Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Sex and Relationships » Everyday things we like. (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Everyday things we like.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snooker reminds me of 1997. my boyfriend wasnt feeling very at one with himself, and kept going to bed really early, like, at ten oclock, and quite obviously not wanting me to join him in case we got into the seventeeth 'i do still fancy you, im just really tired' arguments of the month. so i stayed up until 3 every morning watching the world snooker championships highlights and the OU, drinking cooking wine and smoking really skinny rollups, the butts of which all piled up into a horrible white- ish- yellow-ish- brown mountain in a really massive earthenware pub ashtray we had nicked in a fit of drunken cameraderie but a few months before. i developed a really huge crush on a very mediocre snooker player who, in retrospect, looked almost exactly like the boyfriend with whom i was not having any sex at the time. now whenever i see ronnie o'sullivan's face it makes me feel really angry and sexually frustrated.

eta: LOL, ronnie sullivans house? i am not sitting outside his house feeling angry and sexually frustrated. i promise im not.

[ 26.04.2007, 08:23: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what they should do is zoom in on the people who are chatting when they're not supposed to be.
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
It's not always a man. There's Michaela Tabb.

-
Tabb: Involved in many a male wank fantasy.

I would marry her, given the opportunity.

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Ronnie still a Muslim?

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tabb has got a wonky face.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and really pale hands.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Zygote
TMO's Member
There's just something about Tabb that I find utterly sexy. Those soft, silky white gloves stroking your cock as you lean over to pot the blue in the yellow pocket. Mmmmm... Imagine it. Sensational.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michaela is filth though isn't she. Look at her. She has great chest bollocks too. If I was playing at the crucible and she was referreeing, I don't think I'd post a single ball. I wouldn't be able to concentrate at all.
Ringo

I don't know what I would be doing posting balls..
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably the same thing DD was doing outside Ronnie's house.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
She has great chest bollocks too

it was an interesting premise for a thread though. it had great potential.

--------------------

Ringo

Sorry Jonesy [Frown]
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be daft man. [Smile]
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If snooker were a TMO member, his tag would appear as follows:

Snooker
Not as good
as darts

dance margarita
TMO Member
oh come on. chas and dave never wrote a song about darts did they.

[ 26.04.2007, 08:38: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------

Ringo

Darts is excellent. It's another sport I can just watch endlessly. I find even motorsport has its lulls where your attention might wander, but darts keeps me riveted. There's something fascinating about it. The men who play it with their gold rings and tinted glasses, their boozey cheering wives with make up splattered on like plaster. The tournaments take place in what is essentially a giant pub. It's brilliant because it all seems so horrendously seedy and yet unapologetically self indulgent.
dance margarita
TMO Member
arrers! arrers! we're cheeky cockney sparrers! come on jockey, get orf the oche...

i cant think of anything that rhymes with 'oche'

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
also, i think the fact that i know how to spell oche is pretty sexy.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
also, i think the fact that i know how to spell oche is pretty sexy.

Damn right.

To further my darts > snooker theory, consider the following:

-

-

Zygote
TMO's Member
Darts is great because it brought us Sid Waddell. Genius.
Zygote
TMO's Member
Some of Waddell's more memorable mutterings:

“Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.”

“Look at the man go, it's like trying to stop a waterbuffalo with a pea-shooter!”

“The atmosphere is so tense, if Elvis walked in with a portion of chips, you could hear the vinegar sizzle on them.”

“Well as giraffes say, you don't get no leaves unless you stick your neck out.”

“As they say at the DHSS, we're getting the full benefit here.”

“Darts players are probably a lot fitter than most footballers in overall body strength.”

MiscellaneousFiles

-

[ 26.04.2007, 08:58: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
this really is a sexy thread.
Zygote
TMO's Member
Lol. Andy Fordham's 'About Me' description from that Myspace page exudes class and sophistication:

I'm known as the viking and before a match i like to relax with 25 bottles of Holsten Pils & Six Steak n' Kidney pies although it's annoying when i get some down my shirt or a bit stuck in me beard and the cameras pick up on it. When I broke my wrist last year i thought it was the end but i came back strong with the help of my physiotherapist. He asked me to lift a beer bottle to my lips (the therapy worked beautifully).

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've noticed a pattern in 'sports' that I detest. Stuff like cricket, golf, darts, snooker etc is so quiet. There's something not quite right about an activity that involves such long periods of silence, especially when televised. Surely sports should offer the opportunity for the spectators to scream abuse/encouragement, as in real sports such as football or racing. Staring intently for 10 minutes and then politely clapping- jesus.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
All sport really is quite pointless though isn't it. It's shit isn't it. Come on. It's shit. Sport.
Ringo

VP has passion, I've noticed. Maybe that should be 'scathing' in fact. She doesn't just dislike stuff. i mean, I don't much like horse racing, so I just don't bother watching it or giving it much though, but she literally detests anything she doesn't find immediately engaging or amusing. Like its very existance is an insult to her, an affrnt to all she holds dear. A plague on society that should be discouraged at best, but never tolerated, and certainly the idea of anyone gaining any small amount of enjoyment from it is beyond comprehension.

Yes, with VP there's no sense of vanilla disinterest. I don't know if that's 'attractive' or 'sexy' though. Probably not.

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
All sport really is quite pointless though isn't it. It's shit isn't it. Come on. It's shit. Sport.

This is a guess here, a wild stab in the dark, but I just get this impression. You can correct me if it's wrong. But I just get the idea that maybe, when you were in school and PE involved some kind of team sports, you probably weren't one of the first to be picked, were you?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
probably not. I never really cared about it, and had no desire to increase my skills. I couldn't get into the competitive spirit.

[ 26.04.2007, 09:26: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
I'm an extremely competitive person. I have to win at everything I do, be it playing squash with my brother, playing pool in the pub with friends, playing five-a-side football - whatever. I cannot stand losing. I cannot abide it.

I probably do this to make up for shortcomings in other aspects of my life, of which there are a fair few. In a nutshell: I am a dick.

Ringo

Yeah I'm pretty much the same. Losing, for me, is just not an option. The problem is this means that I tend not to try new things because i know there has to be an interrim period before I get really good at it, during which I will suck and people will be better than me. This, really, is what has prevented me from ever going snowboarding, for instance. Or going to track days in my car. Or having sex.
Zygote
TMO's Member
I remember playing one of my exes at snooker once. She said to me explicitly before we started: "Now don't just let me win because I'm female. Just play your normal game, otherwise I'll go mad." So, she broke off and caught the blue full in the face, leaving three or four easy reds near the black. I potted these reds with blacks, then smashed into the pack developing several other reds. A nice 56 break. In the meantime, she simply sat there in her chair, nearly in tears. I was like, "What? Didn't you see that break?" We split up shortly after.
Zygote
TMO's Member
Because she cheated on me.
Ringo

There’s something really satisfying about beating someone in massive style. Not just winning. Any fool can win, but to absolutely and completely thrash someone. Especially someone who thinks they’re quite good.

I get this a lot with computer games. Beating people at computer games is brilliantly satisfying. Isn’t it Benway. Oh, wait…

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
no... not me. Which is why I suck at everything, because there's no real incentive. I don't care if I come last, and I don't see the benefit of coming first. I know that you could potentially get money if you get really really good at something, but I've never really considered that to be in scope. Obviously though, being constantly last at something will eventually cause me to give up.

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+