Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Good weekend? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Good weekend?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was very much a mixed bag. Friday evening I was exhausted, so I just spudded out in front of the telly with some cans of Scrumpy Jack (1 week to pay-day!). Saturday was spent delving into The Room... That's the room we kept all the miscellaneous shit in after we first moved in. The Masketeers are getting under each other's skin and they want their own rooms. We've stored so much shit for the last 10 months... it's unbelievable. Anyhow, a friend rang up and asked if we wanted to go to a Car Boot Sale on Sunday. Coincidence! So we went. It was rubbish. We sold hardly anything, but ended up buying a very cool 30s dressing table. A real bargain. Getting there in the morning was a nightmare. Everything went wrong, and not even in a good-anecdote kind of way. And then the end of the CBS was a big disaster, too. Again, good-anecdote-free. Still, we had a roast chicken and copious beer in the pm.

You?

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My weekend changed course from what I thought it would be on Friday night. I was watching Be Kind Rewind with Louise and I received a phone call from my brother saying he was in town, do I want a drink. I said no, how about tomorrow, because it was about 11pm. He said okay. So I went down the gym on Saturday morning, then tidied, then met my brother and a friend of his on Hornsey road. We came back to the flat, had a drink. Then went for a pizza on Stroud Green road, and had a couple of drinks. Then went to a pub for some drinks. My brother bought sambuccas.

It's now about 5pm. We go back to the flat and Louise is home. We all have a few drinks, and play some Rock Band together. Then we go out to Old Street, to a pub, and have a load more drinks. More sambucca. Then we get a cab home and get some drinks from an offie. We drink them while watching the Miike film 'visitor Q'. Bed around 3 or 4am

Next day, My brother and some girl he met have left the flat. Louise and I throw on some clothes, go in to town. We get a burger and some malt shakes at Hamburger Union. Then we go to the Trocadero and watch 'Eden Lake' at the cinema. Then home. I cook a chilli, Louise crashes on sofa. We eat the chilli, I have some drinks. Evening ends with me watching an episode of Star Trek: TNG off of virgin on-demand, and then reading a copy of 'Rue Morgue', a horror magazine. Asleep by about midnight, quite early, but I was crashing badly from all the booze.

Altogether, a good weekend, but tiring and boozy. Hopefully next weekend can be quieter.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up until, roughly, the Hamburger Union bit, that report was absolutely throbbing with suspense. I was waiting for the "...then the police arrived!" or "...it was the hospital on the phone!" bit. It was quite like a Raymond carver story. I give it 3.5/5

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3.5/5 is pretty bad, sorry everybody. I once won a school prize for writing. Where did that little boy go?
Black Mask

What do you mean? 2.5 is average, so 3.5 is pretty good. Don't give up, dude. Just, you know, try harder next time.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a cold this weekend.
Nosedrips, throatache, bedrest.
Found a generic Hot Lemon Drink in desk drawer.
Drank it then noticed expiry date on packet.
Best Before End: Nov 2002
Much like my TMO persona, I suppose.
Oh for a bottle of Lucozade, some good pills and a duvet on the sofa.

[ 15.09.2008, 09:01: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Babb
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Babb           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ate a massive amount of food. A massive amount of food. I am usually fairly healthy but I was possessed by a desire for LOADS OF JUNK FOOD, including:

Friday night:
A turkey sandwich
Pork scratchings
A savaloy
A sausage in batter
Chips

Saturday
A sausage and egg mcmuffin meal
A ham, cheese and mayo sandwich
A Krispy Kreme (or how ever you spell it)
A 12oz steak
A jacket potatoe
Bernaise sauce
Salad
A belgian waffale with ice cream

Sunday
A sausage and fried egg sandwich
Chips
An ice cream
Roast dinner
Cheesecake

You’ll be pleased to know that I started a detox today.

--------------------
Blah.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Babb:

A post addressed to your own anus.
Novel.

Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I left work so late on Friday I couldn't be bothered to go to the pub. I went home and slept. Saturday I slept very late. Then I did some work from my sofa. I watched Juno and The Notebook later on. Sunday I came into the office.

I don't feel like I've had a weekend.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday night I went for a birthday dinner, then skipped going to some drinks afterwards because I was still enraged. Went home with a couple of friends and accidentally stayed up until 7am drinking, ranting and watching Dexter.

Saturday I got up in the afternoon, bought some decorating equipment and went for a late lunch. Then bumped into lots of people and went to the pub instead of decorating. In the evening I went over to the next phase of the birthday event where I remembered that I was still enraged, did not feel a party vibe, and went home again. Whereupon I could not sleep AT ALL.

Sunday I got up and went to FOUR art exhibitions then had a roast. Then went and watched more Dexter until I was hungry enough to eat pizza. So did.

Babb
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Babb           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:

A post addressed to your own anus.
Novel.

I have been producing some evil farts this weekend. I'm sure my anus is rejoicing about my new regime.

--------------------
Blah.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
my anus

Maybe she should register on TMO. She could be called Ralph 2.0.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see the Cy Twombly exhibition at Tate Modern, and was ENRAGED.

-

Surely this is a joke, got out of hand. He once submitted a painting to a trendy gallery for a laugh, it got put on the wall, other trendy gallery owners thought it must therefore be good, and before you know it his childish scribbles are filling ten rooms of one of the most prestigious art galleries in the world. And I'm no philistine.

What a load of tosh. I like Rothko, and everything.

Also, mood not enhanced by getting caught up in Thames 'festival', which seemed to be yet another reason for annoying forrens to meander slowly past mexican food stalls and tie-died tat.
[Mad]

[ 15.09.2008, 10:07: Message edited by: herbs ]

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did our duty as good American consumers and bought a new car! and it is nice and big and red.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are planning car buying, but not yet, not quite yet.

I can't remember much of the weekend - had a nice meal with family and neighbours on saturday, and watched Blindness (awful) on sunday. The rest of the time was spent with the little man, trying to convince him that it's okay to take naps...

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Kanye West
TMO Member
surely modern art isn't there to demonstrate skill or look pretty - it's either part of a discourse about society and creativity. Any sensually pleasing side effects are just a bonus. Plus, that piece you've posted up is so incomprehensible / meaningless to the uninformed, that it paradoxically becomes something that will be championed by philistine idiots like myself who feel that the less they understand something, the more culturally important it must be, and the better they can impress their pals by expressing positive sentiment towards it. That's the problem with Tate modern as a whole - without context, a lot of this stuff is just a baffling celebration of art as a general concept.

Of course, since the market for loft art supernova'd into an all-compassing drive for art to look cool and trendy hanging over or sitting next to a stylish leather three piece, the boundary between 'modern art' as a commodity and a cynical interior design ploy has probably been eroded to the point where meaning no longer has any...meaning. Or something. Or nothing! I literally haven't got a fucking clue what I'm talking about!

*buys Tate modern mug*

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by rooster:
We did our duty as good American consumers and bought a new car! and it is nice and big and red.

Is a V8? If not, you're basically admitting your love of communism (and probably terrorism). At least tell me it's good old Detroit metal...
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, it's a V6, and is a Toyota, but it does get less than 20 miles to the gallon!
herbs

quote:
that piece you've posted up is so incomprehensible / meaningless to the uninformed...
Well, indeed. It says nothing without explanation, which could be argued to be a weakness. But most of the time, once the Tate Modern has explained what the art means, I can at least appreciate where the artist is coming from. But with this, even after reading the (lengthy) explanatory waffle, I still thought 'what a load of shit'.

"The title of the series – Bacchus, Psilax, Mainomenos– refers to the dual and almost schizophrenic nature of the god, oscillating between pleasure and sensual release (psilax), and debauchery bordering on the nihilistic (mainomenos). This schism is echoed in the paintings’ ricochet between euphoric loops that soar upwards and sanguine floods of paint that seep, ooze and cascade down the canvas."

Quite.

Kanye West
TMO Member
yes, that does sound like a piss take.
Black Mask

Cy Twombly is an anagram of Mmm Wot a **** .

--------------------
sweet

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sex, drugs and a pretty yummy sunday roast. quite a good weekend
Kanye West
TMO Member
seeing as you're all so interested - Eden Lake is good. When watching it, if you listen carefully, you can here TMO's own Ben whispering gently

'LOL - that's the spirit, little ones'.

It's grim, but you can't help but cheer on the little tykes when they start really laying into the terrorised couple. Good stanley knife action.

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Cy Twombly is an anagram of Mmm Wot a **** .

That's not actually true. However, Cy Twombly's Art is an anagram of Blow My Rat Cyst.

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
Be Kind Rewind is not so good. I watched it, but it failed to reach me on an emotional level, like the sigh from an old woman as you strangle her for kicks.

[ 15.09.2008, 10:58: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

vikram

oh and i managed to buy: a 2.2kg free range chicken, 2kg of potatoes, brokley, carrots, cauliflowers, some herbs, fresh poultry gravy, goose fat, belgian chocolate tart, single cream and a roll of tin foil for £19.40. which is pretty good i think.

but have you seen the price of bread recently? omgz

Kanye West
TMO Member
ICELAND BROKLEY - TASTES JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!
vikram

tesco metro bishopsgate actually!
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
seeing as you're all so interested - Eden Lake is good. When watching it, if you listen carefully, you can here TMO's own Ben whispering gently

'LOL - that's the spirit, little ones'.

It's grim, but you can't help but cheer on the little tykes when they start really laying into the terrorised couple. Good stanley knife action.

I worked on the trailer for this (basically trying to get money for the feature) as an assistant grip. Nothing more to add, really.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Kanye West
TMO Member
I see.
herbs

I don't.

What does the non-assistant grip do? Grip harder?

Kanye West
TMO Member
the non-assistant grip tells the assistant grip what to do.
Kanye West
TMO Member
for btb, it probably means standing around in the pissing rain at 5.30 am while a man goes "BOOM IN SHOT! BOOM IN SHOT! FOR FUCKS SAKE!"

[ 15.09.2008, 12:29: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
again, I should point out, I'm totally clueless here, I'm just making stuff up because I like the sound of my own voice.
missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My weekend was pretty good overall.

Friday - was pretty hungover after staying up til 3am on thursday drinking honey rum and making the most of last few days off work. Was planning on staying in but then mates phoned to say they had booked hol with xl and needed to drown sorrows, so we got some chips to load up on carbs and cure hangover, then went round to theirs for booze and talking nonsense til 1am.

Saturday - lazy day, ate hot dogs and watched The Princess Bride and lots of early House. In the evening we went to Pizza Express then a local cocktail bar til about 1am, drinking with the staff and only paying for half the drinks we had, bonus. Home for more honey rum until about 3.

Sunday - smoked salmon bagels and pile of sunday papers. Went to my mums for a bit, then home for more House and lovely roast lamb and bread and butter pudding.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+