TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Ortho-K

Author Topic: Ortho-K
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone got personal experience of these little devices? I imagine that you all have 20/20 vision anyway, but these things sound like a bit of a godsend to someone like me - shortsighted, specs impractical a lot of the time, contact lenses a nuisance and laser surgery fear (and expense).

It seems that these Ortho-K lenses actually squash your eyes into the right shape while you're asleep, then you take them out when you get up and you have perfect vision all day long.

I can imagine having a late night though and suddenly going blind when your eyes pop back into their normal shape. Or driving a long journey and suddenly realising you can't read road signs any more.

Also, do your eyes always go back to the way they were, so you could have days off and use your normal glasses, or would you end up with a different prescription every day?

I've got to try it though, cos it's sounds marvellous. I haven't been able to see properly without some kind of man-made product stuck to my opticals for about 30 years.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
those sound horrible!

i've had lasik and thoroughly recommend it

dang65
it's all the rage
Do you think they sound horrible? I suppose if you had to jump out of bed in the middle of the night it could be a bit weird, but just having your normal eyes working all day long would be worth it.

I'd go for laser if I had 1600 quid to spare, and if I thought it was going to be permanent, but no one's really sure are they? I think your eyes keep developing or something, so the lasik thing can be undone by nature. Not sure though.

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
I might try sleeping with bags of sand under my eyes - those chinese know so much about medicine...

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
i used to have toric (sp?) lenses and they cost me, with the fluids, like £250 a year or something. i spent about a grand on the lasik (in bangkok) so it really made financial sense. it's still wonderful waking up and being able to see!
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
i spent about a grand on the lasik (in bangkok) so it really made financial sense.

Only a grand? That's fantastic. Next time I'm in Bangkok I'll be sure to get it done. [Roll Eyes]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+