TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Society » america (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: america
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad]
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad]

--------------------
sweet

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid the election is lost but it has nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with Palin. She has every Christian mom in America supporting her with religious fervor. We have no hope.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully she'll grow tired quickly, so far she's shown herself up to be sarcastic (at the convention) and snide and a bit stupid and ignorant in interviews (or interview - The Bush Doctrine, whas dat?). The Democrats need to force her out in the open a lot more in the next few weeks and get her bubble to burst. Or set Hilary on her. Also, the Democrats need to attack her, and to hell with the 'sexist' shield that the Republicans have been throwing up, or go for McCain - or keep bringing up the Economy, anything to show that they haven't a clue what they are doing.

Interviewer to McCain: What does Gvnr Palin know about national security
McCain: Energy. She knows more about energy than any other American.

Eh?

Oh, and somebody should punch Ruddy Guliani in the face.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

rooster
for the people who support her, no amount of making her look stupid will work...the more we try the more it will backfire. They will rush to her defense as if we attacked Jesus himself.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has the army of 'soccer moms' behind her, whose support she has regardless of policy because "she's one of us". [Roll Eyes]

I hear Australia's nice.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

froopyscot
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harlequin:
But that film Loose Change shows footage of George Bush and Condaleeza Rice LYING about 9/11! Yes bare faced LYING about 9/11!

I haven't seen the film, so I can't comment on these specific lies, but it's fair to say that Bush & Co have put forth so many lies over the past eight years that it would require at least the same amount of time again just to list them all out. His would-be successor McCain is basing a campaign strategy around putting forth lies faster than the media (online or traditional) can or will counter them.

Think of it as a fire hose of lies, used against a citizenry armed with a paper towel.

--------------------

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:

I hear Australia's nice.

Better than Britain! I chose the wrong English speaking country to move to...

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sabian:
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:

I hear Australia's nice.

Better than Britain! I chose the wrong English speaking country to move to...
You certainly did.

--------------------
sweet

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the people who support her were never going to vote democrat anyway - the whole build up as been talking about how McCain needs to separate himself from Bush, to make the Republicans appear like the choice of change - which is absurd. I do think that picking Palin has just pushed the ticket further to the right.

--------------------

rooster
I don't think that is true at all. I'm on a couple of boards with moms from middle America and they were waffling until she came along and now they are either firmly in one camp or the other and unfortunately, many of them are in her camp.
sabian

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
You certainly did.

Awww... Blackie, don't be so mean... You know I love you really.
quote:
Originally posted by rooster:
I don't think that is true at all. I'm on a couple of boards with moms from middle America and they were waffling until she came along and now they are either firmly in one camp or the other and unfortunately, many of them are in her camp.

I've always thought McCain would win but it would be close and depend wholly on if Obama could get out of his rhetoric rut and actually say what he'd do the for the country.

Since Palin was announced and Obama lost his PR machine, I think the win will be much more conclusive now.

The only saving grace is that something comes out that hamstring's Palin... Little things have eeked out that are embarrassing, but not big enough to cripple them. Like Geraldine Ferraro's crook husband who clinched it for Reagan... We need that again, only this time for Palin.

Otherwise, this administration could actually be worse than Bush's, and that's scary!

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
quote:
Originally posted by rooster:

Fair enough. I do think that a lot of the undecided voters are either saying that so that they feel more important in the run up, or because they don't want to admit that they aren't comfortable voting for a black man.

--------------------

rooster
It would have to be something VERY serious to cripple them. and it doesn't help that people on our side do stupid things like this:
Greenberg's McCain photos

which, although it may contain info (like the **** thing) that people should know, just bolsters the repub's defensive position.

[ 16.09.2008, 01:10: Message edited by: rooster ]

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she believes dinosaurs walked the earth alongside humans. fred flintstone-style. within the last 7,000 years.

THANK FUCK china is the future

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that's almost as retarded as being a scientologist
sabian

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
she believes dinosaurs walked the earth alongside humans. fred flintstone-style. within the last 7,000 years.

At least that's a bit more progressive than a guy I knew back home who said that there were no dinosaurs, God put the bones in the ground to "test our faith".

Why are religious people such fucking retards? Oh yeah, cuz the Bible says that they have to be!

Personally I prefer Thomas Jefferson:
quote:
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

--------------------

sabian

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Yeah that's almost as retarded as being a scientologist

They were in the Market on Saturday and tried to collar me with their street stress test thing... I told them that if I wanted to join a cult, I'd join one that would be a lot more fun like Satanists, not one who thought I had a bit of Alien seed in me and I had to give them all my money to germinate it.

I've NEVER seen someone get so angry and shout so loud in public before... I reckon the stress test thing would have told him to pop some Nitro to stem off the coming coronary

--------------------

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a protest thing going on opposite their branch on Tottenham Court Road in the afternoon, about 50 people wearing some sort of masks and chanting about cults. Even the police in attendance seemed to find it quite amusing..
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would guess that would be Anonymous. Were they wearing V for Vendetta masks?

-

Black Mask

It's funny, but you never see any Scientologists in Peckham...

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by sabian:
You know I love you really.

I know, dude, I know.

Look! Tasty goodness.

--------------------
sweet

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That poeTV site has a fantastic speech by Joe Biden here.

(it's half an hour long but well worth it)

In fact I think it's the most intelligent speech I've ever heard from a politician.

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
a fantastic speech by Joe Biden here.

Wow, that is a brilliant speech. I had no idea Biden was such a powerful and passionate speaker, I'd only read a couple of broadsheet biogs and sidebars about him.

If he can throw those sorts of punches in the pre-election debates he could be Obama's secret weapon.

GET UP!!!

--------------------
sweet

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:

THANK FUCK china is the future

right. chinese traditional medicine and mumbo fucking jumbo. thank fuck for that.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
I would guess that would be Anonymous. Were they wearing V for Vendetta masks?

That's the ones! I remember thinking the masks were familiar but didn't make the connection, one of them proffered one to me, I wish I'd accepted now..
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully good news

quote:
America's largest women's rights organisation delivered a snub to Sarah Palin's history-making candidacy yesterday by endorsing Barack Obama and Joe Biden's bid for power
Now, if Palin can just continue to make an idiot of herself by lying, then admitting she was lying, then retelling the exact same lie, hopefully the Democrats will win. (And I mean actually get into power this time, not just get more votes)
sabian

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1592171482172108406

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
Palin seems to think that the way to solve the current financial crisis, sorry readjustment, is to regulate and keep big government away from Wall Street.

Palin and McCain floundered quite badly yesterday...

--------------------

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
palin and mccain. what a pair of whoppers.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh leave poor Palin alone. Even if we have to put up with his toe-curling anecdotes about drinking congealed yak milk in Bhutan or eating rotten fish heads in downtown Ho Chi Minh City.

Oops, wrong Palin.

[ 19.09.2008, 08:19: Message edited by: Samuelnorton ]

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

froopyscot
If that Palin were a choice, I might consider voting for him.

-

Too bad about that pesky natural born citizen requirement.

[ 19.09.2008, 11:02: Message edited by: froopyscot ]

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
credit crunch gets serious
froopyscot
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
credit crunch gets serious

Are we sure the Telegraph hasn't started ripping off stories from The Onion?

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+