Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Work Fun

Author Topic: Work Fun
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plugging away all day at something dull on a screen, it's the little things that help to keep boredom at bay.

How do you make work more enjoyable?

Poster Fist

I've got a colleague who gets songs stuck in his head really easily. Not whole songs, but repetive riffs and melodies. Last week it was the Imperial March from Star Wars. He hummed it to himself over and over again for the entire week and by Friday was cursing himself every time dum dum der-dum, dum di-dum, dum di-dum came out of his mouth.

I've found it pretty entertaining to plant songs in his head. This is achieved by repeatedly playing something a little bit too loud on my headphones as he walks by. Or by removing the 'phones to ask him something and letting a bit of the tune leak out.

This week, I've got him humming the riff from the B-52's 1978 debut Rock Lobster.

[Smile]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, now you've done it... [Frown]
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. I didn't realise it worked over the Internet!
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm singing the lyrics from Rock Lobster to the Star Wars tune now. [Mad]

Actually, it's pretty good. Yeah, turn it up a bit.

Dum-dum da dum-dum da
Here comes a stingray
Dum-dum da dum-dum da
There goes a manta-ray
In walked a jelly fish
There goes a dogfish
Chased by a catfish

No, I've gone off it now.

I said, I've gone off it now. Helloooo. Oh bollocks.

MiscellaneousFiles

May the claws be with you, etc.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can't be that hard to play can it. That's my evening sorted.
MiscellaneousFiles

code:
--------------------
--------------------
------------1---1-0-
---0-1--0-----3-----
3---------3---------
--------------------

Apparently.
squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate that song.

Oh, to make office life more interesting I walk around and turn peoples monitors off when they are not at their desks. It takes them ages to figure it out because at first they think the PC has gone to sleep. Often they will push the power button on the PC itself, forcing a re-start which leads to possible loss of work. And I do my evil laugh in the background.

Another good one is swapping telephone receivers if the phones are next to each other (sadly a rare occurrence). Ahhhh, how we laugh...

--------------------
supa scrub

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changing peoples screensavers or startup tune to The Blue Oyster theme music. Awesome.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently - writing my CV..
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try and find excuses to go and talk to the boy in accounts with the tufty hair and the shy smile. I managed to do this five times yesterday. I'm a bit stuck today, though. Any ideas?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+