Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » pettibone - new member (Page 9)

This topic is comprised of pages: 15 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 

Author Topic: pettibone - new member
Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a shame, and I mean ally/Antigone leaving TMT. Perhaps I should post that over there but Kovacs' link was the first time I'd seen any of this and it seems ally is still here in some form so it seems both more fitting and more constructive to say it here. Taking Kovacs' link as an example, Opprobrium is already crowing over your leaving and, well, she's a complete prick as anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together must realise and personally I'd take that alone as enough reason to stay anywhere. 'Antigone' is harsh certainly but fairly so I'd say personally, constructively berating things like Lily's obvious mental issues when everyone else is seemingly prepared to excuse them simply because of who she is (an allowance that helps no-one and certainly not Lily herself). Maybe it's just me but I think that kind of person, someone in the role Antigone has always played, is more required there now than ever before. And all of that comes from someone who was at serious odds with bulletproofalice over, amusingly, TMO's role on Handbag in the past so I should like it to be taken as proper respect and not any kind of arse-kissing.

All of which could be said better and probably more subtly if I wasn't so drunk and it wasn't six in the morning but I do hope I'm making some kind of sense here. Anyway, I realise this post is much more about Handbag and The Mock Turtle than it is about TMO so if Darryn wants to delete it or anyone else wants to take me to task on that basis then I'll take any and all of that on the chin.

[ 09.10.2005, 01:11: Message edited by: Bamba ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

That's a shame, and I mean ally/Antigone leaving TMT. Perhaps I should post that over there but Kovacs' link was the first time I'd seen any of this and it seems ally is still here in some form so it seems both more fitting and more constructive to say it here. Taking Kovacs' link as an example, Opprobrium is already crowing over your leaving and, well, she's a complete prick as anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together must realise and personally I'd take that alone as enough reason to stay anywhere. 'Antigone' is harsh certainly but fairly so I'd say personally, constructively berating things like Lily's obvious mental issues when everyone else is seemingly prepared to excuse them simply because of who she is (an allowance that helps no-one and certainly not Lily herself). Maybe it's just me but I think that kind of person, someone in the role Antigone has always played, is more required there now than ever before. And all of that comes from someone who was at serious odds with bulletproofalice over, amusingly, TMO's role on Handbag in the past so I should like it to be taken as proper respect and not any kind of arse-kissing.

All of which could be said better and probably more subtly if I wasn't so drunk and it wasn't six in the morning but I do hope I'm making some kind of sense here. Anyway, I realise this post is much more about Handbag and The Mock Turtle than it is about TMO so if Darryn wants to delete it or anyone else wants to take me to task on that basis then I'll take any and all of that on the chin.

Lol. Excellent!

[ 09.10.2005, 05:26: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:

To debate with him at this stage in his psychosis would be like trying to argue with David Icke

nail

head

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

ally
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for ally           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:

Blimey. Thanks bamba. I'm really touched by that. Even if you are drunk, it is said that alcohol makes men honest, so I'm taking it as a compliment.
[Smile]

Bamba

I've just woken up and had that familiar sinking feeling of "Oh fuck, I've posted something somewhere on the interweb, I wonder what kind of a twat I've made of myself this fucking time?" So, to find out that I'd actually been nice about someone comes as a massive relief really and yeah, I stand by that stuff just for the record.
Bamba

Although I do wonder why jonesy's loling at me. It's not that bad is it?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Erm... I'm really sorry, Bamba; I genuinely thought it was a parody about personal spats from other boards unnecessarily spilling over onto TMO. I read it in a hurry and that included the name of the poster. If I'm totally honest, up until now I thought it was written by Ringo in a particularly clever pisstake mode.

ETA: I appreciate that your username doesn't share a single letter with the name Ringo, but, what can I say, it was early, I was scanning posts in a hurry...

Still, any LOL is a good LOL, right?

[ 09.10.2005, 12:46: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Bamba

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Erm... I'm really sorry, Bamba; I genuinely thought it was a parody about personal spats from other boards unnecessarily spilling over onto TMO. I read it in a hurry and that included the name of the poster. If I'm totally honest, up until now I thought it was written by Ringo in a particularly clever pisstake mode.

ETA: I appreciate that your username doesn't share a single letter with the name Ringo, but, what can I say, it was early, I was scanning posts in a hurry...

Still, any LOL is a good LOL, right?

Nah, I'm afraid I was being straight up, I get embarassingly earnest when drunk at times, but I can totally see how it might've read like a piss-take. It's cool though, I wasn't, and still aren't, bothered by your lollage, just confused so cheers for clarifying.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
You should post more Bamba.
Gods Plumber
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Gods Plumber           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. Dude.

--------------------
If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.
-- Albert Einstein

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:

Incidentally, what do you make of Kovacs having online chatroom conversations with girls half his age? Really, I am genuinely interested.

Well, as Modge is clearly not a stupid woman, I would imagine that perhaps, perhaps she views kovacs' online antics as harmless amusing games that have absolutely no impact on the reality of their relationship. Perhpas, perhaps, the nature of the message board medium allows someone who is clever and has too much time on their hands to archly play around with personalities and ideas that are distinct from their everyday life.

Or what's much more likely is that everything that has ever been posted on the Internet is true, and kovacs really is a paedophile, and Modge married him because she's just, you know, stupid.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
A girl half my age would be seventeen and a half. I have no interest in talking to girls of that age in my leisure time: I see enough eighteen year-olds at work. No offence to them but we don't really have enough in common to furnish decent conversation. I do sometimes talk to women aged, say, between twenty and thirty on MSN -- and VP is right in her summation of that. Have a care not to insult my wife, Rick.

--------------------
member #28

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere that the ideal age for a woman to be in comparison to a man is half his age plus seven years.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
To make sure they've reached the same level of maturity?
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
I think so, That makes a 14 year old boy with a 14 year old girl so it seems logical.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
To make sure they've reached the same level of maturity?

LOL!!!11!!! Because she'd be loads younger! lol! Way to flip that back on him London!

Anyway - Hugh Hefner made that (stupid) comment and I'm sure he only added the 'seven years' thing to steer around the peadophile angle.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
if it's any help, I bedded a teenager last year, and I felt pretty bad about it the next day. She was legal and everything, but I did feel like a pervy old bastard.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
Brass-eye: "This seven year old is now twenty one. Should she be allowed to have sex with a man?"

Focus group: "No way!"

Or something like that.

[ 10.10.2005, 06:02: Message edited by: Roy ]

Gods Plumber
TMO Member
So Bambi...got anything else to say? Oh I forgot, you haven't got the balls have you.

Not even Louche gonna jump to your defence. She's going off you big boy...halitosis kills romance don't you find. Or maybe go scuttling back to The Cuban Lounge to watch the clock tick.

Prick.

--------------------
-- Albert Einstein

Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

Who are you?

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
A girl half my age would be seventeen and a half. I have no interest in talking to girls of that age in my leisure time: I see enough eighteen year-olds at work. No offence to them but we don't really have enough in common to furnish decent conversation. I do sometimes talk to women aged, say, between twenty and thirty on MSN -- and VP is right in her summation of that. Have a care not to insult my wife, Rick.

I wasn't being insulting. It was a genuine question, in that I asked her what she thought about your talking with teenies in chatrooms - you know, the chats that produced the conversations you later posted online for (your own?) amusement.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
This thread should be renamed 'Wash your dirty clothes here'
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gods Plumber:
So Bambi...got anything else to say? Oh I forgot, you haven't got the balls have you.

Not even Louche gonna jump to your defence. She's going off you big boy...halitosis kills romance don't you find.

This is actually the worst attempt at having a 'pop' at another poster I've ever seen - and I frequent the imdb boards on a daily basis, for fuck's sake.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
That second sentence should end in a question mark, surely.

And the first.

Perhaps the ?/ button doesn't work.

[ 10.10.2005, 09:45: Message edited by: Roy ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Watch it Roy, he'll do you next.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
i've warned you all before - Gods Plumber has a 'rebellious' attitude towards punctuation.

And to board etiquette, it would seem. *purses lips*

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Halitosis doesn't kill romance, people do.

[ 10.10.2005, 09:50: Message edited by: Roy ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
Halitosis doesn't kill romance, people do.

You're single and alone, aren't you Roy?
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
No and no.

Are you trying to gay me up again?

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
Are you trying to gay me up again?

Have I tried to gay you up before? Did I have any luck?
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Man, if it meant that little to you that you can't even remember...
Gods Plumber
TMO Member
Come on then Bambi you little shit.

You've gone very quiet all of a sudden...just sitting there wanking over a picture of the one you love, eh?

Don't worry, there's a chance she might divorce. I think you'd make a stunning couple.

--------------------
-- Albert Einstein

Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post 
sorry to interrupt the flirting, but I wanted to make sure that rick has all his Very Important and Meaningful questions answered:

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:

Incidentally, what do you make of Kovacs having online chatroom conversations with girls half his age? Really, I am genuinely interested.

Well, as Modge is clearly not a stupid woman, I would imagine that perhaps, perhaps she views kovacs' online antics as harmless amusing games that have absolutely no impact on the reality of their relationship. Perhpas, perhaps, the nature of the message board medium allows someone who is clever and has too much time on their hands to archly play around with personalities and ideas that are distinct from their everyday life.

Or what's much more likely is that everything that has ever been posted on the Internet is true, and kovacs really is a paedophile, and Modge married him because she's just, you know, stupid.

Calling kovacs a paedo/pervert is insulting to me because it presumes that at best I am stupid enough to put up with it and at worst I am in some way party to it. And I think kovacs has covered the question about "teenies" himself.

[ 10.10.2005, 10:16: Message edited by: Modge ]

Gods Plumber
TMO Member
Wanna be outed Herb? [Big Grin]

--------------------
-- Albert Einstein

This topic is comprised of pages: 15 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+