Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » (Ad)vice

Author Topic: (Ad)vice
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need a hand identifying an advert from about 10 years ago. Anyone remember an ad featuring a lumberjacky-type dude armwrestling a bear, then a bird with massive knockers walks in and something else happens... Ring a bell?

--------------------
sweet

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hofmeister lager?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, the bear. That bear wore a porkpie hat, though. Let me check...

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes... I know the one you mean, but I can't place what its for.

At the end the bear was still there right ?

It's not the beer bear..

[ 05.04.2007, 09:34: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Black Mask

"Christmas came early"

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what was it ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Black Mask

Haven't the feintest. A guy in my office is pulling his hair out trying to remember what the ad was for.

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
LOL..

Barry you might enjoy this:

http://linux.tc3net.com/darwin/80s/adverts/

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Probably no use.
Black Mask

Great! If I twig what it is I'll let you know. I'll certainly let you know before I tell my colleague. He's banging his head on the desk, now.

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
This is bugging me now... I'm saying microwave burgers or kitchen towels.

Dammit, I can see the advert in my mind, but all Google turns up is that dam 'Man fights a bear for a salmon' advert...

[ 05.04.2007, 10:07: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
kitchen towels

Brawny paper towels, at least here in the states, features a plaid-wearing, bearded lumberjack in its adverts.

eta: no beard. [Frown]

-

quote:
Sometimes, when I'm having a hard time, and I need to do something to make me feel better, I saw wood. Come saw some wood with me. Just relax your shoulders and let the saw do the work (a slow methodical back and forth sound of a saw softly cutting through wood is heard] That's it. Yeah. Feel better? I feel better too.

[ 05.04.2007, 10:21: Message edited by: ralph ]

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on, I'm looking.

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
It was for Yorkie, 1992. Do you need a copy?

--------------------

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by scrawny:
It was for Yorkie, 1992. Do you need a copy?

That's astonishing. I don't need a copy but do you have a still or a link?

--------------------
sweet

scrawny
Can't find it online but I can grab a still for you? Have an mpeg here too if you like.

--------------------

scrawny
Actually, better plan. Uploading to YouTube now x

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
I'm stunned, do you work in some form of secret underground advert bunker Scrawny ?

--------------------

scrawny
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Crs8Pjz9c

--------------------

scrawny
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
I'm stunned, do you work in some form of secret underground advert bunker Scrawny ?

I do, tragically. [Frown]

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that advertising harlyquin?

I have n recollection of that advert - but it was on about the time of my famous TV drout...

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+