Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Your favourite fruit (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Your favourite fruit
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm enjoying some Cox's apples, at the moment. They're my favourite.

What's your favourite fruit?

--------------------
sweet

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartlett pears.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coconut.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grapes. They come with the strapline better than fags, you know.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very keen on plums at the moment, although they're one of those roulette fruits - like oranges - where you never know if you're going to get the sweetest, juiciest plum you ever tasted or a viciously sharp bastard of a plum which will make you wince in pain, or a watery mush of a plum which makes you want to throw it at a passing politician, or any kind of flavour/texture plum in between.

I think that's one of the fetish attractions of plums really, their hot tempered unpredictability.

Do any other fruit eaters find that fruit is at least as addictive as caffeine or nicotine, by-the-way? I find that once I start eating more than about five fruits a day I really get to craving the bloody stuff. I'd have thought it would be more natural to crave fruit if you didn't eat it regularly, it being a natural requirement (I think).

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also like mandarins and clementines. I've developed a special peeling technique that produces a one-piece peel in the shape of a crudely drawn cock and balls. It's quite something. The 'balls' have real 3D roundness, and if you preserve the pith, it's even possible to add a stream of 'jism'.
Louche
Cherry, you've put tomatoes in the wrong place.
ralph

And what on earth is difficult about a watermelon?
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:

Fitting a whole one in your mouth.
ralph

Is CiH implying he can fit an entire apple in his mouth?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

lol, imagine ralph, with his big paws burrowing into a watermelon, throwing mashed slops into his mouth like Pooh bear gone feral. Angrily glaring up as David Bellamy's crew startle him with a loud shutter click.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

dang65
it's all the rage
I'm not sure about peaches being at the top right there either. They can make a terrible mess. I presume we're talking about "easy to eat at your desk without having to go and immediately wash all the stickiness off" here?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not draw that diagram. It was done by the very talented Randall from the fantastic webcomic xkcd

[ 25.03.2008, 09:21: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
lol, imagine ralph, with his big paws burrowing into a watermelon, throwing mashed slops into his mouth like Pooh bear gone feral.

wft? don't you have knives in the UK? Since when did cutting into a piece of fruit with a fucking knife become difficult?
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
I did not draw that diagram. It was done by the very talented Randall from the fantastic webcomic xkcd

Yes, well, tell him he's not as talented as he thinks he is.
Louche
Seeded grapes aren't marginally more tasty than seedless grapes, either, they're much of a muchness. Let's butn Cherry for being wrong.
Louche
Only, I'm not sure how to butn someone. Any suggestions?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
wft? don't you have knives in the UK? Since when did cutting into a piece of fruit with a fucking knife become difficult?

Fuck me backaways. That's clearly a chart for eating fruit with your fingers, ralph. Oh, and in case you missed it, the Y access indicates perceived 'yummyness' Trust you to maanage to actually warp comedy until it's lol-ratio is inverted.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peaches are horrible. And they have a honking great stone in the centre.

My favourite fruit is a Granny Smith apple. There is literally no greater fruit on earth.

Although I don't much like eating oranges because I think they're a little too far down the difficult end of the scale, I do have massive cravings for pure OJ, what with it being the drink of the Gods and all.

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and involve weapons of some kind.
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our lovely American stores take all the difficulty out of eating fresh fruit of any kind as they cut them up into bite-sized bits and sell them in portion-sized plastic containers. I especially like to buy pineapple this way.*

*though my favorite fruits are asian pears and blueberries, which aren't difficult to eat anyway.

[ 25.03.2008, 09:53: Message edited by: rooster ]

Pepper
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Pepper           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
My favourite fruit is a Granny Smith apple. There is literally no greater fruit on earth.

What rot. They're not even the best apples, Braeburn are.

Cherries pretty much rule the fruit world. If only they were the size of nectarines they would be perfect.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pepper:
They're not even the best apples, Braeburn are.

No. I cannot allow this. Even though my current favourite is the Cox, I'd have to say that the best apple in the world is the Russet.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

Can't scientists create perfect fruit yet?

Stupid scientists [Mad]

Black Mask

Pepper's right about cherries, though. Especially the litle yellow ones you get in France on your holidays.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

-

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

There's a little park just round the corner from my house which is ringed with cherry trees. When I was a kid, me and my friends would pick the ripe cherries and eat them right off the tree. Then we spat the seeds at each other.

Happy times

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Cherries pretty much rule the fruit world. If only they were the size of nectarines they would be perfect.

This obviously occurred to God as well, for plums are the perfection you seek. Nectarine-sized cherries, growing on trees.

Mitchell & Webb on farming

(n.b. I can't see YouTube from work, but I think that link's right, if stolen correctly from other forum.)

Pepper
TMO Member
I like plums very much, yellow ones in particular, but they're nothing like cherries in flavour or texture.
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
I like plums very much, yellow ones in particular, but they're nothing like cherries in flavour or texture.

Well, there are differences, obviously, or else cherries would be called "dwarf plums" or "spring plums" or something, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're "nothing like" each other.

Stone in middle? Check.
Smooth skin? Check.
Can be sweet or a bit sour? Check.
"Fleshy" kind of flesh? Check.
Come in shades of red and yellow? Check.

They've probably got more in common than any other two fruits. That I can think of. Without actually spending any time thinking.

[ 25.03.2008, 11:02: Message edited by: dang65 ]

Ringo

rasberry and blackberry?
Pepper
TMO Member
I only said the flavour and texture weren't alike, I cannot deny the stone and colour stuff.

Wouldn't you say peaches and nectarines were more alike? If you did think about it, that is.

I'm currently eating dried apple, that's odd stuff. Foamy.

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
I only said the flavour and texture weren't alike, I cannot deny the stone and colour stuff.

Wouldn't you say peaches and nectarines were more alike? If you did think about it, that is.

Nectarines/peaches doesn't count because nectarines are peaches

Cherries taste different from plums, a bit, but I'd still argue that the texture is the same. Or it would be, if you could actually bite into a big piece of cherry, which you can't due to their size handicap.

Ringo

Clementines and Satsumas are virtually indistinguishable from one another

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+