Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » a bit slow? (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 13 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: a bit slow?
Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
and here was me thinking it might get interesting...

no board wars today then?

oh well good job i'm off to work [Frown]

[ 12.04.2006, 05:43: Message edited by: Kira ]

The Sheer
 - posted      Profile for The Sheer           Edit/Delete Post 

[ 12.04.2006, 06:57: Message edited by: Honeybaby ]

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
"It's a fuckin disgrace."

Kira
Were you knocked on the head or something?
 - posted      Profile for Kira           Edit/Delete Post 
aww thats ok HB

I dont really want a board war; just would rather anything than go to work today!

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
Honeybaby, how long has this been going on for?
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
How odd.

Still, I guess nothing could ever quite live up to the glorious field day that was GoatWeb Afternoon.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
Honeybaby, don't be intimidated by mean old Benway and his torch wielding lynch mob. I myself was glad that you saw fit to borrow a few of my gags; comedy belongs to anyone who laughs. That's my motto. Anyway, Benway's got a few issues with women. He tends to have conflicting instincts, on one level perceiving them as objects of desire, on another they're something he feels must be punished, which probably stems from rejection during early adolescence. Fortunately some of us here are a bit more developed in our thinking and our emotional complexity.
Thorn Davis

By the way, what sort of pants have you got on?
not...
Also, are you Honeybaby and Way of Decay? because you seem to be talking to yourself?

quote:
Honeybaby
Virtually lives on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Way of Decay

Didn't she have a caesarean?

I thought this too. Apparently she elected to have a caesarean because she was afraid of the pain.

The Sheer

[ 12.04.2006, 06:56: Message edited by: Honeybaby ]

Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post 
I think so long as you include a copyright notice for every gag you transplant you should be OK.

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
It's true I that enjoy reducing women to sexual objects, and then demeaning and humilating them for being complicit in this activity. It's the old whore/madonna complex. Bitches.

[ 12.04.2006, 06:02: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
If only there were more men like that out there. [Frown]
not...
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
It's true I that enjoy reducing fucking slags to the fucking furry **** holes they are, and then demeaning and humilating them for being complicit in this activity. It's the old whore/madonna complex. Bitches.

Nice.

ETA: oh you edited..

[ 12.04.2006, 06:06: Message edited by: not... ]

London

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:

It's interesting what London said about being short enough to make average-height blokes feel taller. I really, really liked the fact that recent Putney Bloke was so tall. It is right and proper to tilt your face up for a snog.

Yeah exactly. That was the moment I realised I was still in lust with my ex. We were talking and I was like (in my head) ‘See, this ain’t so bad. You’re just talking. It’s cool. That’s why you went out, because you got on so well, and had so much in common. And now you’re just talking just the same and it’s so nice isn’t it, like friends, never mind that he took your heart and smashed it across the walls of your life, never mind all that bullshit, just friends, so nice, chitter-chatter, tra lala, music and bands, music and bands’… and then I realised my neck was almost hurting from looking up at him (6’3); and then it was like a series of explosions in my brain. God he’s tall. POW! God he’s hot. POW! Look at his upper lip, you always loved the shape of it. POW! I remember us having sex. How it felt to lie in bed together. That time we - OH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I’M STILL IN LUST WITH HIM.

Yeah. That sucked. Um. This story doesn’t really have a point, does it, except to say men who are tall = good. Which is a) not news and b) unlikely to endear me the vertically challenged. Sorry everyone1! [Frown]

Dr. Benway

actually, it's just a 'whore complex'. It's because I've listened to too much 2 Live Crew.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

London

What about all those posts about wanting to lie your head down on a girl's lap and pretend she is your mother? I'd say you got the Madonna side of things pretty much nailed as well, bro.

ETA:

quote:
Originally posted by not...:
I was thinking about this this morning. There's a theory that taller men are more succesful in their careers than shorter men.

Bandy - 6ft 8" - Web person
Carter - 6ft 9" - Doctor
Fish - 6ft 4" - Television Producer

NWOD - Below average height - Struggling
Benway - 5'7" - Struggling

I reckon if all the men put their heights and their careers in then, with a few exceptions the taller/more successful theory would be proved to be correct.

The forum's definitely coming out in favour of the tall man today. Whatever next?
  • Forum Decides Skinny Is Better Than Fat
  • Forum Says War Is Bad Yeah?
  • Forum Reveals Pope Catholic

etc

[ 12.04.2006, 06:25: Message edited by: London ]

Dr. Benway

shit yeah. they's all bitches till I'm hungover.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

not...
I'm considering doing a thread about the relation between height and success but just realised that probably only people who are not very successful would post on it. As it would seem to be boasting if you were successful and posted on it.
not...
If I can get 3 guaranteed answers I will post it
Dr. Benway

it's true, short-ass brothers are just angry freaks.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

quote:
I'm considering doing a thread about the relation between height and success but just realised that probably only people who are not very successful would post on it. As it would seem to be boasting if you were successful and posted on it.

I'm sure I heard something about a complex that meant that short people were compelled to succeed in order to compensate. Based on some short guy who ruled a country and conquered a few others and stuff. Nope. It's gone again. Looks like your Bandy, tall, has a job, evidence is watertight. Nice one.

[ 12.04.2006, 06:40: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

not...
Well I have posted it anyhow
The Sheer

[ 12.04.2006, 09:52: Message edited by: Honeybaby ]

not...
W@W replies so quick! [Cool]
not...
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:

I'm sure I heard something about a complex that meant that short people were compelled to succeed in order to compensate. Based on some short guy who ruled a country and conquered a few others and stuff. Nope. It's gone again. Looks like your Bandy, tall, has a job, evidence is watertight. Nice one.
The thing is a) it's not my theory and b) there's always going to be exceptions such as famous short successful guys, Danny Devito, Napoleon, Joe Pesci, Kenny Baker. But I reckon if you did a survey then you would find that there is some truth in the theory.
Thorn Davis

But if your criteria for 'short' is Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci type height, then it stands to reason that most successful men would would qualify as tall because most men are taller than that. You'd have to find out whether the percentage of tall men achieving a certain level of success was significantly disproportionate to the percentage of tall men in the population.

Also, I don't agree with your classification of success in that post, which is based solely on salary. A friend of mine is a chef in a Michelin star restaurant and he earns less than be, but arguably he's more successful (and shorter, as it happens) because he's at a higher level in a more competitive field, doing something he's passionate about and unusally talented at, whereas I just do generic office grunt work that anyone can do.

not...
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
But if your criteria for 'short' is Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci type height, then it stands to reason that most successful men would would qualify as tall because most men are taller than that. You'd have to find out whether the percentage of tall men achieving a certain level of success was significantly disproportionate to the percentage of tall men in the population.

Also, I don't agree with your classification of success in that post, which is based solely on salary. A friend of mine is a chef in a Michelin star restaurant and he earns less than be, but arguably he's more successful (and shorter, as it happens) because he's at a higher level in a more competitive field, doing something he's passionate about and unusally talented at, whereas I just do generic office grunt work that anyone can do.

To respond to your first point I believe that the height theory is based upon the average height. Which I believe in this country, for men, is about 5'9".

Secondly, of course you can't base career success purely upon salary. However as a general guideline I guess salary would be a fair indication of career success, again though there's always going to be exceptions, as an example Mother Theresa could be considered quite successful but judging by her appearance was probably not minted.

[ 12.04.2006, 07:36: Message edited by: not... ]

not...
Also Kovacs - 6ft - successful.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but I'm 6'4" and somewhat of a loser. I suppose there are exceptions to every rule though.

Also, I believe froopy is well over 6' and I suspect he's somewhat successful...

London

My ex-boyfriend The Abuser was 6'5 with a massive cock (I have my own private theory that cock size relates to success - certainly it related to his success with the laydeez) and he was an I.T. guy for Waltham Forest Council at the age of 26, which wasn't very successful at all really. Mind you, 26 is pretty young - still time for him to go on and prove Not's theory. Wonder what he's doing now?
London

I am posting this just so that the first line of that does not show up on today's active topics until the end of time, which is undoubtedly what is going to happen.

All I have eaten today is a bowl of miso soup! I am starving to death! When will I be thin, this is a living hell.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who the hell is Kenny Baker
LOL!

Can we all stop talking like height fucking matters? I know it does. It really matters. It really actually fucking matters and people care. So is it any wonder short people have such a complex? I met this girl see for the first time and she had said she was 5' 6" so you know, she rocks on up and she is a good 5' 9" pushing those extra inches into 'shit you make me look tiny' territory. She hasn't really said it in so many words, but I think she is secretly ashamed that I am short. She said 'my dad will go crazy when he sees you' and I don't think she means crazy with excitement, so when you consider you might be put on hold so she can break it very slowly to her immediate family (I am dating a short loser) it kind of makes you pretty glum for a bit.

[ 12.04.2006, 08:27: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
I am starving to death! When will I be thin, this is a living hell.

What's with your obsession to be thin? Thin doesn't necessarily equal attractive. Or healthy. Just so you know.
Dr. Benway

I had miso last night, mostly because I could't be assed to leave my room. Udon, Leek and Seaweed with ginger to taste. Probably have it again tonight, maybe with chinese leaf, shitake, and chicken.

[ 12.04.2006, 08:27: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

This topic is comprised of pages: 13 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+