Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » Glastonbury 2005 (there you go, Boy Racer) (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Glastonbury 2005 (there you go, Boy Racer)
Bailey

- posted      Profile for Bailey           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Hippy, if you want to speak to a real live person at SMS, you can call 0870 405 0314. I also had the email telling me they'd put an imaginary card through my door and when I tried to use that automated service I ended up throwing the phone across the room. According to SMS, they're going to "re"deliver my tickets to my boyfriend's work address tomorrow.

Here's hoping, hey?

--------------------
Maybe you're the mugs.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this... sounds like the usual litany of incompetence. I will see if they turn up to my work address tomorrow, if not I will try that number, thanks Bailey!

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Keef
That, was liquid chate
 - posted      Profile for Keef           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are crap, aren't they.

I mean, who creates a web page with a space in the url? That's just poor programming if nothing else.

There's 12 pages of people complaining about tickets here (don't read it if you're slightly nervous about your tickets - lots of horror stories on there). There is also a web page you can fill in for redelivery here if you prefer to use that.

So, are people still up for a mini GlastoMeat™? Thursday afternoon perhaps? Behind the mixing desk at the Jazzworld/Oneworld stage? If you're interested, drop me a mail - keef at talbotk dot com - and we can swap moby numbers and the like.

And, just in case you hadn't heard, Basement Jaxx are standing in for Kylie.

[ 06.06.2005, 16:49: Message edited by: Keef ]

Keef
That, was liquid chate
[Charlie & The Chocolate Factory] I've got my golden ticket! [/Charlie & The Chocolate Factory]
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not yet. I phoned Bailey's helpful line yesterday to check since I had arranged for work delivery and was unexpectedly working from home, and was told by an almost incomprehensible Indian guy (call centre, anyone?) that they had scheduled to deliver to said work address tomorrow (i.e. today).

Have they turned up? Have they fuck.

--------------------

Bailey

My rescheduled delivery for yesterday didn't happen either, Hippy. I rang them up last night and made them promise to deliver them today, and they did. You have to shout at them! Also, they don't seem very bothered about checking ID.

--------------------
Maybe you're the mugs.

Keef
That, was liquid chate
quote:
Originally posted by Bailey:
Also, they don't seem very bothered about checking ID.

The guy didn't check my ID.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
They haven't turned up again (yet) :sad:

I am now going to be extremely late for, or miss, my Spanish class tonight as a direct result of pointlessly waiting at my work address 45 miles from home till 6pm for a non-delivery about which I have preemptively already complained (20minutes on hold till I got through) :angry:

[ 09.06.2005, 12:15: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peace and love and that. This fretting all sounds quite... old.

--------------------
sweet

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
removed for having been a bit pissy.

[ 09.06.2005, 14:38: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
+++++UPDATE++++
If you're having problems, email these people, it may be worth it:

kslough @ specialmail.co.uk (Customer something Mgr)
jgreenbury @ specialmail.co.uk ('CEO')

- especially the latter. Here's the text (now removed) of a message I sent. I got a response from the 'CEO' within 5 minutes asking his 'Head of National Operations' to call me within 10 minutes, and he has just called me. He's going to determine status and get back to me in 10 minutes to give me a precise delivery time.

quote:
Originally posted by me, not OJ, honest:
text removed to restrict the amount of ammo I voluntarily deliver to Thorn

I don't do a bad hufty middle-classed swallowed-a-dictionary Daily Mail reader impression, do I?

[ 09.06.2005, 14:38: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, next year, you should try Glyndebourne?

--------------------
sweet

OJ
I think we can save your husband's arm.
 - posted      Profile for OJ           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by OJ:
Dear Ms. Slough (& Mr. Greenbury in copy)

No doubt you are getting used to ranting messages from customers who have been consistently failed by your company. Whilst I suspect that this message will go to the bottom of an ever-increasing pile and will never see the light of day, I felt that I owed it to myself and to any future customers of yours to add my voice to the list of dissatisfied customers.

Dear H1ppychick,

It has come to my attention that you have erroneously attributed a hufty letter of complaint to me.

Whilst I am flattered that my reputation for righteous indignation in matters of consumer service has led you to this course of action, I have to inform you that I have no intention of ghostwriting hufty letters at any time in the future.

Yours Guardian-readingly

OJ

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
Sorry OJ, I just did a quick quote off one of your posts to get then UBB tags and forgot to change the name to protect the innocent.

According to my 'man on the inside' they are going to move heaven and earth and deliver to me at home this evening.

Watch this space.

BM: you askin'?

--------------------

Black Mask

I'll bring the quail's eggs.

--------------------
sweet

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
Spiffing.

And: a smiley man has just delivered my tickets. Rah rah rah!

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The postman had the last laugh after stealing the tickets, replacing them for Focus points and sealing the envelope with his helmet-marmalade.

eta: I am pleased you got them!

[ 09.06.2005, 16:34: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
 -

Fucking hell, Dan Dare's fallen on hard times.
fish
Media Whore
 - posted      Profile for fish           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone fancy sharing my tent this year?
Keef
That, was liquid chate
There are a few of these cropping up now, FlyGlastonbury.com is another one. It's all very expensive and you miss out on the atmosphere of the campsite. Mind you, the flying in to the site from Bristol is very appealing: £2145+VAT split between the 5 passengers and a mere 24 minute ride to get in and out of the site. Maybe 2007...
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6,000 pounds a tent is perhaps a bit steep. Maybe if I was terminally ill.

--------------------

Keef
That, was liquid chate
So Glasto is next week. Are we going to do the GlastoMeat™ thing?

Also, bargain of the week. Just leave it there afterwards...

fish
Media Whore
quote:
Originally posted by Keef:
So Glasto is next week. Are we going to do the GlastoMeat™ thing?

Sure, I'd be up for a glasto meat. Sky and I will be camping with Bailey anyway... perhaps we should get in touch first and all head for the same field?
Drop me an email and we can arrange something... although, having said that, Bailey is the one "in charge".

[ 16.06.2005, 05:37: Message edited by: fish ]

Bailey

quote:
Originally posted by fish:
although, having said that, Bailey is the one "in charge".

I love that you acknowledge that! [Wink]

Oh and don't forget you're coming down WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

Yeah, mini meat sounds good. I am already going to another boards meet on the Thursday night - maybe we can intermingle?

--------------------
Maybe you're the mugs.

Keef
That, was liquid chate
Fish, cyi.
fish
Media Whore
Keef cyi

Bailey, will head down straight after work. Any ideas if they close the gates for the night? it would be really shitty to get stuck outside overnight (although presumably we'd be fairly well equipped!).

Keef
That, was liquid chate
Fish, gates open 10am Wednesday and are open 24hrs until 6pm Monday.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Fish, gates open 10am Wednesday

When do they start to let humans in though?
fish
Media Whore
quote:
Fish, gates open 10am Wednesday and are open 24hrs until 6pm Monday.

Cool [Cool]

So by arriving after midnight, I'll cunningly miss the queues too!

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
You will be 'pitching a tent' in the dark, though.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:

Don't worry Fish, this is not a problem.

You may have to sleep standing up and doubled over.

--------------------

fish
Media Whore
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:

It pains me to say it, but for the second year in a row, Bailey and her boyfriend will be pitching my tent for me before I arrive.

I just turn up with pack of beers and a spare pair of pants... it's the camping equivalent of a TV dinner.

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
Is anyone still here who is going or have you all buggered off already? If anyone's there and wants to share details, try hippychickz at yahoo dot co dot uk.

Sorry for the following: it's by way of a rant so that I don't have a major strop at someone that I have to try and coexist civilly with all weekend.

My mates are driving me potty. We'd agreed when we ordered the tickets that we would all take the Thursday off and go down then, firstly to improve our camping options and secondly to be able to chill out before the music starts.

One of the three dicks, (for dicks they undoubtedly are) was apparently talking to the second dick a fortnight ago and expressed reservations about this plan (to which we all signed up 2 months ago). Following this conversation, second dick arranged a work meeting for tomorrow afternoon. I found out about this yesterday.

(Parenthetically, third dick fell over on Sunday and broke his elbow, so now has his arm in a sling and is unsure of attending at all.)

I thought - fine, first dick and I can go down tomorrow during the day and bag a site and second dick can join us later in the evening, coming directly from his (Exeter) meeting. No worries.

First dick now says no he wants to go down not tomorrow (apparently he's 'shopping'), but on Friday for the day only, go back home to Bristol Friday night and come back to Glastonbury on Saturday, camp Saturday night and leave on Sunday.

I managed to calm down after a couple of hours and thought, OK, second dick can come back up to Bristol after his meeting and pick me up and we can go down tomorrow early evening, ready for a full unstressed Friday.

Second dick now thinks why don't we all go down on Friday together.

I therefore am left with three options, none of which is satisfactory. We have two carpark tickets between us, by the way. Third dick, if he comes at all, will have to travel with someone else since he is unable to drive at present.

Crappy option #1: Go down by myself tomorrow and leave them to sort themselves out on Friday. I'd be by myself so that's a no-no.

Crappy option #2: Force the second dick to come back from his meeting, pick me up and we go down tomorrow evening. He will resent this.

Crappy option #3: We all go on Friday and I have to put my foot down to make them leave Bristol before 11 and without eating about 3 leisurely cooked breakfasts. Pick our way through the fields trying to find places to pitch our tents in isolation. I will resent this.

Not a good way to start a 'chillout' weekend :madannoyingfriendsarebastardsfaece:

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is annoying [Mad]

Maybe you should go on ahead your own and meet lots of new friends who are better?

statist
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for statist           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite like being on my own at festivals and gigs. It means I don't have to justify my behaviour and if I want to go to a different stage or to the bar, I don't have to tell all my mates. And one of them will say "can't you just hang on for 10 minutes". And I will and then when 15 minutes is up they won't want to come and we will have to arrange a meeting place and one of us will forget and we will try and call eachother but one of our phones will be out of battery and I will just wander around, neither watching bands nor getting lashed. No. Go on your own. Fuck them all.

[ 22.06.2005, 09:49: Message edited by: statist ]

--------------------
every action has a song!

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+