Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Friday Thread: Sensory Overload (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Friday Thread: Sensory Overload
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
If you could choose from absolutely anything in the world (or even beyond Shit Earth), what would you most like to...

...see?
...smell?
...taste?
...hear?
...feel?

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
TEA to all of them.

There are no teabags left in my office.

My hangover needs tea.

Why is there no tea?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
If you could choose from absolutely anything in the world (or even beyond Shit Earth), what would you most like to...

...see? The sun rise/set from another planet - I was a wannabe astronaut as a child, but got told that I would never be made of the right stuff thanks to an inner ear problem that means my balance is all off.

...smell? My new born child.

...taste? An absolutely ridiculously expensive and out of reach wine.

...hear? Jimi Hendrix Experience play live, or Otis sing live.

...feel? Like I was worth something...

[ 27.04.2007, 04:41: Message edited by: Benny the Ball ]

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Benny the Ball:
I was a wannabe astronaut as a child, but got told that I would never be made of the right stuff thanks to an inner ear problem that means my balance is all off.

Yeah, I wanted to be a dinasaur when I was a kid but Mum reckoned the Doctor said I had one leg longer than the other. If it weren't for that, I'd be running with the other T-Rex right now I expect.

[ 27.04.2007, 04:54: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
You mock, jonsey, but I wrote to NASA when I was 6! I bet you didn't write to the Jurasic Age, did you?

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to feel very foolish if he did Benny. Very foolish indeed.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
jonesy's the kind of guy who'd keep a copy of a letter like that.

--------------------
sweet

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
My stupid work computer locked me out and didn't give me the chance to add or edit that it would have probably been my complete lack of scientific and maths education of worth in later life that hindered me, and not my spastic ear - which is what I think jonesy was more getting at than the balance/small leg thing...

still, it crushed me when I was six and was told that I'd never make it because of my inner ear - wanker doctor - he also said that I was making up the pain in my flat feet for attention. I prefered the old GP who gave me banana medicine, personally.

--------------------

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Yeah, I wanted to be a dinasaur when I was a kid but Mum reckoned the Doctor said I had one leg longer than the other. If it weren't for that, I'd be running with the other T-Rex right now I expect.

This just made me laugh to the point where it was obvious I have not been working. damn you Jonesy, damn you to hell!

See:

West Ham United live the FA Cup, England win the World Cup, The Wildhearts Rock Wembley.

I appear to have drunk away my imagination.

I don't know - this morning I have been sitting there trying to decide where I want to go on Holiday, and I can't honestly think of anywhere I really have to go (apart from Japan but that's not Holiday stuff - that's the big travel).

No actually, I would like to see a photograph I took adorn a top quality magazine in the racks at WH Smith - maybe a shot of some guitar hero on Rolling Stone, or Laetita Casta for Vogue. Or some old trout for Razzle.

Smell: Success - I want to know what it actually smells like - perhaps its like cheese?

Taste: I don't think I should concentrate on what I want to taste until perhaps I have some of my own

Hear: The Words "George W. Bush - you are hereby sentenced to death - you will be taken away from this place and hung by the neck" etc.

Feel: Loved?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Black Mask

quote:
I prefered the old GP who gave me banana medicine, personally.

You could get him struck off for that.

--------------------
sweet

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
he used to sit me on his lap and ask me to burp the baby until it was sick...

did I do wrong?

--------------------

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Blood, slime and scurf? Mmmmm.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
I prefered the old GP who gave me banana medicine, personally.

You could get him struck off for that.
He wasn't Serbian was he?
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Benny. Oh dear.

Show us on the dolly where he touched you.

-

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Black Mask

-
Serbian banana medicine.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

-

--------------------
sweet

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
quote:

Blood, slime and scurf? Mmmmm.
And fecal matter - probably.

Can I change it to the smell of the freshly printed paperback run on my first successful book?

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I had to transcribe it because I haven't got a scanner, but, in your face Benny.

The Dinosaur Society
C/o Gnoll House
15 Forster Road
Guildford
Surrey
GU2 9AE

Dear Mr. Geller.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please can you give me a job as a dinosaur when I grow up. I am a member of the Dennis the Menace fan club but Flake has eaten the eyes from my furry Gnasher and my metal badge has gone rusty from when I wore it on my trunks at the aqua park in Dartmouth because my brother has got his bronze life save badge right where his widgy is and I wanted a badge too but I can’t swim to the bottom of the pool in Steve Austin pyjamas to get the brick yet. My mum says its because one of my legs is longer than the other so I just swim round in circles and come up again so I can’t have a bronze lifesaver badge to go on my trunks where my widgy is, so I put the Dennis the menace metal badge there it hurt when the pin stick in the end of my widgy but I was very brave and wore it anyway but now it has gone rusty and my furry Gnasher has no eyes and Flake was sick but I didn’t want the eyes out of Flake’s sick because they were horrible like when my brother ate his tooth and the tooth fairy was not going to come so my Mum got a tooth out of my brother’s poo and put it under his pillow. I wouldn’t have had the tooth from the poo and I didn’t want the eyes from Flake’s sick so I don’t want to be a member of the Dennis the Menace fan club anymore. I want to be in dinosaur club because if I was a diplodocus I could swim down and get the brick and have a bronze life saver badge to cover my widgy. If I am a member of the dinosaur club can you teach me ….anyway, I don’t like the beano anymore because Paul Crutchfield said the Beano is for kids anyway, so I read The Amazing Spider Man now but I’m not a member of the Spiderman club I am a member of the superman club but have lost the badge….can you teach me to be a dinosaur so I can be a dinosaur when I grow up and eat my uncle john because he said I was clearly playing JS Bark’s Flute tomato in the wrong key when I showed him how I could play the duh duh duuuuuuh duh duh duh duh duh duuuuh scary Dracula song on my Dad’s organ and he said that I would never be allowed in the orchastra he plays the French Horn in if I played in that key and my Dad said I’d like to bloody kill john so please can you teach me to be a dinosaur so I can eat my uncle john when I grow up. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

Yours sincerely
Michael Jones (Aged 8 and three quarters in July)
Pleeeeease. Make Mine Marvel. Stamp out Nicotine. Pleeeeeeease.

P.S. Could a Stegosaurus eat three shredded wheat?

PPS. Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I am now offically Black Mask's bitch.
Black Mask

Lolosaurus Rex

--------------------
sweet

Nathan Bleak
Very droll, Jonesy.

--------------------

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
Very droll, Jonesy.

Droll? Who the fuck are you? Noel cunting Coward?

--------------------
sweet

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Nathan is probably in the advanced stages of becoming his dad.

[ 27.04.2007, 06:49: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Jonesy.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, aww, Benway.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
there are a few anachronisms in there - I'm sure that make mine marvel wasn't used untilzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Bullshit Mr Handman! Make mine marvel (MMM) and a load of other Marvel based acronyms were well and truly in effect when I was eight and three quarters. Next time I'm at my parents, I'll dig up the evidence to prove it.

[ 27.04.2007, 06:56: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Nathan Bleak
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
Very droll, Jonesy.

Droll? Who the fuck are you? Noel cunting Coward?
I was going to wax lyrical about how good that was, and bring up a few other occasions where Jonesy's hilariously captured the train of thought of a kid, but Jimmy Big Nuts is here... and. Well. You know how he feels about that kind of thing.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post 
don't worry about me, brother! You go right ahead.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
quote:
Bullshit Mr Handman! Make mine marvel (MMM) and a load of other Marvel based acronyms were well and truly in effect when I was eight and three quarters. Next time I'm at my parents, I'll dig up the evidence to prove it.

Yeah, I know - I always prefered DC though - Spacemen = DC, Dinosaurs = Marvel - fact.

--------------------

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
don't worry about me, brother! You go right ahead.

You need to get a fucking grip on yourself. You're dragging the place down, like that American dude who used to post on here.

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Has anyone here ever tried to write any kids fiction? I reckon it's a tough nut to crack. I had an idea for a kids animation series once and spoke to a producer about it. He was really nice and complimentary about the idea but said unless you're in with a shit hot animator and can take the whole package to a broadcaster, artwork and all, then you're fucked. Don't even waste your time writing the script. Which was nice and to the point.
Black Mask

quote:
Has anyone here ever tried to write any kids fiction?

I'm thinking that's the way to go with my current 'project'.

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
HOT KEY #7
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
I started writing a kids' series of stories once. It had this vaguely educational tie in related to evolution; I've no doubt burbled on about it on here before. It was way too Roald Dahl (more Roald Dull though probably) so I've kind of shelved it for now. I've got special reinforced shelves in my house for all the shelved stuff.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+