Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » The Waffle Thread (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The Waffle Thread
sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just waffle and chit-chat as inanely or as deeply as you like.

PF Ooh. The sun is shining.

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
These two posts should be here:

Yo! Ralph! Hiya! I'm fine. I've missed you. Been so f*ed recently I haven't been able to log in and check tmo very often, but I always look for you. Great to be in touch.

and

How are you? How's the family? The mrs still podding nicely? How's the boys?

You know - how.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
It's all good. mrs. ralph is still pregnant...finally starting to show a bit. We are (as always) struggling to come up with a name for the baby.

Don't you think you have enough time? Did you say it was a boy again? I can't remember.

[ 21.07.2008, 06:41: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sam:
Don't you think you have enough time? Did you say it was a boy again? I can't remember.

We don't know the gender, but I'm assuming male since the last three were. We obviously come up with a name eventually...but it's always a struggle.

Now you've gone and made me want waffles.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a pretty decent salad the other day. Quite pleased with that.
sam
TMO Member
waffles?

Edit: Oh hang on. Now I get it. I didn't connect waffling with waffles. Not so hot for an English teacher. It must be all these long holidays.

[ 21.07.2008, 07:52: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
That's got rid of that intrusive post. [Smile]

[ 21.07.2008, 12:22: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

ralph

quote:
Does anyone call anyone ' a dish' anymore?

No. Just how old are you? [Razz]

eta: lol @ sam. I can't post either. Only edit old posts. Stupid tmo. [Mad]

[ 21.07.2008, 07:06: Message edited by: ralph ]

Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the plastic ring you get on bottles, underneath the cap? I chewed through the plastic so it wasn't a ring anymore. I had it between my front teeth and was twisting it around in front of my face when it FLEW INTO MY EYE.

My eye is all red and puffy and spazzy now.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm off work and some new trainers have been delivered to work. So I'm going to go into work and get them. Then wear them. Probably eat something. Dunno. Also: the council want to lay cockroach traps in our house! Some other fuckers got an epidemic.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have handed in my notice, and my deputy is going to take over my job. Which has made me all irrationally cross. She's got about 10 years less experience than me. Grr. I shouldn't care, though. I'm off.
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
froopy went back to work today after a week of staying home to be my voice (I've had severe laryngitis). As soon as the nanny gets here will probably go in the pool with daughter #1. It is ridiculously hot here.

(I love how that makes me sound like a rich bitch when in reality the pool is a three foot deep wading pool and the 'nanny' is a high school girl who comes over a few hours a day to help.)

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You shouldn't be cross. That's just an obvious sign they didn't appreciate you. Sometimes I feel like if I left they'd wheel in Carl the janitor from The Breakfast Club and sit him at my desk.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

herbs

You are so right Enwodde. Not appreciated. That's it. They'll be sorry, when the business crumbles round their ears, etc etc.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 - I think I'm going to vomit. I've felt sick all day.

2 - What's this weather about, it's 13 degrees here in Holland, raining in sheets, blowing a gale and miserable.. I thought it was July.

3 - I want the Gary NUman Car's ringtone from the Tundra episode of the Mighty Boosh for my work phone, can anyone help ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

herbs

Whoah! Why is the TMO clock right in Life, but four hours fast in Media? Or am I living in two parallel time-space continuums? Continuua?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There appears to be something wrong with TMO. I view it through Today's Active Topics and it is saying that the last post was the one by ralph saying "Just how old are you anyway" which was hours ago.
Ringo

At some point today, it looks like the time on the TMO server got put back by several hours. Looks like this meant that anyone who had posted this morning had to wait until the time on their last post had elapsed before they could post again (my last post is 16:47) because the flood control stops you from posting at any point before 10 seconds after your last post (even if the time of your last post appears to be in the future, apparently). Changing the time on your profile changes the time on your last post as well so there’s no option but to wait until that time passes.

So in answer to your earlier question, Sam (which I’ve been trying to answer all fucking day)

Lettuce
Mushroom
Ham
Goat’s cheese
Black olives
Olive oil
Black pepper

Ringo

I think everyone should be able to post now, and any post made after this point will bump to the top of active thingumies
ralph

Well done, Ringo.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stuck annoyed in the office as some people haven't pulled their fingers out and so are late finishing their work. Which means I can't start my stuff until they are finished. And Physic has flown over today and is waiting in the pub. And happy hour starts in FOUR MINUTES!!!!!

Note to self - bitch session with boss in morning.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just thought you'd all died or something.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to cut my toenails with the baby's toenail clippers as my stupid boyfriend has lost the grown-up ones. They weren't strong enough to tackle the nails on my big toes though. My pedicure is going to be shit.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did everyone have a good weekend? mine was amusingly moneyed cuntry living.

went to a wedding. it was wonderful. a 900 year old candlelit chapel in deepest Sussex, followed by excellent food and far too much champagne at a country hotel. An old friend was getting hitched - hadn't seen him in far too long and it was great seeing him like that, and catching up with him, his family and old friends.

Sunday we went to the final of a Polo tournament (Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup). it was hilarious. the commentator was clearly hammered and even did a shout out which went 'I say Veuve, You say Clicquot. Veuve Veuve! Clic-quot!' - hilarious, see? anyway lots of beautiful people who looked about one hundred million dollars, nice yummy picnic, gorgeous horsies.

So it was nice. I like the countryside! Greenery and low population density rock. At least for the weekend.

[ 21.07.2008, 13:08: Message edited by: vikram ]

sam
TMO Member
testing testing

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
Oh my God!! I'm saved!! Phew!

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
quote:
Does anyone call anyone ' a dish' anymore?

No. Just how old are you? [Razz]

eta: lol @ sam. I can't post either. Only edit old posts. Stupid tmo. [Mad]

I am nineteen ralph, as you well know. Tut! I only look like this because I have too many holidays and don't work hard enough.

-

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Whoah! Why is the TMO clock right in Life, but four hours fast in Media? Or am I living in two parallel time-space continuums? Continuua?

server reboot = buggered forum, the hosts say sorry and have fixed everything so you probably need to readjust your clocks..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
At some point today, it looks like the time on the TMO server got put back by several hours. Looks like this meant that anyone who had posted this morning had to wait until the time on their last post had elapsed before they could post again (my last post is 16:47) because the flood control stops you from posting at any point before 10 seconds after your last post (even if the time of your last post appears to be in the future, apparently). Changing the time on your profile changes the time on your last post as well so there’s no option but to wait until that time passes.

-

It's time, Jim, but not as we know it.

ETA: smaller picture

[ 21.07.2008, 12:38: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:

Lettuce
Mushroom
Ham
Goat’s cheese
Black olives
Olive oil
Black pepper

Mr Sam has rung up and requested a salad for his meal. This sounds fine. Thanks for the tip. [Smile]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
London, ypou'll need to watch your bairn the next time you cut his nails in case the clippers cross over instead of closing straight and nick his delivate fingers because you buggered up the spring on your toe nails. You'll have to buy a new pair now. I love those little ones with the white bulb at the end which is supposed to catch the nail clippings but never does. Have you got one of those?

Vikram, if I let you be my friend on facebook, can I come to a posh party with you? I have a posh frock.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

ralph

quote:
Vikram, if I let you be my friend on facebook, can I come to a posh party with you? I have a posh frock.

You're on facebook? [Eek!]
sam
TMO Member
Yeh. My son insisted. He said it was too much trouble to keep me informed about his life when he put as much as he could be bothered with on facebook. I think I have just about got the hang of it. Email me at my normal addy if you are too and fancy being my friend. I am well boring.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tee-hee. people were arriving by helicopter. It was ridiculous.
sam
TMO Member
Do you have independent money or something vikram? How can you afford to dress for mixing with people who live like that?

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+