email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » NecroNet

Author Topic: NecroNet
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, has anyone used this yet. Threenines bought the Necronet skills but he's asleep and nowhere near a necrotech building. Anyone checked out this new mighty power yet?
badgerhead
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for badgerhead           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
So, has anyone used this yet. Threenines bought the Necronet skills but he's asleep and nowhere near a necrotech building. Anyone checked out this new mighty power yet?

No - but looking on a forum the building needs a generator running (something I threw away in favour of gunzz).

Seems you get a map showing local zeds that haven't been extracted and it costs 20AP to manufacture a syringe.

We should try in the building next to Sanson and the library - if someone's got a Genny.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've thrown away loads of generators. I'll send treenines to look for one today.

Although, 20APs to make one syringe? Is that any better than just searching?

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Right, there's a generator hooked up in Harnap. I have no fuel as yet but I'm working on it.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
What a fuckstick, eh? I've just fueled up the generator and got it running. As I clicked FUEL CAN, I realised, Sanson isn't a necrotech building. Gr8.

[ 19.01.2006, 08:41: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

badgerhead
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for badgerhead           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Class.

It was treenines was it? Nuff said.

I think by the time you factor in all the other crap the random number generator throws up - and the AP you waste - when all you want is a syringe 20 AP might be a better deal for a guaranteed result, marginally.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Well, after all that aggro, there's already a generator up and running in the bloody Maine building. So, if you've got the necronet skills, Badger, pop next door and show us what it can do.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That's a pretty shit skill.

--------------------
sweet

badgerhead
TMO Member
quote:
Well, after all that aggro, there's already a generator up and running in the bloody Maine building. So, if you've got the necronet skills, Badger, pop next door and show us what it can do.

What can I say? I went, spent 20AP in a nanosecond and now have a shiny new MKII syringe.

The necronet net thing to show you a Map of already scanned zeds seems spectacularly pointless at first glance.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
So apart from being able to make syringes for about the same amount of points it takes to find one, what does this machine do? Tell you how many zombies there in a suburb?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Smart. The zeds don't stand a chance now, do they?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tell you how many zombies there in a suburb?

Only the ones that have been scanned.

--------------------
sweet

badgerhead
TMO Member
Well I suppose we could throw the empty generators at them out the window.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The necronet syringes can also revivify zombise with brain rot which the syringes you find - rather than manufacture - can't.
badgerhead
TMO Member
Forgot that - that just seems guaranteed to piss career zeds off.

I predict a striike!

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
The necronet syringes can also revivify zombise with brain rot which the syringes you find - rather than manufacture - can't.

Aaaaah! Well, that is useful, I suppose. If you're into combat-revives.

--------------------
sweet

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:

That could come in pretty handy for barricade breaches. Stick them and then dump the bodies before they rise up.

--------------------
supa scrub

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I guess they need to spend 10 standing up - and you can do them in a single strike when things get tough. Under the right circumstances, that could be useful...I think.

Could it?

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Hugoku in Gidding's Mall
said "Whoa... that NecroNet thing OWNS! =D

Some people seem to think it's good.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
It obviously isn't that good. 30 seconds later he added:
quote:
Hugoku said "Crap, infected. Anyone?" (01-19 14:33 GMT)

And for me...
quote:

The zombie's bite was infected! (You'll now take 1HP damage for every action you take, except speaking. Infection can be cured with a First Aid Kit.) (01-19 14:34 GMT)
A zombie attacked you for 4 damage. (01-19 14:34 GMT)
You lost 1HP to your infection.

You fire at the zombie for 10 damage. Their flak jacket absorbs 2 points of that damage. They drop to 42 HP.

You have run out of Action Points.

badgerhead
TMO Member
quote:
I guess they need to spend 10 standing up - and you can do them in a single strike when things get tough. Under the right circumstances, that could be useful...I think.

Could it?

Dunno - I haven't done the numbers but many people on the siege seem to think it's AP inefficient.

A zed with ankle grab that isn't headshot only needs 1 AP to stand up. Headshot makes it 6 I think.

[ 19.01.2006, 09:40: Message edited by: badgerhead ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Yes but if you stick them and make them human again, they need 10 to stand up, right?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Plus they might get eaten.
squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Plus they might get eaten.

Or use the opportunity to bring the barricades down from the inside.

--------------------
supa scrub

badgerhead
TMO Member
quote:
Yes but if you stick them and make them human again, they need 10 to stand up, right?

I don't know if the ankle grab thing carries over for a human stand up - prob not I suppose.
LowLevel
He's just a sweet transvestite !
 - posted      Profile for LowLevel           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugger the Necro-Terminals... I'll be glad when they program in a use for this frigging Crucifix I've been lugging around since day one...

In one fell swoop LowLevel encapsulates the whole Christian Ideology

--------------------
If sir requires spall, may I suggest the .90 calibre depleted uranium ?

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this new skill but I don't have any points left to use it...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

badgerhead
TMO Member
From the forum

The real threat is that now any zombie that has been scanned is now trackable from powered NT buildings, making them not only valuable for revival but also intelligence gathering on zombie movements around Malton. This can pose a new set of challenges to groups as they plan and approach targets. Of course this implies that the Breathers will actually use these new tools efficiently, which as of late they have yet to do...

No, the real threat is this:

Quote from: grim s on Today at 08:06:37 AM

Now that this has happened, people are just going to make their revive point in debarricaded NT buildings, power them up when the group is ready for a mass revive, and there is no way we zombies can possibly stop you from reviving your dead, thus destroying a vital zombie strategy, the one that prevents the humans killed one day from appearing in the same building the next day as if nothing had happened.

On the basis that anything that pisses this famous Zombie whinge-bag/striker off must therefore be good for humankind - perhaps this new development is better than it first seemed.

[ 19.01.2006, 13:49: Message edited by: badgerhead ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+