Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Sex and Relationships » d.i.v.o.r.c.e (Page 6)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: d.i.v.o.r.c.e
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine, forget it then.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you double barrel ? is that fairer ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After weeks of heated discussion Amp folded: she would drink his piss on their wedding day after all.

-

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bottoms up!
London

-

[ 23.02.2006, 07:59: Message edited by: London ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
New Way Of Decay

aaaaaaaawww.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Over three weeks in BM, if it was booze related I would have thought it would have arrived earlier.

And I know why I'm miserable, and it has nothing to do with a booze free diet.

Trust me, if I thought it would lift me out of it I'd be pissed in a heartbeat.

dazzle: at three weeks in i was still All About The Glumness. i havent really started to feel the full effects of not drinking until about maybe ten days ago, and even then it can be a bumpy ride. ive made the decision to stop drinking forevz if i can, for reasons we dont really need to go into here, and from talking to people who have stopped it can take a lot longer than three weeks for the depressant effects of al- kee- hol to dissipate if youve been drinking regularly and in significant quantities for a while in the period beforehand. which is not to say that if you keep choosing no boozing for another three weeks then you will feel that the world is a brighter and more giving place all of a sudden, especially when you say you know the reasons for your current depression. but i have found that a longer abstension does begin to reap rewards mood- wise eventually, and certainly at this stage i would agree that drinking on your current mood is very unlikely to help matters.

okay, well i will go as far as this to explain why i have given up drinking: a male nurse with a kindly beard asked me at the end of last year; how long have you been depressed, alice?' answer: 15 years. which is also the same amount of time i have been drinking. coincidence? in a pig's eye, sherlock, said nurse kindly beard. he then drew me a lovely mind picture, a picture of Booze and Anti- depressants having a big fuck off ruck in my head, with booze rope- a- doping the anti- d's and the anti- d's tussling the Booze into a headlock, and neither of them coming off any the better for this constant men- in- love- style wrestle, and it was as if the scales fell from my eyes. i cant drink any more if i want to have any control over my moods or my life. its that simple for me, pretty much.

i cant speak for your situation because i know nothing of it bar what youve told us, and that seeing you in this protracted state of Black Doggishness makes me sad because you are Teh Rule. But at the risk of sounding like some enculturated AA Big- Book- Basher, id keep on with the not drinking for a iddy longer because it might at the very least give your anti- d's a chance to get their groove on without constant bundling. it might not. but in my experience what depression and booze share is an ability to rob you blind of your perspective on life; once you stop letting booze egg depression on like the cheeky and sometimes malicious little tinker it is sometimes wont to be, then life might slowly begin to feel like a bigger and brighter sort of deal.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for that DM [Smile]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nae probs! also: here is a picture of a monkey making disco tunes.

-

who needs booze when you have disco monkeys!

[ 23.02.2006, 08:26: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A full Oprah UGOGURL (complete with neck gimble head movement) to Dank Fanjita, even if that monkey is giving me the fear.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Boy Racer
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually fear it may haunt my dreams.

--------------------

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
dance margarita
TMO Member
my work here is done.

[ 23.02.2006, 09:35: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------

Boy Racer
God I need a drink.

--------------------

Boy Racer
Just not Thorn's wee please.

--------------------

Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
here is a picture of a monkey making disco tunes.

Not only that, but making them on analogue synthesisers with unusual flashing knobs.

Hehe. Knobs.

--------------------
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
The Wonderful World of Dr. When

London

[ 23.02.2006, 13:20: Message edited by: London ]

Kellifer
a beautiful, sensitive impenetrable mind.
 - posted      Profile for Kellifer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do I get this, 'I AM A FUCKING GIMP' sticker that's been refered to? I quite fancy the idea of becomming Mrs M Files. If it's just a matter of nipping down to WHSmith's then I'll nip out and get one. Once I manage to get this rusty chain from around my ankles and put my shoes on, of course.

--------------------
Oh when I was in love with you, then I was clean and brave.

dance margarita
TMO Member
actually i was thinking about this thread all day yesterday and it has made me realise that there is no way i am giving up my surname- and its not like i have a professional reputation to protect; i just fucking love my surname. i love the way that my friends bellow it at me across rooms, i love the vowel sounds of it, i love the way it sounds when people use it as a comedy chastisement. i love the way i cant really say it because my r's are a bit flabby, and i love it when people notice that. i love that of the few tangible things that my father ever gave me this is the thing i carry around with me every day of my life. ive been alice bridget sian rooney for 30 years now, and im stopping for no motherfucker. this is my name, alice bridget sian rooney is who i am, and changing that would involve too much doublethink.

--------------------

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get married I will change my name. There is no doubt about that - I've always known that that is what I'll do. I'm all for sexual equality and all that, but if you're going to go for the whole shebang anyway - wedding cake, rings, pretty dress, witnesses, vows - then why not take your husband's name? It's a kind of old-fashioned, traditional thing to do, but isn't the whole marriage thing traditional and old-fashioned?

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by turbo:
I'm all for sexual equality and all that

Quote of the week?

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
But here in NL Turbo wont you automatically be Mrs. Whateverheis - Whateveryouwere ?

--------------------

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was seventeen my (step)father decided to adopt me so I could get citizenship of this fine country I call home. Otherwise I'd be one of those poor white zimbabweans you hear about and who the fuck would want that?

Anyway, once we got all the legal bits and pieces out of the way I had to choose whether I wanted to keep my surname or swap over to his. I chose not to change. My surname is a reminder of my deadbeat dad but I still stuck with it. As DD says, it's who I am. It's my name even if I share it with someone I feel very little for.

thats a bit deep for a friday afternoon...

--------------------
supa scrub

Boy Racer
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
actually i was thinking about this thread all day yesterday and it has made me realise that there is no way i am giving up my surname- and its not like i have a professional reputation to protect; i just fucking love my surname. i love the way that my friends bellow it at me across rooms, i love the vowel sounds of it, i love the way it sounds when people use it as a comedy chastisement. i love the way i cant really say it because my r's are a bit flabby, and i love it when people notice that. i love that of the few tangible things that my father ever gave me this is the thing i carry around with me every day of my life. ive been alice bridget sian rooney for 30 years now, and im stopping for no motherfucker. this is my name, alice bridget sian rooney is who i am, and changing that would involve too much doublethink.

At the risk of sounding obsequious, I was also thinking about this thread and how people's names can be part of who they are yesterday and thinking how you so are Alice (Bridget Sian) Rooney. I found it impossible to imagine your first name without your surname, anything else wouldn't be you, it'd just be Alice Blah, and I couldn't imagine you being Alice Blah at all.

That Disco Monkey is still freaking me the fuck out btw. brrrr, shudder, etc.

[ 24.02.2006, 08:20: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------

Niffer
Een beetje vreemd, maar wel lekker!
 - posted      Profile for Niffer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
When I was seventeen my (step)father decided to adopt me so I could get citizenship of this fine country I call home. Otherwise I'd be one of those poor white zimbabweans you hear about and who the fuck would want that?

Anyway, once we got all the legal bits and pieces out of the way I had to choose whether I wanted to keep my surname or swap over to his. I chose not to change. My surname is a reminder of my deadbeat dad but I still stuck with it. As DD says, it's who I am. It's my name even if I share it with someone I feel very little for.

thats a bit deep for a friday afternoon...

Y'see, I'm the opposite. I mean I have my Dad's surname and he's a loser. This doesn't bother me. The surname bit I mean. My surname isn't really part of who I am. I mean it is, obviously, but if someone asked me to give it up it wouldn't be a big deal.

Likewise, despite being incesensed by my Dad's behaviour on a regular basis prior to him just dropping out of sight I can't get excited enough to draft the deed poll and pay one of my brethren the fiver to get something more pronouncable.

--------------------
Seek help, possibly medication.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold on, I thought turbo was a woman..?

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

--------------------
sweet

omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's the worst thing i think i have ever seen.

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
But here in NL Turbo wont you automatically be Mrs. Whateverheis - Whateveryouwere ?

I'm not sure, as I have friends that have and haven't changed their surnames. If I do change my name, I can change it for everything except my passport, in which I would be Mrs Mynamenow, wife of Hisname. That always makes me laugh.

--------------------

turbo
Gold.....
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Hold on, I thought turbo was a woman..?

I was. And I still am.

--------------------

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All skirts no lower than two inches below the knee (except for Church).
lol

I'm not sure that contract is all it seems. Think a straightforward abusive/ultrademanding husband would express himself in far cruder and less elaborate terms - that document seems to me more like a prop to be used in two-hander sub-dom sex play.

You know, the sort of thing quite a few forites are into.

MiscellaneousFiles

I'm not sure "ingestion of cum" is a legally correct term.

Niffer?

jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was getting married I'd change my surname to my fiance's in a flash. I get so fed up with people asking

"so when's your next film out"

"wow it must be great being the pope of filth"

and then I have to explain for the seventh zillion time that I am not the famous film director.

Actually, that never happens. Ever.

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+