Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Media Junkies » Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what a rant...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd think that if he's browing TMO for material, he could at least post occasionally.

I thought last nights episode was excellent. Perhaps as good as the one the week before which I enjoyed hugely.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless of course one of the regular users of TMO writes for Stewart Lee?

Do you think Jonesey is nicking your ideas and then selling them onto BBC comedians?

Or Fish?

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Unless of course one of the regular users of TMO writes for Stewart Lee?

Do you think Jonesey is nicking your ideas and then selling them onto BBC comedians?

Or Fish?

Very likely - which is why they added in that transparent nonsense about it being recorded 3 months ago.

Yeah, it was a brilliant show although I lost sight of whether or not I was really laughing at the gag or just gleefully gurgling along with a bunch of stuff I agreed with.

Still hate the sketches, though.

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it twice yesterday. I never do that, loved it. Now in my mind Stewart Lee is an older fatter funnier Thorn. Who choose standup comedy rather than online bulletin boards.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray! I win at being young and slim and posting on bulletin boards!
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a young Thorn on that 'finding a coherent teenager' debating programme, too. He gets about in time, doesn't he.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't watched any of this, but I've recorded it. Hope that helps.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Recorded LOL. It's like it's 1993 again.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched this. Was good. His delivery was what impressed me the most. Almost hypnotic. The use of repetition, the gradual change in tone. The end, where he's talking about houses of sand was a pretty powerful bit of television.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I finally got around to watching this weeks episode on the Wii (Religion episode).

Excellent stuff. I haven't laughed out loud as much at any episode as I did at this one. I thought the bit about the guy coming to his door with "Jesus is the answer, what is the question" was absolute genius.

Thorn Davis

I had a disorienting moment during the Religion episode, when Stewart mentioned that he'd found a book which clarified the Muslim position on dogs, and held up a copy of 'Animals in Islamic Tradition'. Which we published.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Which we published.

I saw a copy of Oilopoly in a prime position in one of Reading Station's WHSmiths the other day.
Thorn Davis

Yeah, this fucking stuff is everywhere it seems. i can't turn on the radio now without one of our fucking authors gobbing off about current affairs or some shit. And now the Douglas Adams estate is attempting to sue us because one of our books is called 42, which is a number he had dibs on, apparently.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shit man, someone should sort that Douglas Adams out once and for all. [Mad]

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+