Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Dead » Bad Taste Ben (Page 7)

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Bad Taste Ben
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:

HUR?

MPI?

NBA?

HURMPINBA..?

Is it an anagram?

--------------------
sweet

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:

Fuck off.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
HURMPINBA..?

Is it an anagram?

Oh shit. Rumbled. Three words, uttered by a lil' redneck boy when he saw his ol' daddy with a lil' blacke boy in one hand and a can of petrol in the other.

[ 08 September 2003: Message edited by: Samuelnorton ]

--------------------

Gail
Gives baby boys intravenous nicotine
 - posted      Profile for Gail           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rick J:
Fuck off.

Oooh, when did you get so eloquent?

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
Oooh, when did you get so eloquent?

It's just that you've offered nothing at all to this thread. I'd actually like to hear what you have to say, as despite our differences I think some of your offerings have stimulated some good discussions on here in the past.

However, if you've really got nothing to offer than witless administrative recommendations, then I'd repeat my previous "eloquent" suggestion.

--------------------

Gail
I'd kind of resolved not to engage with you again Rick, as I find it singularly frustrating. Plus, if I have an argument with Ben, I will have that argument with him, not join in your attempt at a witch hunt. As it is, this thread descended into pointlessness some time ago.
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As it is, this thread descended into pointlessness some time ago.

You mean from the initial post.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I was trying my best on some of the posts I contributed. It's a bit harsh to write off the entire thread, in my opinion.

--------------------
member #28

Vogon Poetess

quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
Thanks, I was trying my best on some of the posts I contributed. It's a bit harsh to write off the entire thread, in my opinion.

I detect a touch of the old kovacian pride overruling the 2003 NewVacs humble and modest version, since MNIJ's unfounded "verbiage" comment the other day...

Your defence of Ben was accurate and well put; I just don't see the point of this thread at all.

Although it has confirmed a lot of things, I suppose.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

kovacs

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:

I detect a touch of the old kovacian pride overruling the 2003 NewVacs humble and modest version, since MNIJ's unfounded "verbiage" comment the other day...

Like most people, I don't write within the bounds of a persona I've drawn up for a specific year. I think anyone, including you, would be a bit defensive and annoyed if they'd written a few lengthy posts and put some thought into their contributions, then had them all written off.

I won't take this any further because of course the thread isn't all about me. I hope Kovacs being "proud" isn't so last year, though.

--------------------
member #28

Vogon Poetess

quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
I think anyone, including you, would be a bit defensive and annoyed if they'd written a few lengthy posts and put some thought into their contributions, then had them all written off.

Actually kovacs, I will ammend my previous perceived harshness by flattering your professional pride and asking you if you could please clarify how to reference films in a bibliography, as it's ages since I've had to.

Would it be:

Gattaca, 1997, Nicols, A. (USA)

I can't remember what order the info should go in.

Thank you.

--------------------

Gail
Kovacs, my first thought on reading Veep's comment was that she was referring to Rick's starting the thread in the first place. It's not like she singled you out.
Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post 
VP:
It depends on what referencing style you are using! When I reference films (apparently I use a version of the Harvard house style) I would do it like this:

Directors Name (dir.) (Year) Title, distributor.

hope this helps!

kovacs

Yeah, Veep, Modge does my bibliographies (is doing one now) so she's the authority on this.

There are, as she says, various styles of referencing so they probably all have slightly different rules for films.

--------------------
member #28

Vogon Poetess

Thank you, that makes sense as it fits the pattern of journal referencing.

Now this thread has been of value!

--------------------

kovacs

If I had a sister I would quite like her to be like VP.

--------------------
member #28

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
Vogon, what is your problem? If you were not in favour of this thread, why bother posting to it? Would it not have been better to just ignore it completely?

Same applies to Gail.

--------------------

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
You've got a point there mate. What kind of retard would post to a thread just to complain about it's content? I'm not suprised you can't understand the mentality that would do such a thing.

quote:
This thread: why?

Vogon Poetess

quote:
Vogon, what is your problem? If you were not in favour of this thread, why bother posting to it? Would it not have been better to just ignore it completely?

I have a problem with threads seemingly started to dissect and criticise specific posters. It's aggressive, slightly childish and unnecessary.

I genuinely didn't understand the purpose of the thread. Did you think you would win a popularity contest with ben? Did you expect everyone to post accounts of their entire posting history with ben, complete with textual analysis of every comment he's ever made towards them? What kind of precedent were you trying to set? What has this thread achieved?

--------------------

Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post 
It achieved 10 pages... maybe we should start a Part2 or something. Or else the boards might break

(I have nothing else to say which is why I haven't started a new fred, but y'know, Darryn might get cross... )

[ 08 September 2003: Message edited by: Modge ]

Gail
quote:
Originally posted by Rick J:
If you were not in favour of this thread, why bother posting to it?

Like me, Rick, you're not in favour of all sorts of things. When are you going to stop posting about them?

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
I'd kind of resolved not to engage with you again Rick, as I find it singularly frustrating. Plus, if I have an argument with Ben, I will have that argument with him, not join in your attempt at a witch hunt. As it is, this thread descended into pointlessness some time ago.

Frustrating, eh? You mean like ignoring my production of evidence after you asked for such on the "Liberia" thread? Come on, you can do better than that. You could have been gracious; instead you offer the rubbish argument that you are "frustrated". As for this thread descending into "pointlessness", a simple reading of what has been written will prove the opposite has been the case. Maybe this is the reason for your rather pathetic "close this thread" suggestion?

The reason some people on here find me "frustrating" to deal with is fairly simple: first, they don't know me, and therefore cannot differentiate between what is my personal opinion and what is the rather hammed-up "Nazi" persona I used since the very beginning of time on this board and SeeThru (RIP) before it.

Second, a good many who have expressed "frustration" - yourself, Ben among others - share this uncanny ability of not being able to see, let alone acknowledge, any decent point I might happen to make, even if it is glaringly obvious to all and sundry. It's that nasty Snorton you see, and I cannot be seen to accept anything he says as being even slightly reasonable, for we must continue to promote the idea that he is a lying, nasty, arrogrant, pompous Nazi fuck. This is why what would otherwise be a half-decent debate is quickly transformed into an exercise in mud-slinging, name-calling and general boorishness.

I find it frustrating when I counter Ben with an hour or so of my time, only for him to ignore everything I say save the lines he can twist into something else and add something like "fuck off, you spastic" at the end. But what's even more annoying is that fact that as most people probably skim-read and don't actually read into our turgid exchanges anyway, any points I might have made are lost in the mud, and the feeling that Ben has somehow emerged "victorious" develops.

Compare this to the approach taken by Kovacs for example, who remains considered and reasonable in his opinions, and willing to accept a point he might not necessarily agree with personally. I find it odd how I have never got into a single mud-slinging session with Kovacs, while Ben and I can create a ten-page thread based on our differences of opinion on the width of a regulation slice of thick-sliced bread.

It's just insane.

--------------------

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
lol @ "wounded stag".
Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I find it odd how I have never got into a single mud-slinging session with Kovacs, while Ben and I can create a ten-page thread based on our differences of opinion on the width of a regulation slice of thick-sliced bread.

It's because you utterly fucking hate each other's guts. Hope that helps.

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:
It's because you utterly fucking hate each other's guts. Hope that helps.

This is probably true. Anyway, I think this thread has probably run its course. It would only be right for Ben to have the last word. Keeping in fashion, and all that.

--------------------

moggycookie
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for moggycookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
they cannot differentiate between what is my personal opinion and what is the rather hammed-up "Nazi" persona

Acknowledge any decent point I might happen to make

It's that nasty Snorton you see, and I cannot be seen to accept anything he says as being even slightly reasonable, for we must continue to promote the idea that he is a lying, nasty, arrogrant, pompous Nazi fuck.

I think this all boils down to people knowing you. Like when you've known some one for so long that you begin to lose track of their good points and only see their bad habits etc.

I'm fairly new on this board and have had a few interesting debates involving Snort's comments. I found them both interesting and with good points. However I have also read threads with Snort getting into an 'arguement' (not with me personally mind you) and some of the things you say to others can be very insulting, to the point that its hard to take them with a pinch of salt. Tact is not your strong point.

I don't think starting a thread like this helped anyone to work out the difference between Snort and Nazi. And in that point I am saying I don't think you are doing yourself any favours. It has come across in totally the wrong way to a few people as you have seen.

I'm really not meaning to be nasty or take sides, but I will say that of everyone on here your posts are the only ones using insults etc that seem to have some hidden meaning behind them (again not in my personal experience). Sure everyone gets riled in an arguement, everyone can lash out etc, but sometimes you're just a bit, well, 'nasty'. Even if it is without meaning to be.

As for Ben, in my opinion, his personality doesn't come through so strongly so I can't really comment. He seems nice, and genuine but I haven't built up as much of an opinion of him as I have for Snort.

Does that make sense? No offense meant to anyone (esp Snort as I have enjoyed many threads you've started and a few conversations that we've had before), I also understand that I am new and have never met any of you, so I may not have so much of a right to post here as others. I just wanted to say my thoughts.

moggycookie
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for moggycookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Although I will add that I did find Ben's story the other day a little OTT to say the least.
sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
quote:
Originally posted by moggycookie:
I think this all boils down to people knowing you. Like when you've known some one for so long that you begin to lose track of their good points and only see their bad habits etc.

Yep. I pretty much said the same thing.

quote:
I'm fairly new on this board and have had a few interesting debates involving Snort's comments. I found them both interesting and with good points. However I have also read threads with Snort getting into an 'arguement' (not with me personally mind you) and some of the things you say to others can be very insulting, to the point that its hard to take them with a pinch of salt. Tact is not your strong point.

I cant really argue with the view that tact is not my strong point. However, at times I indulge in a deliberate tactlessness, Gail being the most recent recipient.

quote:
I don't think starting a thread like this helped anyone to work out the difference between Snort and Nazi. And in that point I am saying I don't think you are doing yourself any favours. It has come across in totally the wrong way to a few people as you have seen.

If you are talking about Gail, VP (and the mysterious newbie "Lauren"), I wasn't really hoping for anything other than what they provided. What I'd like to ask is what did you think?

quote:
I'm really not meaning to be nasty or take sides, but I will say that of everyone on here your posts are the only ones using insults etc that seem to have some hidden meaning behind them (again not in my personal experience). Sure everyone gets riled in an arguement, everyone can lash out etc, but sometimes you're just a bit, well, 'nasty'. Even if it is without meaning to be.

Again, the "nastiness" has been pretty much a controlled thing. I wouldn't read too much into my sustained outburst output last week - if you are doing this - as it was part of a exercise in open trolling tactics. The truth is that I don't really think that rodents would choose to live in Gail's nether regions, for one. There's nothing "hidden" here - many people know that Gail has (or had) a couple of pet rats that were given lots of time outside their cage.

quote:
As for Ben, in my opinion, his personality doesn't come through so strongly so I can't really comment. He seems nice, and genuine but I haven't built up as much of an opinion of him as I have for Snort.

lol.

--------------------

69 Comeback Elvis
Skank Ho
 - posted      Profile for 69 Comeback Elvis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wouldn't read too much into my sustained outburst output last week - if you are doing this - as it was part of a exercise in open trolling tactics.

Okay class, how has Rickaroo just exposed himself as a nasty?

ol *ooo sir, me sir, me!*

Hand down Gail. You answered the last time.

lo *sir, sir!*

Black Mask?

o *self-delusional racist with munchausen’s-by-proxy approach to racism in others?*

Haha. No.

lO

Ben? You big-headed lunk you.

*subjecting us all to ‘a’ exercise in open trolling is extremely patronising, indicating a level of thought whereby tmo – or at least several of its members – exist to react to him. it suggests an intellectual gap and superiority that his text contributions don’t support.*

Well done Ben.

O

Don’t be smug. Chances are he learned from you.

chocolatebuns
Would you be shocked if I put on something more comfortable ?
 - posted      Profile for chocolatebuns           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Like me, Rick, you're not in favour of all sorts of things. When are you going to stop posting about them?

I have to say that this is the only post I've read on the last 8 pages of this thread that actually makes any sense at all.

No one likes a hypocrite Rick.

Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
Eh? Black Mask's posts didn't make sense?

--------------------

My Name Is Joe
That's Mister Minge to you..
 - posted      Profile for My Name Is Joe           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by My Name Is Joe:

The US civil rights movement is more than simply 'cause and effect', as the it has had a greater influence in the UK than US racism ever has. Doesn't this mean we should consider this an equally important American trait as racism? Otherwise you are saying 'the invention of the lever was trivial, as those who invented it had to move a heavy object.'

No sense? This the purest piece of logic I've ever seen!

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 69 Comeback Elvis:
Chances are he learned from you.

I wish *I* was a social worker like Elvis.
I wish everyone was.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by My Name Is Joe:
No sense? This the purest piece of logic I've ever seen!

Oh, yes! That one's going in the book.

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+