Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Web » Read Stuff Sometimes

Author Topic: Read Stuff Sometimes
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all know about RSS Feeds. They're those useful files that live on the web and show you the latest news on your favourite websites, dummy. You know, that little orange icon? Jesus...

Which ones are you subscribed to, and how often do you check them?

Poster Fist

Design
Typography.com
Graphic Design Blog
SpoonGraphics
Computer Arts
Web Designer Wall
Drawn!
Architectures of Control
Outlaw Design Blog

Geek
Slashdot
Kottke
BoingBoing
Engadget
Digg (the shame)
Reddit
Fark
TheForce.net - SW TV News

Games
GamesRadar Wii
Nintendic
Nintendo Wii Fanboy

Authors
Stephen Fry
Will Self

Cars
Autoblog
Autoblog Green
Auto Express

Comedy
Nate and Di
The Onion

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None, because I can't work out how to use them. I really am that retarded.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
None, because I can't work out how to use them. I really am that retarded.

Do you use Firefox?
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Safari. Sa-goodi.
MiscellaneousFiles

*Maybe Dave Taylor can sort you out...

-

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see my netvibes for yourself

That's all of them I think.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

MiscellaneousFiles

I've never used Netvibes before. It's quite clever, isn't it? I think this Web 2.0 thing might just catch on.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
netvibes basically removes the need for going to any websites ever again.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

MiscellaneousFiles

Does it feature TMO integration?
Dr. Benway

you could technically add it as a webpage, although I don't think that darryn has made the tmo api public, so integration is probably a bit strong.

Ideally though, darryn should have a rating system on posts, so you could use yahoo pipes to pull up a list of the best overall posts of the month, based on post rating and overall poster average rating. That way, you could avoid having to actually write anything on tmo, and would only have to read the good bits of tmo, delivered directly to your favourite feed reader.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not a bad idea benway, it's about time we did something else with this forum, especially now we have to clean up because the server is full of the last 4 or 5 years worth of witterings.

Time for a sping clean, a quick look at the forum software updates and add a bit of web2.0 rss feeds 'n' stuff so we can all read up on what's been going on via Bebo.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

Yes - that sounds ideal for someone like me. Although I wouldn't want to defraud Darryn of advert views or anything.

I've spent most of this morning and afternoon adding content to my Net Vibe. I found the theme customization options rather weak though. Are there any more options hidden away?

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL advert views.

For 200 buckeroos we could upgrade to the new version of this software and that has working RSS feed so it could be integrated..

Wow, we last upgraded in 2003 !

If I can find the original licence for this forum maybe we can upgrade for less.

[ 15.04.2008, 10:33: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

It's okay Darryn. Don't feel you have to shell out 200 buckeuros just to keep me and Benway amused...
Dr. Benway

it wouldn't really keep me amused at all.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
How a 'bout a can of Tennants, a copy of Razzle from 1983 and a jar of Smuckers ?

--------------------

Dr. Benway

no, not really. I can't see that being amusing for more than about 15 - 20 minutes. And even then, amusing in the same way that a two year old gossip magazine is amusing in a doctor's waiting room.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

amusing in a morbid, nauseating way. In a way that makes you contemplate pulling a Speight.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:

For 200 buckeroos we could upgrade to the new version of this software and that has working RSS feed so it could be integrated..

You should go the vBulletin route mate...

v3.7 is almost Gold now and it has LOADS of Wank 2.0 shit in it! I'm soooooo looking forward to upgrading the 2 boards I run... *sigh*

I can get you an evaluation copy (or legit depending) to test the move if you so desire.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
vBulletin's like $160 right now isn't it ? plus a years free upgrades and $30 a year after that for support and patches..

That's only $101 Euro's thanks to the wanky exchange rate.

Hmmnn... I wonder if I could import all the original settings from here ?

--------------------

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
vBulletin's like $160 right now isn't it ? plus a years free upgrades and $30 a year after that for support and patches..

That's only $101 Euro's thanks to the wanky exchange rate.

Hmmnn... I wonder if I could import all the original settings from here ?

Do you MSN?

If so, sabian 48 at hottest male

If not, shoot me off an email (gmail) and I'll give you some toys to play with.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+