Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Web » random thoughts (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: random thoughts
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sam:
It kept waking her at 5 past midnight with its crying. She was quite matter-of-fact as she informed me she ripped its head off.

lol, like a Real Doll for kids.

[ 12.03.2009, 11:20: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
Originally posted by rooster:
legos

[Mad]
Would you rather LegoŽ brand building blocks? Didn't realize you were a trademark stickler.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Legos", "math", you guys don't know when to add or subtract your S's do you?

For the record, when writing responses to LEGO, I am expected to write LEGO as LEGO and as such have got into the habit of always writing LEGO as LEGO.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do you write LEGOS or LEGOs?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:
Would you rather LegoŽ brand building blocks? Didn't realize you were a trademark stickler.

Lego bricks and stickler bricks are different things, I think.
mart
My mate's grandad invented Stickle bricks. And the Spirograph.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
My mate's grandad invented Stickle bricks. And the Spirograph.

And the flid. And the mong.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Spangles. And the Bay City Rollers.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

B-A-Y, B-A-Y, B-A-Y-C-I-T-Y, R-O-DoubleL-E-R-S, Bay City Rollers are the best!

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God I loved Lego Technic. The twin-motor Peanut Firing Machine was probably the peak of my Lego creations. It also fired the little cylinder Lego pieces, which had the power to break glass. Later upgrades included a gearing system to increase the speed of projectiles. I'd borrowed a rabbit-head chap from the Fabuland collection at playgroup a few years previously, and he stood proudly on top of the PFM, directing the action like an evil dictator.

[ 12.03.2009, 12:04: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

mart
He used to drive round in a Rolls Royce, much like the Bay City Rollers did, I'm sure.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
He used to drive round in a Rolls Royce, much like the Bay City Rollers did, I'm sure.

W-who? The rabbit head chap from Fabuland?

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

A friend of Liz's invented the Twister.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

-

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Not...  -

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

lol
 -

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

-

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Stickle bricks are really cheap sex toys. You can get a whole bucket of them for about a tenner and there's no way you can get a whole bucket of stickle bricks up your arse in one go.

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still build model cars at age 26 [Embarrassed]

[ 12.03.2009, 12:26: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Black Mask

- !

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:

You wanna stick some stickle bricks up your arse, mate.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If it helps, I build and paint Games Workshop miniatures at age 31.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:

If it helps, I build and paint Games Workshop miniatures at age 31.
I remember when you 'came out' about that. I was going to take the piss, but couldn't bring myself to. See, truth is, I was tempted to do the same thing. I may yet. It seems quite attractive; pointless, difficult, juvenile, weirdly rewarding... It's ticking all my boxes. Plus, the Masketeers have discovered D&D and I'm soooo there, dude.

EDIT: It was only a comma, but it makes a difference.

[ 12.03.2009, 12:36: Message edited by: Black Mask ]

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Games workshop miniatures are awesome though aren't they?

I always had 'boy' toys when growing up. I was all about Lego and Technics, building model planes and robots, and so on and so forth. I was also well into playing on the Commodore 64 which I found endlessly fascinating. It's hard to see where I got that from, and I think that maybe, just maybe, it's worth bearing in mind that girls and boys are actually, to a certain extent, psychologically distinct from one another. And that, at least in part, shapes how they engage with their toys, and their approach to learning.

I've always thought that, while I don't want a child, if i did have one I'd want to create a home atmosphere which encouraged my child to experiment with as many different types of activity as possible. I think part of the problem is that parents have too much of a simplistic notion in their heads as to what constitutes girls' activities and boys' activities.

Thorn, you're having a girl aren't you. Why not buy her exclusively boy toys and see if she grows up to be a lesbian or something?

Black Mask

You're not gonna take that, are you Thorn?

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised Ringo hasn't already offered to babysit for them in around about 16 years from now.

--------------------

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I'm surprised Ringo hasn't already offered to babysit for them in around about 16 years from now.

He actually said ten years, which is why a kicked him from my Friends list on Facebook. I wasn't going to mention it, but since you brought it up.

Also didn't Mikee used to be on the GW 'Eavy Metal team or something? Doubtless he'd take one look at my Abaddon The Despoiler and ridicule the feeble attempts at shading, and the amateurish use of drybrushing.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my Abaddon The Despoiler

I thought it was called teensplitter. Christ, do you rename that thing every year now?
Black Mask

-
Woah!

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

Yeah, that's quite a lot better than the one I did over Christmas.
Black Mask

-
Ooooh!

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Also didn't Mikee used to be on the GW 'Eavy Metal team or something? Doubtless he'd take one look at my Abaddon The Despoiler and ridicule the feeble attempts at shading, and the amateurish use of drybrushing.

I got offered years ago to an apprenticeship when I was about 16. But I got too scared because it's all the way in Nottingham and later regretted it. To make up for my sins I started working for Bluebird toys when they were pushing out a line called Havok, a similar tabletop game, but the figures supplied were very rubbery and paint didn't take to them. I knew enough about gaming systems structure, the GW marketing structure and even moulding techniques, but was placed in a with a load of apathetic 20 somethigns who just use to talk down to me all the time. Then Mattell took us over and liquidated everything.

--------------------

Black Mask

-
oh.

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I got offered years ago to an apprenticeship when I was about 16. But I got too scared because it's all the way in Nottingham

Man, you'd have hated Nottingham. It sucked having the best rock and metal club in the country within 10 minutes walk of your front door
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
quote:
I got offered years ago to an apprenticeship when I was about 16. But I got too scared because it's all the way in Nottingham

Man, you'd have hated Nottingham. It sucked having the best rock and metal club in the country within 10 minutes walk of your front door
Do they sell cider, hash and speed in Nottingham?

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+