Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » The Obligatory (Page 6)

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: The Obligatory
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
Did anyone else notice the big St Georges flag hung near the corner post at one end that clearly had the word "minge" printed in one quarter- visible to however many millions were watching each time a corner kick was taken? Genius.

That was the best bit. I'm glad we lost on penalties - scraping through yet again would have been embarrassing. I'm just sorry the WAGs stories will be all over. I was rather enjoying tales of that twiglet in a wig "Posh" dissing all the others for 'not understanding the pressures of pop stardom like me and Cheryl Tweedy here'.
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The picture that we all craved...

-

"We played well and did our best but the referee didn't help us," said the Manchester United player.

"Everyone who saw the match could see that the referee wasn't fair. He should have shown yellow cards but he did not because Portugal is a small country. We just have to carry on working and then we will be a big country."

Yeah, you definitely lost because you're a 'small country'.

Alan Shearer was far more on target, commenting that referees should start giving out cards for diving. That would make cheating ***** like Ronaldo, Postiga et al think twice before attempting to con referees and hopefully encourage similar 'divers' to concentrate on playing the game of football, as opposed to acting like fucking ballerinas.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
referees should start giving out cards for diving

I admit I know little about football, but I agree with this statement. What little I watched of the US matches showed me that it's quite common for a player to be writhing on the ground in apparent pain one moment, and having to be carried off the field on a stretcher, only to be up and about a few minutes later. When an obvious dive takes place, the divee should be disqualified from play.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was absurd about last night's game was that the Portuguese became so obsessed with securing a penalty of their own they started to hit the deck every time they got into the area, despite the fact that if they'd taken a shot - especially against the wobbly looking Barthez - they probably would have scored.

Ronaldo took an absolutely scandalous dive during one of the corners - the replay just showed him launching himself forward as soon as the shot was taken. If he'd actually tried to play the ball, who knows what he might have achieved? With that kind of attitude Portugal got exactly the result they deserved. They were concetrating so hard on securing free kicks and penalties they actually forgot to take advantage of the genuine opportunities available in fair play.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a shame, as while Portugal never quite looked as strong at the business end of things, their team's not short of talent and they don't need to cheat.

Excellent booing contribution from the crowd whenever Ronaldo touched the ball. He actually looked the sharpest player on the pitch for most of the game, but it's his own fault if he's going to be remembered as a greasy little diver rather than as a genuinely talented player.

Don't fancy Barthez much against the Itize.

What am I supposed to do when the football's all over?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
What am I supposed to do when the football's all over?

-
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Props to this photo of the Portugese training ground:

-

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
props indeed
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anyone still had interest in the World Cup since Englands demise - I'm sitting here watching the runners up match and will of course be watching the Final tomorrow, but I just wondered how much apathy was being experienced in the motherland - have all the flags come down, or have the faithful adopted a new team for winners?

Personally, and as it will win favour with a possible job opputunity I would like to see France win tomorrow - And tonight is lovely so far with Germany two up (Portuguese cheating bastards deserve it all!) - plus as I said on an earlier post, The Germans deserve something for the fantastic hosts they have been.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watching the celebratiosn of the crowd after Germany scored their third, and I saw a lovely banner saying quite simply "Thank you for being our guests"

Well for what it is worth, thank you for being the best hosts of a world cup I can recall.

The true spirit of the game lives on, and for that, even with Englands untimely exit, I am very happy [Smile]

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent four days in Munich. Due to work, I had to give away my ticket for the England T&T game and fly out late, but I managed to make it to Brazil/Australia and also got to watch plenty of games at the fanfest. The Germans were fantastic, the vibe was great. It was a proper harmonious, multicultural experience - a bit like the We are the World video. At one point, a bunch of Scottish fans were giving some stick to some English teenagers, singing "ASBO, ASBO" to the Big Ben chimes theme. A German joined in. The great thing was, the German was wearing an Italian shirt (little did he know) - Germans were supporting all kinds of teams out there; there were even Germans wearing England shirts. Anyway, depiste almost certainly not knowing what an ASBO is, there he was: a German, wearing an Italian shirt, singing anti-English songs with a bunch of Scotsman, while Mexico played Angola on the big screen in front of 40,000 fans from all over the world. The Germans have been great hosts. And, yes, I'm still watching. I think the loser game was excellent. Martin O'Neil should keep his horrible little mouth closed. I'll be watching tomorrow. I think I had a point but it;s pickled now. Sorry Waynster.

[ 08.07.2006, 17:33: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Waynster

Pickled = good - I am the same. Should not drink at use TMO as an outsource for my fluufy feelings.

I have however in a fit of drunken pride emailed the Deutsche Fussbal Bund and thanked them for being nice hosts, even though I never steppede oot in Germany while the world cup was on.

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and Darryn seemede to be the only Dutchies who weren't there .` The oranges were everywhere.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching Portugal play Germany for fifteen minutes before someone told me it wasn't the final. Which was a shame really, because I wanted Germany to win. Win the whole World Cup thing, obviously, not just win the third place or whatever it was they were playing for.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Stupid Louche.

Girls,eh?

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
You're missing the Amir Khan fight, you butch bitch.
Louche
Butch bitch? *sob*
Louche
Amir Khan once knocked one of my mates out, you know. In a boxing match, not, like, just randomly.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Also there's great `Volvo advert on.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Also also, to bring the thread back on topic, WAYNE rooneuys brother once beat Amir Khan as an ametuer
Louche
Is the Volvo advert as good as the seminal Pug one from about seven years ago with the M People soundtrack? I loved that advert.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I'm going to fire my secretary for that post.
Louche
Khan just won in like two rounds. That boy is good.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
The fight is over. The Volvo advert is the one where they've buried Johnny Depp in a box somewhere. If you can find him, you can fuck him. By you, I mean 'one'.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
You could take him Loosh.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Louche, louche. Say something dirty, for me. No one;s wathcing.
Louche
Jonesy, darling, I fucking love you, I've always loved you.
Louche
But you always loved Sidney more than me. [Frown]
Louche
Don't even think about quoting, by the way, this is so going to be a line of x's by the morning.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Everyone loves Sidney. You've got a filthy twinkle though.
Louche
Sidney's absolutely gorgeous isn't she? I love Sidney. She was the first ever person I met from TMO, in a pub in Brum. She had an ace red coat and hair I wanted to stroke.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a rude thing to say. about louche's twinkle, i mean.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Waynster

Who ever knew a football thread could get so horny?

--------------------

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
She's the best. I don't want to big her up too much because, well, you know, whenever I'm nice about someone I have to be horrible about them really quickly to balance things out. It's hard to be horrible about Sidney though. Apparently she once ran over her neighbour's dog in a Nissan Sunny and, as a result, she is known as "the bitch from the black country" or something like that.

True story.

I'm getting married in September, Louche. Have you got any advice for a first timer?

[ 08.07.2006, 19:49: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+