Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Wordsmiths I need your help (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Wordsmiths I need your help
MKandy
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for MKandy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Andy's a real person unfortunately. He likes cars and works in IT, which basically makes him an older, much less attractive version of me.

If 'attractive' if is a rotund man who lounges about in urine stained Y fronts, then you win Ringo.

--------------------
Isn't dat vierd?

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who might be interested some news. I was due to give ING an answer today by lunchtime - I contacted the other bank and told them of the offer but how I would much rather work there, so they saw me yesterday - the IT Head had a lot of doubts about my commitment and so forth, and also working for an organisation with certain "religious considerations" but I put them all to rest. Then met with the HR guy who had done a lot to push things along. Turns out the position was a bit junior for me and I was overqualified, but it seems they could do a bit of re-shuffling to get me in at a certain level. It was looking good.

This morning I was having a rather odd but vivid dream involving me and a purchased bride (????) when the phone goes and its the agency about the ING job and started bullying me into not waiting on the result from the other position. I instructed him to ask the others to wait, he said they wouldn't and then I told him well that was their choice - and subsequently blew them out. Possibly a very stupid thing to do.

However, I just got a call from the other place and it seems all three people who I met are all firmly on my side, and are now going to the board to get the formal approval for my offer - it should be just a formality as they had offered someone before but they accepted a job elsewhere without even reporting this back - so even if he comes crawling back now because of my undying show of commitment, they should be able to make a favourable decision in my direction.

Almost there - Monday or Tuesday I should get the final nod - wish me luck!

[ 19.06.2008, 06:04: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like it's all coming together for you. Well done / good luck!

[Smile]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fingers crossed fella.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold on, 'religious considerations'?

--------------------
sweet

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:

Yep it's an Indonesian Bank so there are a lot of Muslims, some of whom might have to go pray mid conversation - you just have to let them go do it without question.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The perfect time for a cigarette/sudoku break I suppose.

Or TMO, assuming...

[ 19.06.2008, 06:37: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:

Yep it's an Indonesian Bank so there are a lot of Muslims, some of whom might have to go pray mid conversation - you just have to let them go do it without question.
I'm not religious, but I could be convinced to adopt a religion that would allow me arbitrarily to walk away from boring meetings at will. This sounds, as some might say, gr9.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+