Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Sex and Relationships » Black Dog (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Black Dog
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The book has gone from making you hate French, despise Belgiun, think usless fools at the UN to absolutely fucking spit blood at the US government - and I still have about a 100 pages to go - I hope it has a happy ending....

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all confused by the whole prawn cocktail thing. It would appear that it's just taking shrimp, tossing them in a mayonnaise-based sauce of some kind, and serving over lettuce. It's like the ingredients in a lobster roll, except not using lobster obviously, and missing the critical detail of the bread to contain all the vaguely greasy seafood bits.

I'm more familiar with shrimp cocktail (shrimp cooked and chilled, served with cocktail sauce, preferably one with lots of horseradish), which is good occasionally.

Here, have some photo goodness.

-

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why I think it is so loved, because of the simplicity. However, I completely forgot to mention this rather exciting bit of information. My girlfirend doesn't like prawns. When I mean, doesn't like... I mean is actually frightened of. She has a mild fear of crustaceans.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
I just had a mental image of Samuelnorton reading a book about Rwandan genocide in a bid to cheer himself up. Rocking backwards and forwards laughing "Take that fuzzy-wuzzies!" I don't know why he'd be depressed. Maybe after reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and crying like a kid that's just seen Bambi for the first time.

lol. Personally I find the term 'fuzzy-wuzzies' a little childish, and Shirer's work is a little out of date now. Come on man, keep up!

I was reading Ian Smith's Bitter Harvest the other week - an excellent and enlightening read.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
Come And See - Russian war flim about partisans in WWII, taken from child's point of view. Terrifying.

Idi i smotri is a must-see among modern war films, and leaves the Hollywood guff trailing in its wake. Unlike the latter, Elem Klimov's very honest and uncompromising work cannot be described in a short paragraph; it is a war movie, yes - but is distinctly surreal in places. Everyone I have spoken to who has seen the film always remembers the loris.

Some trivia: live ammo was used in the filming, and the film was actually restricted for a time in the USSR on account of the SS officer at the end remaining calm and dignified in presenting his case despite knowing that he was going to die.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many loose ends. Did Benny the Ball evercure his depression? Such a shame network execs cancelled TMO before the story was wrapped up.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Fox are rubbish aren't they.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 13.08.2009, 04:15: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
Yeah, Fox are rubbish aren't they.

It was great while it lasted. They just had no idea what to do with it.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I'm just going to slip this in here where no-one will see it.

I have no idea what that is apart from I don't have access to it.
Thorn Davis

Try it now. Or don't. It was a terribly self-indulgent link to put up.

[ 28.07.2009, 05:08: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That worked better. It's a bit too soon for me to comment on it just yet as I haven't finished it. Give me some time....
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that...your novel?
Thorn Davis

It's bits of the second one, yeah. It was just reading about it in the opening posts of the thread, and I thought I'd... you know... Chuck it up there. It's very raw at the moment, and only the first 40,000 words. There's a lot of placeholder stuff that's just there to stick the story together, and I haven't gone through it to take out the pointless digressions yet.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to read it. I hope it features baby head crushers.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like what I read so far - I'm downloading for my netbook so I can finish it off on the train

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna put this on my phone too to read on a journey later.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm going to run this through a text to speech program and convert it to mp3 and listen to it being read to me by a robot.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Lol

ETA: @SG5, not at Thorn's boke. I haven't read it yet. I'm still screen testing actors to perform it to me in mime.

[ 30.07.2009, 03:37: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Thorn Davis

You're not going to fully appreciate it unless you read it as it was intended to be read: as text projected onto the surface of the moon, with illustrations on either side performed by co-ordinated fireworks, the entire thing read out in Morgan Freeman's 'wise old man' voice, while on the other side of the planet the Sun goes supernova. Alot of the drama won't work outside of this context. It's an 'event' novel.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the bit about the quiet dog gone?
Thorn Davis

The what about the what?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Actually yeah, the quiet dog bit was my favourite too. They tried everything to stop the dog being quiet. That was hilarious, but I suppose it was probably a bit too racist to make it to the final cut.
Thorn Davis

Nothing's too racist to make the final cut.
McDirts
TMO Member
I don't understand why you took that whole bit about Jeff Wrangler and the dog he'd 'trained up' to react to certain races out of it.
Seemed like a real USP to me.

Thorn Davis

You're thinking of the widely maligned Sam Fuller film from 1982, White Dog.
McDirts
TMO Member
You didn't write that?
Thorn Davis

No.
Thorn Davis

I don't suppose anybody had any thoughts on this? I was vaguely considering abandoning it for something else.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The link's gone!

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

this one should work

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+