the Year, Fish.

--------------------
sweet

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
Is Kovacs kidding? I am so shit at knowing when people are kidding.

I got into a fight once, with a fourteen year-old-scally. She had mates. I hit her as hard as I could and ran away, and then spent the next three years worrying that she might make good on her threat of finding out where I fucking lived and kicking my fucking head in.

Ben - was the club Century? You should have called [Frown]

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

Black Mask

P.S. Does this mean Roy's black?

--------------------
sweet

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very behind the pace - I missed all the other bits. I was still talking about a fight I had with someone who wasn't on the forum, whereas clearly this thread is now about the times that forites beat the shit out of each other.

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Tav shot me in the leg with an air rifle.

This is fucking hilarious.

Herbs half-nelsoned me in the Blue Posts.

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+