Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Snigger Alert (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Snigger Alert
Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lickapaw#2           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm half way through typing a report, working from a document that our customers will have seen ages ago, and I've just spotted a typo that someone in our office must have made about a year back but not noticed:

quote:
Sundries: Ceramic dick ornament.
*snigger*

Paralyzed Fingers

Anyone else got a similar story? Just to get the ball rolling for today.

[ 10.01.2008, 05:55: Message edited by: Lickapaw#2 ]

--------------------
Black Mask: Have a good weekend, TMO!

Ringo: Don't tell me what to do.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night, I was looking at a picture of a Turrican branded joystick, and louise walked in, and thought I was looking at pictures of dildos.

In fact, through the magic of the internet, I can show you what I was looking at:

-

You'll notice that the game is "Turrican 2", which has the best music of the series, and of almost all computer games ever made.

note: This story is similar to the original because it also involves a human error that incorrectly references dildos.

[ 10.01.2008, 06:09: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The music to Turrican 2 was indeed excellent. That joystick however is a poor joystick when compared to the classic zipstick

-

The best music for a computer game for that sort of era (and possibly ever?) has to fall to Xenon 2.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I had zipsticks, and competition pros before them. I was only looking at the picture of the turrican joystick because it was mentioned on a website all about turrican, which I was was reading because I was interested in listening to remixes of aforementioned soundtrack. This all came about because I was listening to the Turrican 2 soundtrack at the time, having torrented it over the course of the previous day. I had been prompted into this by noticing that my third nearest neighbour on last.fm was a fan of the turrican music, and I was not aware that it had been released on mp3. I previously listened to that kind of thing using winamp, and a plug-in to play the original .mod files, as downloaded from a website called "unexotica". So that's how the how mess happened.

As for xenon 2 - "megablast" by bomb the bass is good, but it's only one tune, whereas turrican is bursting with amazing life-affirming original music. Did you know that the bloke from bomb the bass was falsely accused of rape, and lives in north london. And he did a tune about Naked Lunch that was nicely remixed by kruder and dorfmeister - Naked Lunch obviously the home of the original 'Dr. Benway' - phew!

[ 10.01.2008, 06:18: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lickapaw#2           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do look like dildos though, Benway.

--------------------

Dr. Benway

rather than wasting time reading posts, why not hear the Turrican 2 music for yourself? Listen to samples here

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfft,

The Quickshot II was the gaming stick of champions.

-

Dr. Benway

cheap and nasty. There wasn't really any competition to the Zipstick, with it's steel shaft and robust microswitches. Those quickshot things broke often, and didn't provide anywhere near the precision required to, for example, negotiate the perilous landscapes of Xenon II or Blood Money.

[ 10.01.2008, 06:24: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

The computer games show on TV, I believe it was calles Games Master or something like that, used a Quickshot II sprayed in gold to be their Golden Joystick award.
Dr. Benway

that's wiser than trying to use it to play games.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was that the one with Mr Smug himself, Dominick Diamond?

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Ringo

Yeah and cheats and stuff given out by Patrick Moore. A friend of mine maintained for many many years that Games Master was what Patrick Moore was most famous for, and thought the whole Astronomy thing was like a sideline for him.

I never had a Zipstick, to my shame, but I did have a black and red joystick with the same basic layout. Classic design, but I forget who it's made by. I've still got it in my loft actually

Dr. Benway

yes. I was in the audience for that once. I'm sure I've already recounted this story, but by the end of the day's filming, my dad had a spotlight on him while everybody in the audience and production crew laughed as dominic diamond made jokes about his beard. A great day.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

that joystick is the competition pro, which came out before the zipstick, and was pretty much the same apart from the slightly shitty buttons.

-

That looks a bit more advanced that the one I had. There was no autofire on the original.

[ 10.01.2008, 06:32: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

It did have a more robust shaft than the Quickshot II it has to be said. The Quickshot II was fine for most things, but I must admit that I killed more than a couple playing Summer Games
Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
I definitely had one like the zipstick but not sure whether it was that brand or not.

For most of the era Games Master aired I had a Commodore 64 but wanted a Mega Drive, Master System or at least something they were promoting on that programme.

I got a Mega Drive a couple of years after it was axed, I think. I was chuffed.

--------------------

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:

That looks a bit more advanced that the one I had. There was no autofire on the original.

Yeah that has two extra buttons that mine never had.

Also, thinking about it, it may have been Track and Field that killed my Quickshots, not Summer/Winter games.

Dr. Benway

I wanted a megadrive too. My neighbour used the promise of playing on hers to seduce me round for a strange evening where she immaced her legs in front of, me and then made me drink a disgusting cocktail.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
 -

Crap games but oh, the nostalgia!

--------------------

Dr. Benway

I could wallow in spectrum / amiga nostalgia for the rest of my life [Frown]

[ 10.01.2008, 06:40: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

See I was always a Nintendo fanboy, although I never had my own until I got a SNES. The lad who lived down the road from me has a NES though and I used to be constantly over there playing it. Consequently, though, when I did play on a Sega console with its black casing and challengingly sculpted controllers, not to mention its unusual button configuration, I just didn’t like it. In fact I never had any interest in owning a Sega console until I bought my Dreamcast. What a shame that never saw the success it deserved.

I did like the Sega Game Gear though, that absolutely pwned the Game Boy.

Ringo

quote:
I could wallow in spectrum / amiga nostalgia for the rest of my life [Frown]

Ditto for Commodore

I've got a CD somewhere which contains the SID (music) files for about 500 different C64 games. The SID chip was awesome wasn't it, definitely one of the best things about the C64.

The music for William Wobbler is probably my favourite computer game music ever. Not a great game, mind.

Trailblazer wasn't bad either.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And he did a tune about Naked Lunch that was nicely remixed by kruder and dorfmeister - Naked Lunch obviously the home of the original 'Dr. Benway' - phew!

Bug Powder Dust. I should own that on record. But a load of my records are missing for some reason.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Dr. Benway

co-incindentally, I was looking at recent photos of peter weller last night, after the actor who played Nash in Robocop appeared in CSI. Weller obviously starred in both Robocop and Naked Lunch. What a complex web I weave. Weller doesn't look great these days.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has to be the most comprehensively hijacked thread in internet history. It's not so much been hijacked as possessed.
Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
I know. I have two answers for that:

a) That's what a love about TMO. I don't know many forums that are quite so keen to talk that they will alter the course of a thread just to talk some more.

b) You filthy hijacking bastards! Some fucker on this board must have an anecdote about mis-spellings, mis-hearings or general mis-understandings. Now come on and post!

--------------------

Ringo

I emailed a woman once saying I was going to take a look at her hard dick, but I think I've told that story before
Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
Did she see the funny side?

--------------------

Dr. Benway

yeah.

Can I just steer off topic again for a moment? Sorry, quick question. How on earth did Eminem get pneumonia? I thought the only time people got that is when they've already had a major illness (like some AIDS or cancer) and been totally drained of any protection. Or can anybody catch pneumonia at any time?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

wonderstarr
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for wonderstarr           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely the classic joystick was a Kempston, which I only realised some years after the 80s had ended was also (and best known as) a place in England, rather than just a brand name.

One of my Christmas presents was a Kempston joystick, which miraculously is also a Commodore 64 (or about 30 Commodore 64 games) -- plug and play on the TV. Amazing that a joystick can now serve as an entire computer, tape recorder and 30 cassettes.

--------------------
pudgy little saucepot

Lickapaw#2
TMO Member
I can't see any reason why not: it's still a catchable illness, it's just more likely when your immune system's tired. Old people seem to catch it quite readily.

--------------------

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Lickapaw#2:
Old people seem to catch it quite readily.

Or people that have gone out of fashion. Which is like being old, but even worse. It's like a living death. Getting pneumonia was probably a blessed relief from being out of fashion.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When re'architecting' a website a few years ago, some people suggested that the audience should be directed to three separate areas from the home page.

I replied, to a particularly po-faced gent, that I didn't want to 'split people on entry'. This would have been OK, if I hadn't then said 'if you'll excuse the expression'. As I sent the email I sniggered away to myself. He didn't reply.

dang65
it's all the rage
Oh, hang on. Apologies to Eminem. He hasn't gone out of fashion, he's "withdrawn from the limelight".
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by wonderstarr:
Surely the classic joystick was a Kempston

Is that not surely the same as the one Benway posted above? The Kempston Competition Pro?

I liked that one, but I preferred the Quickshot. The Kempston had 'clicky' feel to the movement, which I found a bit irritating on games which involved a lot of direction changed like Time Pilot. It was less of a problem on stuff like Beach Head II which had fairly simple inputs. The Quickshot had a much softwer feel to the movement and was also reminiscent of a fighter jet control. Which of course appealed to me, being a child and all.

Probably these days I'd have preferred the Kempston for its responsiveness and reliability.

[ 10.01.2008, 07:30: Message edited by: Ringo ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+