Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » Best Debut Ever (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Best Debut Ever
scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
Baby One More Time

obv

Genie in a bottle was better. Unpopular opinion I know, but it was.

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
black lace - superman

eta:
slave and boys were even betterer.

eta: in seriousness
slave "slave" the lp is the bizness, the first 7" release of it was "slide" b/w "son of slide".

[ 12.06.2007, 10:22: Message edited by: doc d ]

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
gOD, YOU'RE LOVELY.

Shucks.

What a strange album that is, kinda groovy yeah - But then again, I'm on holiday at home drinking beer in the afternoon, it's jazz, perhaps it's shit, who can tell ?

[ 12.06.2007, 10:37: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
West End Girls - PSB
Drowners - Suede
Motown Junk - Manic Street Preachers
God! Show me magic - Super Furry Animals
Human Bhaviour - Bjork
Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack

Surely it's a bit Q Magazine to be nominating debuts that happened when you were a baby or even before you were born?

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scrawny:

I have to agree.

Sweet Christina PWNs Drrrty X-tina

And that line about rubbing her the right way was about a thousand times more yum than Britney's pathetic 'hit mes'

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ben:

Surely it's a bit Q Magazine to be nominating debuts that happened when you were a baby or even before you were born?

That's right. Rub it in. We can't all be effortlessly cool like you, ben.

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

* checks release date on records on shelf... throws 90% in bin *

Phew, thanks Ben. I nearly listened to some of that stuff.

* throws up at the very thought *

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Apparently, Jimi was supposed to be meeting Miles Davis to talk about making an album... on the day he was found dead.

I hope the cops brought all the jazz purists in for questioning. Sounds very suspicious to me.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

God! Show me magic - Super Furry Animals

Sorry, no.

Not a debut.

That would officially be Dim Brys: Dim Chwys recorded in 1994 for Radio Cymru.

-

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of see ben's point - I mean the implicit value of a 'best debut single' list is that it reminds you of how it felt when this thing blazed its way into your life, and turned everything upside down, which is quite hard to experience if you're - you know - embryonic.

With that in mind, about the only thing I can think of to nominate is 'Blind' by Korn, the blistering track with which Korn thundered into the world of metal with a genuinely new and exciting sound. It may all have gone to shit in the past 12 years, but hearing that track for the first time was exhilirating - a real "What the fuck is this!" moment. In fact, it's pretty much the debut single for nu-metal/groove metal/ whatever you want to call it.

[ 12.06.2007, 11:04: Message edited by: Nathan Bleak ]

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
I kind of see ben's point - I mean the implicit value of a 'best debut single' list is that it reminds you of how it felt when this thing blazed its way into your life,

Implicit, maybe, but not explicit at the top of the thread, so pull you tongue out of ben's hole and go and stroke your Korn collection.

--------------------
sweet

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's right. Rub it in. We can't all be effortlessly cool like you, ben.

It gets worse. While My Sharona was exactly what we all wanted to hear on a recent stag night in Newcastle, The Knack have been involved in some heavy shit lately.

I mean WTF is that? Jam-Master J isn't even around to defend himself.

Black Mask

[img] http://atom.smasher.org/chinese/?n=BRACKMASKO%27S&l1=Wow%21&l2=That%27s&l3=row.&l4= [/img]

--------------------
sweet

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack

ffs Ben, Daydreaming came out before this...

[ 12.06.2007, 11:48: Message edited by: Benny the Ball ]

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this has been a terrible thread.
Black Mask

bORROCKS

--------------------
sweet

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
m/a/r/r/s "pump up the volume"
marshall jefferson "move your body"
soul ii soul "back to life"
inner city "big fun"

all debuts.

apart from soul ii soul.

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scrawny:

I agree x
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
And... a track I haven't heard for years... Jimi Jam that was on an album called Nine to the Universe. If anyone knows where I could get a copy...

Just checked at home and I have this album on mp3, including Jimi Jam. In case it's still required like. Just cough in the general direction of dang65 at yahoo dot com.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
quote:
And... a track I haven't heard for years... Jimi Jam that was on an album called Nine to the Universe. If anyone knows where I could get a copy...

Just checked at home and I have this album on mp3, including Jimi Jam. In case it's still required like. Just cough in the general direction of dang65 at yahoo dot com.
Cheers, dang. I emailed the bloke on eBay and it's the right album. So, I bought it. Thanks, though.

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
No problem. I took the opportunity to bung a pile of Hendrix onto my mp3 player for maximum guitar god appreciation. I may never listen to surf music again.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spankrock
Rick Rubin

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+