Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » Dead

Author Topic: Dead
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul Gray dead at 38. Had a kid on the way, too. Someone seems to be harvesting the heavy metal community. Pete Steele, Dio, and now this.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masketeer 1 is going to be devastated.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that'll be 'it' for Slipknot now. they've said in the past that they would call it quits if any of them died or left.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've missed a trick there. With those masks they could have kept it quiet and people would have been none the wiser
Thorn Davis

Also true.
Thorn Davis

I wonder if anyone in Slipknot has ever decided they couldn't be fucked playing and sent someone else on stage in their place. I mean, as a drummer you wouldn't want to have to wing it, but would anyone notice if the fella who does the samples was off his game occasionally?
Thorn Davis

There's nine of them, after all. Someone must have tried it.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one suspected a thing [Cool]
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
someone retweeted zane lowe's very sober and respectful response to this, and i was like 'oh, that surprises me, i didnt really think zane lowe would have dug anything that AOR. but you know, its a shame. he cant have been very old'. then i went off into a little bit of a reverie about you know, 2000, and how i never really liked 'white ladder' per se but how it tended to be playing floatily in the background in the kind of wanky north- london pub in which one might accidentally end up on a sunday afternoon after a pissup of epic proportions, and it was produced by orbital, or he was related to one of orbital's missuses, or something, which made it okay. and also he features quite heavily in 'this years love', you know that one where kathy burke goes 'dont panic, youve fucked a fat bird'. i like that film. so i developed a fondness for it as an album, by association really, even though it was a very grudging and embarrassed fondness that i wouldnt really have volunteered in mixed company or anything.

then i read another thing that made it clear that it wasnt david gray whod died, but paul gray, of slipknot- sepultura? slipknot, and i was like, haha, zane lowe thought that david gray had died, but it was one of the dudes in slipknot, thats pretty embarrassing for him. immensely amusing, what with zane lowe being such a knowitall cocksock and everything. so i just went onto twitter to find the zane lowe tweet, to repost it here, but he must have retrospectively edited the tweet or something so that it looks like it said paul gray all along, not david gray- i dont know how you do that, im sure theres an faq somewhere- because otherwise it would appear that it was me that was wrong, not zane lowe, and that on the basis of a lazy misreading of a 120 character tweet i have spent valuable time out of a not inconsiderably busy day mourning the loss of the man who wrote 'babylon' when i really seriously didnt need to.

[ 25.05.2010, 11:58: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zane Grey, coincidentally, has been dead for years.
Thorn Davis

Edited to not be Thorn.

[ 26.05.2010, 09:03: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+