TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Pub Grub (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Pub Grub
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to visit The Didsbury pub to satisfy my Sunday afternoon ale and food cravings, which is just a short walk from where I live. To start, you can plump for the reliable chicken liver and pancetta pate, or, for cheese-fiends, the gorgeous smoked haddock and gruyere fishcakes; washed down with a nice pint of North Yorkshire Brewery Organic Ruby Ale.

For the main course, I usually go for the traditional beer-battered fish with chips and mushy peas, washed down with another pint of ale. I'm normally too full up to contemplate a dessert at this point, so I top things off nicely with a further 8 or so pints, before staggering home.

A highly recommended Sunday. More so if it's a sunny afternoon, when myriad sun-seeking hotties grace the seating area outside.

missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good pub near me is the Star and Garter. * We haven't been that often because you need to drive there, and it's a bit more gastro pub than proper pub, but the seafood is amazing and it has a nice big garden - perfect summer lunch place, though it does get really busy at weekends.

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+