Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » When I grow up I want to be... (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: When I grow up I want to be...
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
Having just had a look at this story I learnt of the existence of 'ethicists', whose job seems to be just to sound off about whether or not something should be allowed to happen. Like, if you wanted to do an experiment then you'd pitch it to a gang of ethicists and they'd go "Yeah, whatever I don't give a shit about black people anyway", or "lol, no way dude, what the hell are you thinking?" So i think I'd like to do that. I reckon it's something I'd really enjoy, and I could feel like I was really putting my mark on society, which is what society needs.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading earlier about an anthropologist who offered to pay local people a fixed amount of money for every piece of human bone they found at a site he was investigating in China.

Apparently he had to change the rules when he realised that they were finding excellent examples of large pieces of intact bone, then smashing them up into little bits to get the extra cash.

In that spirit I think I'd like to go around the world tricking idiots that had more money than sense. I think I'd watch a few episodes of The Real Hustle and just then set off and see what I could do. They make it look pretty easy, and I don't suppose they show the programme anywhere else so no one there know the tricks.

[ 30.05.2007, 11:06: Message edited by: dang65 ]

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
Also is Ghost World (as mentioned earlier) any good?

No. Thora Birch is embarrassingly bad. Damn near unwatchable. Can't comment on the comic book.
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
Comic book is just as bad. The sort of thing people (idiot people) wheel out and go "Ahh! Look comics aren't just about superheroes! Ahh!"

Surely the best things Scarlett Johansson has been in are The Man Who Wasn't There and The Prestige.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Lloyd Llewellyn (another Clowes creation), however, is ace - sexy, stupid, hip, boozy, cool, uncool, shite, stylish, scruffy, jazz, everything really.

Sort of.

-

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+