TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » Giddings (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Giddings
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

5 minutes ago.

Only a single Scavenger could clear the place now.

[ 19.01.2006, 12:13: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean the zombies are winning? They seem a lot more organised and motivated that the survivors, and having a lot more fun.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The zombies have always been winning.

[ 19.01.2006, 12:13: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I thought the zombies went on strike because the survivors were so much more...well, just more than them?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Well, yes, yes they did. They didn't really need to, though, because it's a fucking rigged game - or at least it seems so to me.

When they get killed, they can be back up at the expense of a single AP, smashing barricades and eating people again. When we get killed it's 10 to stand then you've got to find someone to revive you (and the person who revives you has to spend at least 20AP getting the tools to bring you back to life) and once they've done that you have to spend another 10 AP standing up again, by which time the horde of zombies has broken down the barricades and killed everyone you were helping to protect.

Plus they're more organised.

[ 19.01.2006, 12:22: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite what you're saying, Giddings is holding just fine. Sure, you can't take down the attackers but you can easily stop them from getting in, and that's all that matters. It's a battle of attrition more than anything, and will be decided when either the survivors or the zombies get bored and give up. Neither is likely to happen any time soon. What's pointless is when people go outside and attack the zombies outside the mall. It just wastes AP and lives.

The tactic simply is to stay in the mall, and keep the barricades up at all costs. Even if the barricades fall and some zeds get in, the most important thing is to get the barricades back up before thinking about attacking the zombies.

There are fewer zombies at Giddings than there were at Caiger and they held out for months, so there's no reason why Giddings should fall, provided people box smart and stay focused on the task.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Erm, OK, sorry I must be confused, Ringo. Doesn't the 400 plus zombies and 0 survivors inside Giddings suggest that it fell this afternoon? Or is that just a temporary thing?

[ 19.01.2006, 12:44: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Ringo

What are you talking about Jonesy, there are loads of people inside Giddings, that picture shows the outside...
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Damnit, you're right. You know, I didn't even realise I'd been dumped outside. My apologies.

[ 19.01.2006, 12:55: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Ringo

No problem. Get yourself revived and back in as soon as you can. Need a CDF revive?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
No thanks. I haven't got the AP to take advantage of it tonight. I'll revive myself over at Harnap tomorrow morning.

[ 19.01.2006, 12:58: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Ringo

Well if you change your mind, go to The Way Monument [76, 45] (3 AP NW of the Armory) and then log your request here and someone should stick a syringe in you within 24 hours.
Kiki
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kiki           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if you want to revive people? I have a character at Harnap (82:38) with 2 syringes and 32 AP. Where do I send her? And to whom?

--------------------
Always take a banana to a party. Bananas are good.

badgerhead
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for badgerhead           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Latest in from our man on the spot Kaein in The Syms Museum.

Since your last turn:

Victor Shield said "2 z's in sixtus hospital, barricades down.." (01-19 09:11 GMT)

A flare was fired 5 blocks to the west and 4 blocks to the north. (01-19 09:33 GMT)

Bubba ap Elvis said "pretty quiet outside, Sixtus is 'caded (and full) as is Chaffey Alley... not a lot of zulus standing in the area, but a lot of bodies laying in front of buildings" (01-19 14:44 GMT)

Kaein said "Alright, any and all people willing to hunt zombies head southeast, theres a big zombie precence there, especially near the NT building." (01-19 18:02 GMT)

Ringo

There are now nearly 600 zombies attacking Giddings Mall. They get through the barricades regularly but so far we haven't taken any heavy casualties and Giddings is still standing. It's getting tough though and more people are needed urgently. You can enter via Bromley Auto Repair.

I think this will be settled by the end of the weekend, one way or another.

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stupid post

[ 20.01.2006, 00:58: Message edited by: squeegy ]

--------------------
supa scrub

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. I left myself inside Giddings Mall last night and I've been killed and dumped outside. Not sure what it's like inside, but there are 28 zombies outside NW part of mall, 103 outside NE part, 214 outside SW part and 31 outside SE part.

I'm off to search for someone to stick a needle in me.

Kiki
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kiki           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Giddings is falling. The northwest corner has 46 zombies and no survivors. Southwest has 60, doors wide open and more are coming in. This'll be over today.

--------------------
Always take a banana to a party. Bananas are good.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm outside sanson as a zombie, although just popped my head in and there are no barricades, doors are open and there are 5 zombies inside. I recommend getting out.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hank bought the farm, Oogly miraculously survived (strength of numbers, I guess) and he's holed up in the Railway Station. Giddings is a mess, but it was fun.

--------------------
sweet

My Name Is Joe
That's Mister Minge to you..
 - posted      Profile for My Name Is Joe           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to a revive from Nana, Susan was able to briefly pop back inside Giddings - the place is lost, less than a hundred survivors concentrated in the south.

Looks like the last stand will be Caiger, again. Last time it held because of an incredibly effective revive system and because towrads the end there were 1000+ survivors. I don't see anywhere else matching that.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Active Survivors : 28010 (56%)
Active Zombies : 21979 (44%)

It's getting close..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 3 FAK in Sage Railway station if anyone wants some healing - I don't have diagnosis
Ringo

Fuck Caiger. They didn't send any help to Giddings. Just one tenth of their manpower would have evened things up. Caiger are only interested in making sure that Caiger is the only place able to stop the zombies.
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These threads are almost becoming interesting and exciting to me, as they take over the board much like zombies infesting a mall. It's like listening in to the police radio band.

--------------------
member #28

badgerhead
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for badgerhead           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In shock news – The Scavengers sent their chief negotiator and one man annihilation machine Kaein over to parley with the leader of the remaining 374 zeds in and around Giddings Mall.

Unable to find any common ground and having reached an impasse he generously gave them until 1500 hrs GMT to lay down their arms and get out of Dodge - then changed his mind and offed the lot of ‘em when one of them looked at him a bit funny.

He has since barricaded the entire suburb up to EH and declared the Mall open for business as usual.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by badgerhead:
chief negotiator and one man annihilation machine

He has since barricaded the entire suburb up to EH with his beard and declared Malton open for business as usual.

And that chief negotiators name?

Chuck Norris.

My Name Is Joe
 - posted      Profile for My Name Is Joe           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Fuck Caiger. They didn't send any help to Giddings. Just one tenth of their manpower would have evened things up. Caiger are only interested in making sure that Caiger is the only place able to stop the zombies.

No offense, but if that means Cowboy Up and the rest of the Creedy Defense Force are going to stay away, I'm glad - disaster and ineptitude follow them around like a bad smell.

Reverend Ian Paisley, now at Caiger, was in Fort Creedy before it fell (for the second time I believe). Cowboy Boy more or less invited several hordes to come and take on the CDF, and when they inevitably did he and his cronies abandoned the fort claiming that the survivors there had been 'freeloading' off their efforts for too long.

You should take a closer look at your new friends, Malachai Moon!

Niffer
Een beetje vreemd, maar wel lekker!
 - posted      Profile for Niffer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone at Giddigns considered trying to keep the zeds inside. Nipping in, barricading up and forcing them to waste AP getting out...that's be kind of fun.

--------------------
Seek help, possibly medication.

My Name Is Joe
That doesn't work though, you can always get out of a building by clicking on an adjacent square.
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
note to OOgly - the railway station has been breached there is now 7 zombies in there

I have moved NE to Beaman Boulevard School, which is currently XHB and Z free.

Ringo

The decision to leave the armoury was the right one, and a strategical move to regroup in the Mall. The Armoury had held for weeks but was on the verge of falling and with the mall tour just round the corner the Armoury would have been pretty useless since it only provides ammo, and at nowhere near the rate you can find it in the Mall if you've got shopping and bargain hunting skills.

The stragglers and non CDF members in the Armoury were told bluntly that if they stayed, they stayed without our support. Something which equated to no less than suicide on their part.

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the way Ringo in particular talks on this thread. It's so firm and uncompromising. I'm getting quite excited about this alternate world without even understanding it. Perhaps it's better that I've never played, because instead of the basic blocks of the game, I'm actually imagining the barricades, the desperate last stands, the hurried parleys on rubble-strewn streets.

--------------------
member #28

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
The stragglers and non CDF members in the Armoury were told bluntly that if they stayed, they stayed without our support.

Our..?

Our?

OUR?!?!

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

I'm sorry you had to find out this way Mask, but Malachai felt that Queer Jew had nothing more to offer him, and longed for the reassuring organisational skills of some gun toting Americans.

You still have Bjorn, Joylove, Monkfish and Alonso fighting for the QJ cause though.

Although Bjorn has decided to find out how the other half unlive, and will be found clawing at the barricades at Caiger in a few days' time.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+