Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Dead » The Gallery (Second Series) (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: The Gallery (Second Series)
Colenski
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith
 - posted      Profile for Colenski           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amy:

Here's a project for everyone: take photos of things you see in your daily life. Then on Friday, post those images. Whaddya think?

Sounds like a nice idea Amy, but I think I need to go digital for response times like that. Hopefully by the end of June I will be playing around in the digital world.

--------------------
The wise have no motives;
Fools put themselves in bondage.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amy:

Here's a project for everyone: take photos of things you see in your daily life. Then on Friday, post those images. Whaddya think?

They would have to be photos of things that nobody else has in their daily life, as I can't imagine Darryn pays the bandwidth bill for pages of desk and toilet roll pix.

Also, those of us without access to scanners are disadvantaged, nay, actively discriminated against. I have books of inventive, stunning and completely original photos (absolutely NOT pages of drunken Polish parties, blurred Rocky mountains, out of shot portraits and fucked angled landscapes) that the world just needs to see.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough. Shall we say two weeks then?
Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
They would have to be photos of things that nobody else has in their daily life, as I can't imagine Darryn pays the bandwidth bill for pages of desk and toilet roll pix.

Darren's not paying the bandwidth bills for these pics though cos none of them are hosted on TMO, Misc is more than likely picking up the tab for this stuff. Fair point about no boring pics though.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:
Darren's not paying the bandwidth bills for these pics though cos none of them are hosted on TMO, Misc is more than likely picking up the tab for this stuff. Fair point about no boring pics though.

Use my bandwidth and abuse it.

My web hosts charge me £40 a year including domain fees for what they claim to be unlimited space and bandwith...

Don't worry about space.

Vogon Poetess

What would be like really clever would be if daily life pix were somehow anonymously scanned onto the TMO Gallery, and we had to guess whose life it was. It would be like Catch Phrase or something.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
What would be like really clever would be if daily life pix were somehow anonymously scanned onto the TMO Gallery, and we had to guess whose life it was. It would be like Catch Phrase or something.

I think VP might be onto something here.

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
That's a great idea VP.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
mmm. This'll be fun for everybody without digital cameras.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
mmm. This'll be fun for everybody without digital cameras.

But you'd still be able to hazard guesses at who's stuff was who's, which is the main object of the game. Anyone with eyes could partake in it. Or, are you suggesting that people are now so totally self centred that they could only possible enjoy a thread/ game if it was directly related to them?

Anyhow, I thought you had a camera phone thing?

Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
Benwaydood! How were the scary fillums?

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Misc..

If you send me the URL's I'll bung 'em into the side bar of TMO Talk for ease of use and picture finding shenanigans..

That goes for uncovered too..

D

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Misc..

If you send me the URL's I'll bung 'em into the side bar of TMO Talk for ease of use and picture finding shenanigans..

That goes for uncovered too..

D

Thanks, Guvner.

TMOuncovered : www.anthonypaynter.com/tmo

TMO Image Upload : www.anthonypaynter.com/tmo/uploads

But it seems I can't host the gallery script...

[ 28 April 2003: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
You don't have to have a digital camera to join in. Two weeks should be plenty of time to have film developed. No?
Vogon Poetess

I can hold the developed pics against the scren and press "enter", but apparently you need something known as a "scanner".

--------------------

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
Or when you have your film developed VP, you could ask to have the photos put onto a disc. Takes away the need for a scanner.
Vogon Poetess

Has that technology made it to Superdrug and Boots? Sounds expensive, and I'd still want Real Life pictures at the same time to put in my photoboox.

How about I take thorn's digitle camera on a night out and take pix of all the available men, and you could judge who I should snog or not? It'd be like Blind Date or something.

--------------------

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
I don't know it it's made it to Boots...I do know that they do it at a store here called CVS (Which is similar to Boots) and it doesn't cost a lot more. Basically, when you have your photos developed, you can check a little box, asking to have them put onto a disc for you. Costs about $1 more here (I think. I've never actually done it, but I know loads of people who have.).
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
VP - indeed Boots do it. I have myself availed myself of the service. It was either free, or 50p, or something. And you get high-and low-res to choose from. Checkitout!
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Misc.. Talk to Waynster, he's got a decent PHP script for you..

PAH ! - I can't take pictures, but I can PHOO 'em

[ 28 April 2003: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
I've done the "process to disk" option at CVS a few times. They usually provide two options - the cheaper option which provides low-resolution scans on a 1.44MB floppy disk, or the better route, to get high-resolution scans on a CD. Quite a few of the pictures I posted on the original gallery thread were scanned from negative to CD (not by a pharmacy/chemist but by a specialized photo lab - only different in that the photo lab provided a higher resolution scan than the CVS processing).

And once again, I start out with the intention of contributing something of value and end up rambling incoherently.

Vogon Poetess

This is all good for the future. But it does mean you all miss out on seeing my past photographic efforts. Because looking at other people's holiday pics is soooooo much fun!

--------------------

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
Solution to VP's problem

Why don't you just buy a scanner?

The cost about £30*

And for everyone else that doesn't have a digital camera and is going blah blah blah blah bitch bitch bitch.....

BUY A DIGITAL CAMERA BEYATCH!

>> Yeah you can get them for about £30, you work, you could spend that on a tuesday down the pub

* goto >>

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
Alright IAN?
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because looking at other people's holiday pics is soooooo much fun!

This is that thing you call sarcasm, is it?

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Use my bandwidth and abuse it.

Thing is, if the photo is posted in here, it also uses Darryn's bandwidth.

As each page is created on the fly, even of the image is hotlinked, it still 'streams' through Darryn's webhost, counting against his bandwidth usage...

I don't know if I can do it or not (haven't played with it much), but if I can, I'll sort out a gallery for everymember that wants one and they can just post a link to view it. Your upload feature could still be used as individual images for those that don't have alot need for a full gallery, but for those that want to upload lots and post links to them, I can provide that until you get your sql sorted...

Just a thought.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Bamba

quote:
Originally posted by sabian:
As each page is created on the fly, even of the image is hotlinked, it still 'streams' through Darryn's webhost, counting against his bandwidth usage...

Really? That sucks. I just assumed that when your browser requested the image it would request it from the actual host such that only the text and images particular to TMO were counting against Darryn's bandwidth usage. That really bites but at least I now know more than I did before. I assume that the bandwidth usage for serving the pic counts against the actual host as well as counting against Darryn?

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
I assume that the bandwidth usage for serving the pic counts against the actual host as well as counting against Darryn?

Yup.

Bamba

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Yup.

Where in the hell did we get this internet thing anyway? Have we still got the receipt? Can't we take it back and exchange it for beer and crisps?

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh but what flavour crisps?
Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:

I don't mind so long as it's not salt & vinegar.....

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
See? We're running into conflict problems already. I find the bag-to-mouth transfer protocol to be most satisfying when an S+V app has been embedded into the product, but you seem to have issues with that. I can see this being a problem.

[ 28 April 2003: Message edited by: mart ]

Bamba

quote:
Originally posted by mart:

Ah, who cares. The crisps are just a 'nice to have' the important bit is the beer. In fact we can forego the crisps entirely and just get more beer if that'll cause less hassle.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Ah, who cares. The crisps are just a 'nice to have' the important bit is the beer. In fact we can forego the crisps entirely and just get more beer if that'll cause less hassle.

I for one vote for the crisps. I'm not bothered by choice of flavour, so long as Beef, Barbeque and Steak are off the cards. Can we really go wrong with the classic Ready Salted?

And how shall the beer be chosen? No lager for me thanks...

fish
Media Whore
 - posted      Profile for fish           Edit/Delete Post 
Whilst someone generously pretended to be interested, I looked back at my photo album over the weekend. This prompted me to have a quick sift through the many photos that never made the final cut. Here's 3 I like:

Beggars, Varanassi
(Of all the photos I took of the places I have visited, it's the ones of people I now like the best)

Unknown woman, City of the Dead

Taj Mahal, Agra
(I know this isn't the most conventional angle from which to photograph the Taj - but I loved the quality of the sunrise reflected in the white marble)

[ 29 April 2003: Message edited by: fish ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+