Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » It's all too much (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: It's all too much
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

She says she was drenched, burning up, hyperventilating and laughing and crying at the same time in front of the customers.

Far from having been involved in a humiliating poppers-fuelled watersports session, the young lady actually drank too much coffee.

I don't think I've ever had so much coffee that I've become hysterical, but I've certainly got to a stage where I've been vibrating. These days I've got a fairly regular coffee routine - a diluted espresso in the morning that percolates while I'm in the shower, and then a few #60's from the machine at work, which are disposable cups filled with black filter coffee.

Just wondered if anybody else has actually gone over the edge on coffee, and, you know, we can all compare our caffeine schedules or something. I don't know. I suppose it's another thread, you could use it for whatever you like. It's all user generated these days isn't it. Who am I to tell everybody what to write about. This isn't a Dickensian workhouse, it's the internet.

[ 14.08.2007, 10:15: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you drink too much strong black coffee you will turn your shit from the usual brown solid form into a ring-stinging black liquid.

Thanks. I'm here, all weak.

[ 14.08.2007, 10:19: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ATTENTION TMO: I've just had my third coffee of the day.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benway, what's your take on tea, and the drinking of it, by you?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not Dr. Benway, but I take my tea black.

Is that wrong?

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I don't drink 'normal' tea these days, but I do like a nice pot of either jasmine or gunpowder tea. It's usually a comfort thing, maybe in the evening, when coffee isn't a good idea. A couple of cups of Jasmine tea makes everything okay. Good for hangovers as well. Milk is such a pain to fuck around with, always having to go to the shops to get it, and then it goes off. I like hot chocolate some times, but that's it for milk.

I did want to bring a tea pot into work so I could make my own jasmine tea, but that was dismissed as being gay when I tested the water with a colleague.

You into Tea, mart?

[ 14.08.2007, 10:30: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

mart
Yeah I'm into tea. But just normal, British tea. That's all, really. It tastes noticeably better from a pot, but hey y'know, I can do without.

I've only ever really fully enjoyed coffee, I mean, really, properly, actively enjoyed coffee, in Spain. Which is as much about the way they make and serve it, as the surroundings you're in.

Michael Kelly's page on "Women with tea" (work safe, funny)

Er, that page has been added to since I last visited and there are a couple of pics of cheeky lasses in stockings or a maid's uniform or something. I skimmed over those.

[ 14.08.2007, 10:48: Message edited by: mart ]

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to steer clear of coffee these days, and only drink it on rare occassions. It doesn't really help, just turns me wired and gibbering and hysterical. So I'll have some if I'm going to a gig or something like that, but I steer clear of caffeine as much as possible now. Cup of tea nwith three sugars first thing in the morning, and that's it. I have enough trouble settling down to work, or getting to sleep in the evenings as it is, without spannering around with stimulants. Just trying to keep weird spastic spasms, twitches and flails to a minimum takes a constant drip feed of food and water, and sedating myself enough to even stay still at the end of the day requires a couple of glasses of wine. If I have a one medium coffee even during the day, then that's it - I'm not sleeping till 3, and then only fitfully. So. Caffeine. No.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Pepper
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Pepper           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can drink any amount of coffee and still sleep, it seems to have no effect at all. This lulled me into a false sense of security which led me to drink Red Bull, after which I was awake and twitching tearfully for about two days.

I don't much care for tea.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink coffee or tea at home but I usually have a couple of teas and maybe a coffee a day whilst at work. All are from the downstairs coffee bar, since there are no free vending machines here and the closest one charges upwards of 25p for a cup of random brown water with floaty white bits in it.

I have to admit to an occasional abomination, which is Earl Grey with milk (sorry), but it's usually good old PG Tips.

I used to have a real Diet Coke addiction, drinking it by the can, and for the sake of my sanity I bought the caffeine-free stuff in the copper-coloured tins. However it seems to be harder to come by the slabs of this than the regular stuff, and I sometimes had to resort to buying caffeinated, and then went on to swig them down willy-nilly, only remembering why I stopped buying them in the first place when I find myself prowling the house at 3.30am, hunting for paperwork to sort out or laundry to wash.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should change my signature or tag to H1ppychick: her every post makes you die a little bit more

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have 500 Marks and Spencers, strong one cup teabags shipped in every couple of months from the UK, without a good cup of tea I'd just give up on everything.

I only drink coffee at work because they don't have a fridge for me to keep milk in, or a kettle, just a coffee machine that makes awful coffee.

Doesn't stop me drinking 5 or 6 cups of vending machine, foul tasting espresso though 'cos it's either that or water.

And the water is well watery.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:

I used to have a real Diet Coke addiction, drinking it by the can,

Isn't that... quite normal? As opposed to drinking it by the crate or by the barrel. "Oh yeah, man I drink Diet Coke by the can. Open up a can... drink the whole lot. I'm a fiend! I also used to smoke by the cigarette. Light it up... bang! Smoke the whole cigarette. Knocked that on the head, I can tell you."

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

mart
If I remember correctly, you are a chick but you're not much of a hippy, at all, are you? Though you are sort of hip, making you hippy, I suppose.

I'm like Pepper - I don't think coffee or tea actually have any effect on me, except for making me do lots of wee.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
who is pepper? 63 posts in like 5 years.
Pepper
TMO Member
Well there used to be a lot more worth reading, which took up all my time.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
quote:
I used to have a real Diet Coke addiction, drinking it by the can,

Isn't that... quite normal? As opposed to drinking it by the crate or by the barrel.
Perhaps H1ppychick meant that she downs cans in one?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by Pepper:
Well there used to be a lot more worth reading, which took up all my time.

do you think it's a bit shit now?
Pepper
TMO Member
Yes, hence two reasons why I post more. Less to read, and less to live up to.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
There aren't any standards any more are there? We're all to blame. Especially mart.
mart
You think?
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I only meant that I bought cans not bottles, mainly cos the bottles went flat and a can was about the right amount that I'd want at a time.

sorry nathan. sorry everyone.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeah, I think so.
mart
I think you're just making it up.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
I don't think coffee or tea actually have any effect on me, except for making me do lots of wee.

If you mean in terms of having taken on a lot of fluid so then having to wee a lot, then fair enough, but if you're referring to caffeine being a diuretic, then this is actually a myth. You'd have to drink the equivalent of about 15 cups of regular coffee for it to have any kind of dehydrating effect on you.

I drink coffee quite a lot in the day, it helps keep me reasonably alert. In the evenings I drink decaf or sometimes crumble an oxo cube into a mug of hot water for a tasty beefy treat before bed.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
you should try the oxo cube with milk.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
a tasty beefy treat before bed.

Teffers, where are you when we need you?

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

Coffee makes me crap, Ringo. Explain that!
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
you were already crap, Misc, hur hur!

coat, yes? the black one. cheers.

--------------------

mart
No, I just meant liquid intake. Drink a cup of tea, wee a cupful of wee out. Drink a glass of water, wee a glassful of water out. I like to think it's because my kidneys are super-ace and do their job instantaneously, but I'm also coming to terms with the possibility that I might have a really girly bladder.

Which isn't a fair comment, really, as girls seem to have amazingly high bladder-fullness thresholds. Full respect to all you girls for your ability not to wee yourself all the time, like I would if I didn't have trees and things to wee behind.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
bullshit, girls can't hold it in at all.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
you were already crap, Misc, hur hur!

Thanks H1ppy. I knew it was coming, but it hurt a lot less coming from you.
mart
You think, Benway?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
yeah, I think so.
Pepper
TMO Member
I have a miniscule bladder, but so does my brother so I've blamed genetics rather than gender.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+