Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » Recommend a film that you think is an OK film (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Recommend a film that you think is an OK film
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you writing all these down, not? Hm?
doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
quote:
Originally posted by doc d:
that mountain man film with robert redford.

Jeremiah Johnson. I thought I was the only person who ever saw this film. It's good.
its not just good, its fucking ace.

especially the music.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Midnight Run

"You're a fucking criminal and you deserve to go where you're going and I'm gonna take you there and if hear any more shit outta you I'm gonna fucking bust your head and I'll put you back in that fucking hole and I'm gonna stick your head in the fucking toilet bowl and I'm gonna make it stay there."

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah midnight run is a good one.
doc d
late to the party
django
once upon a time in the west

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What About Bob?

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amelie
Fargo
O Brother Where art thou?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brief Encounter
Back to the Future
Bareback Mounting

doc d
late to the party
okie noodling
girls gone grabblin'

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fucking hate Brief Encounter. I know one of the most common criticisms leveled at the story revolves around the question of why these (not particularly religious) characters don't just go ahead and bang each other senseless if their passion is so strong, but for me the central flaw is the fact that Trevor Howard doesn't just, you know, push Celia Johnson in front of a steam train for being the most irritating person on the entire planet.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
The Gods Must Be Crazy

Starring the excitingly named N!xau.

I used to always recommend this one to people, but I only ever saw it once and that was so long ago that it's all gone a bit dim and don't really feel safe suggesting it any more. Is it as good as ever?

(The Land Rover on a winch scene is still in my head mind you.)

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fucking love Brief Encounter, and the reason they don't do the deed is because they are genteel, and nice folks didn't do that sort of thing, thank you very much.

Her voice is pretty annoying, I'll grant you.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And because the concept of duty was right strong in Celia, and she had that nice husband at home who kind of knew but didn't like to say, and it's all repressed and unspoken, and gets me bawling my eyes out every time.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
The Gods Must Be Crazy

Starring the excitingly named N!xau.

I used to always recommend this one to people, but I only ever saw it once and that was so long ago that it's all gone a bit dim and don't really feel safe suggesting it any more. Is it as good as ever?

(The Land Rover on a winch scene is still in my head mind you.)

It's not that good no - the novely wears off pretty quickly, the ramped sped up benny hill stuff is fun for a bit, the dubbing is terrible, the etc zzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALEC: Can I help you?

LAURA: I've gort something in my eye.

ALEC: I happen to be a Doctor.

LAURA: Thaink you.

ALEC POKES HIS FINGER IN HER EYE.

ALEC: There.

LAURA: Oh you are marvelous.

ALEC: Don’t mention it.

LAURA: Simply marvellous.

ALEC: Please, it's no bother.

LAURA: I think you're just quite simply the most –

ALEC: [FROWNS] You must hush now.

LAURA: I shan't. Not until I've thainked you.

ALEC: Shut up.

A TRAIN WHISTLE SOUNDS. THE EXPRESS THUNDERS INTO VIEW.

LAURA: Simply....marveleous.

ALEC: Goodbye.

LAURA: Stay...you're just so marvellous. I think...I think...

THE TRAIN THUNDERS INTO THE STATION.

COCKERNY: Express passing through. Stand back.

LAURA: I think....you're simply...I must say...I think...

ALEC PUSHES LAURA IN FRONT OF THE TRAIN. SHE SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE. ALEC TIPS HIS HAT.

ALEC: Now try pulling your eyelid down...and then blowing your nose. Christ.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
We should probably have a thread where we re-write classic movies to 'improve' them really.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Bowman: Hello, HAL do you read me, HAL?
HAL: Affirmative, Dave, I read you.
Dave Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
Dave Bowman: What's the problem?
HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?
HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Dave Bowman: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL?
HAL: I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Dave Bowman: Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?
HAL: Dave, although you took thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
DAVE PUSHES HAL IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. HAL SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
LOL 9000.
doc d
late to the party
Harry:
"I know what you're thinking,Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?"

Train appears in distance

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fuxxache

[ 08.05.2007, 08:44: Message edited by: Nathan Bleak ]

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Black Mask

Kay Adams: Michael, you never told me your family knew Johnny Fontane!
Michael: Oh sure, you want to meet him?
Kay Adams: Yeah!
Michael: You know, my father helped Johnny in his career.
Kay Adams: Really? How?
Michael: ...Let's listen to this song.
Kay Adams: [after listening to Johnny for a while] Please, Michael. Tell me.
Michael: ...Well when Johnny was first starting out, he was signed to this contract with a big-band leader. And as his career got better and better he wanted to get out of it. Now, Johnny is my father's godson. My father went to see the bandleader, with a contract for $10,000 to let Johnny go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day, my father went to see the bandleader again, only this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, the bandleader signed the release, with a certified check of $1000.
Kay Adams: How did he do that?
Michael: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Kay Adams: What was it?
Michael: Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured the bandleader, that either his signature or his brains would be on the contract.
Kay Adams: ...
Michael: ...That's a true story.
[cut to Johnny singing again for about 10 more seconds before going back to Michael]
Michael: That's my family Kay, it's not me.
MICHAEL PUSHES KAY IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. KAY SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oskar Schindler: The unconditional surrender of Germany has just been announced. At midnight tonight, the war is over. Tomorrow you'll begin the process of looking for survivors of your families. In most cases... you won't find them. After six long years of murder, victims are being mourned throughout the world. We've survived. Many of you have come up to me and thanked me. Thank yourselves. Thank your fearless Stern, and others among you who worried about you and faced death at every moment. I am a member of the Nazi Party. I'm a munitions manufacturer. I'm a profiteer of slave labor. I am... a criminal. At midnight, you'll be free .....

(Train is heard in distance)

--------------------

Black Mask

Rick: Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: you're getting on that plane with Victor where you belong.
Ilsa: But, Richard, no, I... I...
Rick: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what you'd have to look forward to if you stayed here? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up in a concentration camp. Isn't that true, Louie?
Captain Renault: I'm afraid Major Strasser would insist.
Ilsa: You're saying this only to make me go.
Rick: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Ilsa: But what about us?
Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you.
Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid.
ILSA PUSHES RICK IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. RICK SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I think Alternabenway could make these fly.
doc d
late to the party
Kurtz: I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
THE SNAIL PUSHES KURTZ IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. KURTZ SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

reedit

[ 08.05.2007, 08:53: Message edited by: doc d ]

Nathan Bleak
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, when I started reading that, I thought it was a re-working of Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS with RickJ written into it as a love interest.

--------------------

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by doc d:
Kurtz: I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
KURTZ PUSHES THE SNAIL IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. THE SNAIL SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

LOL

--------------------
sweet

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
A TRAIN THUNDERS TOWARDS DOCTOR OCTOPUS. RAISING HIS METAL ARMS, OCTOPUS PUSHES THE TRAIN IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. THE TRAIN SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

STAN LEE: Nuff said.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VADER: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The
circle is now complete.

VADER: When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.

BEN: Only a master of evil, Darth.

VADER: Your powers are weak, old man.

BEN: You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more
powerful than….

VADER PUSHES BEN IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. BEN SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

Waynster

Ricki: It's turkey time.
Larry Gigli: Huh?
Ricki: Gobble, gobble.

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD PUSHES RICKI AND LARRY IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. EVERYONE SCREAMS IN RELIEF AND DELIGHT BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

--------------------

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
VADER: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The
circle is now complete.

VADER: When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.

BEN: Only a master of evil, Darth.

VADER: Your powers are weak, old man.

BEN: You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more
powerful than….

VADER PUSHES BEN IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. BEN SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

LOL!!!

ETA: someone should make a series of sketches out of these.

[ 08.05.2007, 08:57: Message edited by: Tilde ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henry: "You're really funny. You're really funny."
Tommy: "What do you mean I'm funny?"
Henry: "It's funny, you know. It's a good story. It's funny. You're a funny guy."
Tommy: "What do you mean? The way I talk?"
Henry: "Its just, you know, you're just funny. You know, the way you tell the story and everything."
Tommy: "Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it?"
Anthony: "Tommy, you got it all wrong..."
Tommy: "Whoa whoa whoa, Anthony, he's a big boy; he knows what he said. What'd you say? Funny how?"
Henry: "It's... You know, you're funny."
Tommy: "You mean-lemme understand this, cause I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe. But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"
Henry: "It's just... You know, how you tell the story. What?"
Tommy: "No, no, I don't know. You said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny."
Henry: "Get the fuck outta here. Tommy..."
Tommy: "You motherfucker. I almost had him! I almost had him! You stutterin'... You stutterin' prick, ya. Frankie was he shakin?"
HENRY PUSHES TOMMY IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. TOMMY SCREAMS BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

[ 08.05.2007, 08:58: Message edited by: Zygote ]

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

SPLAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHH!!

A SEAGULL PUSHES CHIEF BRODIE IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. CHIEF BRODIE SCREAMS BUT A SORT OF GLUG GLUG GLUG SOUND DROWNS OUT THE NOISE.

Nathan Bleak
Dr. Ian Malcolm: What is so great about discovery? It is a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world.

DR IAN MALCOLM, BY WAY OF DEMONSTRATION, PUSHES THE NATURAL WORLD IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. IT SCREAMS, BUT A WHISTLE DROWNS OUT THE NOISE. MALCOLM NODS, SATISFIED HIS POINT HAS BEEN MADE

--------------------

doc d
late to the party
Animal Mother: You a photographer?
Private Joker: I'm a combat correspondent.
Animal Mother: Well you seen much combat?
Private Joker: I've seen a little on TV.
Animal Mother: You're a real comedian.
Private Joker: Well they call me the Joker.
Animal Mother: Well I got a joke for you. I'm gonna tear you a new asshole.
Private Joker: Well pilgrim, only after you eat the peanuts out of my shit.
Animal Mother: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

PRIVATE JOKER PUSHES ANIMAL MOTHER IN FRONT OF A TRAIN. ANIMAL MOTHER SCREAMS...

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+