Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » The Wire - Season Five (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: The Wire - Season Five
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah! That's almost... Shatneresque.

--------------------
sweet

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently listened to all six hours of an audiobook version of Shatner's autobiography, spoken by the man himself. It's called 'Up till now', and it's good.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we're on the subject, what about Joaquin Phoenix, eh? Elaborate hoax or total meltdown?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hard to say. What do you think?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea that it's a kind of meta-performance and that we're all going to be astounded by the resultant movie when it turns out not to be a Borat style skit, but a beautifully conceived, heart-wrenching portrayal of a deluded character, put together with ingenuity and invention by Joaquin and Casey. My fear is that he really has completely lost his mind and is disintegrating in front of us, and will top himself/ OD within the next couple of years.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a way to go though. There's losing your mind, being all depressed and shit, and then there's losing your mind and starting a new career as a rapper. Maybe he'll do a total reggie perrin and end up moving from rapper to actor.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I'll go with hoax, I think.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mh. I'd like to think it's a hoax. A seperate camera crew were with him on the night of the Letterman show.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
like the Jade Goody thing.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmnnn...
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
tilde what was going on yesterday with xbox live? I got your request to join a party, I tried, it wouldn't connect, then I saw you'd started left4dead, so I stuck it in, then you were gone [Confused]
Thorn Davis

sorry about that. I sent the party request by mistake when I was comparing games, and I was just about to turn the console off. Then when I got your text messages I just ignored them because it seems to be quite effortful to send texts on my new phone.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
wait...so you did it as well? [Confused]
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
anyway. I would have thought after all the amazing hoaxes that tmoers have pulled off over the years, we'd all be savvy to this kind of thing by now.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
all the amazing hoaxes that tmoers have pulled off over the years

Do you have any examples? I can't recall any amazing hoaxes...although I guess I'm still a noob...on the outside looking in...
Tilde
TMO Member
I once pretended I was a new poster, and fooled Thorn into saying something nice about me.
Tilde
TMO Member
Also I once talked Dr Benway/Jimmy Big Nuts/Deep Freeze/Kanye West into giving me his password and posted as him until he panicked and locked me out of his account.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
deep freeze was going to be a collaboration between jonesy and myself about somebody working on a research station in the arctic and something 'unusual' gets dug out of the ice. It's meta, see, because The Thing is all about hidden threats and people not being who they seem to be etc
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:
Also I once talked Dr Benway/Jimmy Big Nuts/Deep Freeze/Kanye West into giving me his password and posted as him until he panicked and locked me out of his account.

I was also Bruce Campbell for a while.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:

Yep, good times. We may as well reveal it. For about a year, tilde was driving dr. benway.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the last newbie to tmo was in 2006. Who can forget doe doe?
Thorn Davis

I couple of years ago I guessed the password to Harlequin's account and started occasionally posting as him. Probably about 50% of what gets posted on here under Harlequin is me.
Kanye West
TMO Member
h1ppy and I had a daughter in 2005
Tilde
TMO Member
Ringo is in fact 45 years old.
Kanye West
TMO Member
and he can't drive.
Tilde
TMO Member
Miss Golightly only ever does it in the missionary position, with the lights off.
Kanye West
TMO Member
hey that stuff about ralph's mother on the first page of this thread is quite funny.
ralph

it really was. my poor old mom. [Frown]
Kanye West
TMO Member
until dammo came in and accused us all of being racists.
Thorn Davis

That little prick. What's the deal with damo anyway? Everyone seems to love the guy and all he ever does is turn up, post something in lowercase about how a hip-hop album is awesome and then disappear.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he's an OG.
ralph

[Confused]
Thorn Davis

OGC more like.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's like a hip hop version of Stakker.

Lates.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone is likely to deny being an OGC. Well, apart from perhaps MissGolightly.

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+