email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » LIFE BROKE

Author Topic: LIFE BROKE
Damon's Off
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Damon's Off           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a bit of a php problem yesterday and somehow the Life forum ended up broken. We've had to create a new Life and archive the old forum, it's called The Library and is on the Talk page, below The Dead. We'll be merging The Dead and The Library some time soon when we can be bothered.

If anyone has any bookmarks to the Life forum specifically, please note that they need to be updated (this is forum 11, the old Life was forum 2).

--------------------
Don't do anything stupid until I get back.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too many posts and not enough posters make TMO a something, something...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cyi daz.. [Razz]

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The clock is broked too - even though I have updated my profile to obey the servers US-ness, it's still a bit slow.

Or perhaps just I am.....

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Damon's Off
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Damon's Off           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
The clock is broked too - even though I have updated my profile to obey the servers US-ness, it's still a bit slow.

Or perhaps just I am.....

Is it?
*posts to check*

--------------------

Damon's Off
TMO Admin
Yeah, sorry, the time offset seems to have disappeared from my profile as well. You'll just have to put it back if it's gone.

[ 05.07.2008, 12:37: Message edited by: Damon's Off ]

--------------------

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phew, that was scary
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The clock is definately crocked mate - I've set it to 14 hours and still it is telling me iits only twenty past seven, when it is not (its 11:24 pm)

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all. I've spent four solid hours re-recording old band tracks into Cubase because all our old material got stolen from an external disc drive, so I've had to go all the way back to material from 2005. Fucking hell. I'm absolutely cream-crackered, but there's a fuck load more to do. Still, at least I've got about 6 more beers in the fridge to keep me going.

Just as Life broke BTW, I had taken an image of my desk and edited it in panoramic view with a list of details of note, so I was more than a little gutted. I have an interview working with an advertising company that I want more than anything in the world on Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that.

eta: the time is only 2 minutes out for me.

[ 05.07.2008, 13:41: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how soon is now ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
2 minutes fast

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemme test.

Spot on.

[ 05.07.2008, 14:14: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Waynster

Good luck on Tuesday Mikee

--------------------

Waynster

The clock is still crocked for me - no matter what time I set it to in my profile it always comes out 4 hours slow - whether I set it to plus 14 or zero, all the same

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
Good luck on Tuesday Mikee

Cheers. It's nerve-racking. I've only ever really applied for a job I've wanted once before in my life. That was in 1998.

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
You'll be fine Mikey - I'll cross everything for you, well everything I can cross at any rate..

What's the job doing ?

--------------------

Damon's Off
TMO Admin
Hey guys, I just logged in on the same computer, but surfing on my next door neighbour's wireless, and my time offset changed by 4 hours. Wayne, I assume it's because you're *ahem*borrowing*ahem* your internet connection that your time keeps jumping around. I don't quite understand what time the forum is checking against its server but it seems to have something to do with the server you're connecting through.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
What's the job doing ?

The same thing I do now but more defined. Working deskside support. Except I'd be in a more dedicated capacity. 1/10th of the user base and more specific in-depth analysis of problems on PC and Mac for a marketing company.

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... we're less 'Media Elite' and more 'IT *****'?

--------------------
sweet

sabian

I thought it took more than having a blog and a fan-fiction mag to be 'media elite'...?

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
So... we're less 'Media Elite' and more 'IT *****'?

Somebody switch Black Mask off and on again [Mad]

--------------------

sabian

Can I suggest a firmware upgrade as well?

--------------------

Waynster

quote:
Originally posted by Damon's Off:
Hey guys, I just logged in on the same computer, but surfing on my next door neighbour's wireless, and my time offset changed by 4 hours. Wayne, I assume it's because you're *ahem*borrowing*ahem* your internet connection that your time keeps jumping around. I don't quite understand what time the forum is checking against its server but it seems to have something to do with the server you're connecting through.

Thanks for that - I guess it may well be the reason - the price I have to pay for being a pikey thief.

(although its doing right now)

[ 07.07.2008, 14:49: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+