Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Web » Pigeon Massacre (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Pigeon Massacre
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the posts on this thing are hilarious [Smile]
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Posted by: jhona rantambore on 11:59pm Wed 29 Nov 06
Kill them with axes.

lol.

I know of a few cities in the US that have brought in falcons to control the pigeon population. In the city where I work, there's a very large hawk population, and it's not unusual to see them swoop down and grap a pigeon every now and then.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then how are they going to control the Hawks? Pterodactyls. It's going to escalate.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Then how are they going to control the Hawks? Pterodactyls. It's going to escalate.

The hawks don't need to be controlled. Once they can no longer find food here, they just move on to another feeding ground. It's not like they'll start attacking people because they're out of pigeons.

[ 18.01.2007, 10:28: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll be eating those words come Hawkageddon.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...they might. You build up the numbers of Hawks in an urban area and pretty soon you have flocks of hungry killers with no fear of man. Working together they could easily take down a child.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
Well...they might. You build up the numbers of Hawks in an urban area and pretty soon you have flocks of hungry killers with no fear of man. Working together they could easily take down a child.

I suppose this is true in theory, but the hawks aren't being brought here, they just come on their own. I also don't think hawks work together as you suggest they might.

Hawkageddon. lol.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh toplol at the posts indeed. this is almost BM-worthy.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also don't think hawks work together as you suggest they might.
Not in their natural environment, no of course not. But they have been driven to an unnaturally high population density in an artificial environment. Should the pigeon population crash there is no telling what they might do.
Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have loads of hawks in this area as well. Coming home from Philly one day, there was one sitting on a lamp post. Luckily the exit I was taking was empty, as I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. They are too cool.

We also have turkey vultures, which are terribly ugly and huge. There was one a couple of months ago around the corner from me eating some sort of road kill. Here's a photo:  -

edit to say: I didn't take this photo! I wish I had my camera on me for the bird I saw looked bigger than what's in this person's picture.

[ 19.01.2007, 07:01: Message edited by: Amy ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other pigeon news... below is a picture taken by my girlfriend of a pigeon that had the misfortune of flying into her office last week. In its haste, it failed to notice that there was actually glass located within the window frame that it chose for its plucky, apparently over-zealous escape, resulting in a rather sinister scene.

-
Pigeon: FAILED.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is probably b3ta or something isn't it. Twats.
Zygote
TMO's Member
It's not been set up, if that's what you mean. I downloaded it straight from her mobile. Someone's suggested sending it to Nuts for £200 or something...
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not you. the trolling of the surrey comet. Not a patch on the great TMO excursion to the goat forum.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
LOL
Kanye West
TMO Member
or was it hedgehogs.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
curse you benway

--------------------

Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
so

... so? Do you think I should? Is that what you're implying?
Kanye West
TMO Member
lol
Zygote
TMO's Member
Or was it more a "So what! I don't care, you fucking dick!"?

Hmmm? Hmm?

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
lol?

--------------------

Zygote
TMO's Member
So.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That poor teddy can't even bring himself to look. The horror.
Kanye West
TMO Member
last night I was at the National Theatre having a drink because the bar at the NFT was full of *****, and I thought that the sign above the bar said "Cakes and Onions", but that was just because I was sitting at the wrong angle. I'm trying to remember what it actually said. Maybe "coffee".
Kanye West
TMO Member
they also had one of those Dyson hand dryers in the bogs. Those things are quite effective, I thought to myself, after drying my hands.
Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
last night I was at the National Theatre having a drink because the bar at the NFT was full of *****, and I thought that the sign above the bar said "Cakes and Onions", but that was just because I was sitting at the wrong angle. I'm trying to remember what it actually said. Maybe "coffee".
I wouldn't discount that possiblilty. In fact, it could well have done. I just don't know for sure. On the other hand, it could have said something else. Again, I'm not certain.

[ 24.09.2008, 10:49: Message edited by: Zygote ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
lol, look at this idiot:

-

Zygote
TMO's Member
Quick Question: If you were a generously endowed, good looking woman and you decided to take up jogging, would you wear a support bra, or, at the very least, a bra? Thing is, there's a woman who fits this description who jogs up the very busy road that I take to work (not literally, of course) every morning. Today, she was wearing a skin-tight, white shirt and her large nipples were like bullets, her breasts bouncing magnificently. Is she just doing this for the attention or is there a genuine reason for this shameless, yet at the same time delightful plan of action?
Kanye West
TMO Member
she probably hoping that you're going to follow her home, wait outside her flat, and then break in once she's gone to sleep and kneed them.
Zygote
TMO's Member
lol
Zygote
TMO's Member
Although I doubt that she does want me to do that. She might just be allergic to bras, or something. Or her breasts might be too tender to cope with the restraining qualities of bras. I just don't know. I really don't. It certainly helps me get out of bed quicker in the morning, though.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
You might want to draw this website (here) to her attention...

Could you let us know the exact amount of bounceage you've witnessed by reference to the bounceometer settings? I feel we should be told, for illustration purposes only of course.

--------------------

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she's on a regular morning schedule, surely you can provide direct video evidence?

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

Zygote
TMO's Member
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
You might want to draw this website (here) to her attention...

Could you let us know the exact amount of bounceage you've witnessed by reference to the bounceometer settings? I feel we should be told, for illustration purposes only of course.

When selecting the 'FF & G' and 'Extreme' options, the movement is fairly similar, barring the fact that the boobs used for the bounce-o-meter look fake. This woman's are natural and offer more leniency in the bouncing stakes.

Unfortunately I didn't see her this morning, much to my disdain. I must have just missed her as I was running a little late today. I will endeavour to obtain footage tomorrow morning, should the opportunity arise.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+