Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Rants » RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT. Console me if you want. (Page 9)

This topic is comprised of pages: 10 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT. Console me if you want.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
 -
Oops!

Oh bokloks.
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
weirdo ralph ain't that much of a freak

[ 01.11.2006, 10:09: Message edited by: vikram ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shut up vikram
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germans do it too. But rather well. There was that lovely old couple, with lots of original art and Eames furniture, on Grand Designs who built a Huf house in their wood.
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually i like the idea of kit houses. there isn't really a compelling reason to build with bricks. and of course it'd save time and money. we brits are really quite silly when it comes to our castles.
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Germans do it too. But rather well. There was that lovely old couple, with lots of original art and Eames furniture, on Grand Designs who built a Huf house in their wood.

-
You'd have difficulty hiding from trick or treaters in that.

herbs

That's what the basement's for. That little slot is to peer out of to see if they've gone.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't want the task of cleaning egg off all those windows...
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man from the insurance just phoned up and he was all 'Why didn't you report it straight away' (because I told the police the next morning, not the same night, though I cancelled all my cards etc) and stuff, like he didn't believe I'd really had my bag nicked! Is that normal, for them to act like you are lying and scamming? Ffs. I suppose they have to check for fraudulent claims and stuff but it's like hello, I am not evil.

[ 10.11.2006, 05:04: Message edited by: London ]

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the same company you claimed from when your bike was stolen ?

I guess maybe it's just their job - But you have a had a run of bad luck in the getting things nicked department..

Why did you wait till the next day to report it ? I'm guessing here that you reported the credit cards as nicked on the night they were nicked ?

Hopefully they'll fully reimburse you soon.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Cactus
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Cactus           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately London, the job description of the man that phoned you is "Find any tiny weak link in the story and keep poking at that link to try to discover some way to not pay out insurance to this person who has been paying us money every month in the foolish assumption that if something is stolen then we will courteously pay out for it".

Insurance companies are mostly evil and they'll probably ask you the same questions several times but in slightly different ways to see if you give a different answer so they can then throw that back at you and basically accuse you of selling your stuff down at a car boot sale and then claiming for it on the insurance.

Good luck with it and hope it all gets sorted.

London

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Is it the same company you claimed from when your bike was stolen ?

I guess maybe it's just their job - But you have a had a run of bad luck in the getting things nicked department..

Why did you wait till the next day to report it ? I'm guessing here that you reported the credit cards as nicked on the night they were nicked ?

Hopefully they'll fully reimburse you soon.

Yeah, my bike was nicked in September so they probably think I'm little miss fraudulent claims. I cancelled the cards and the phone and I told the pub it had gone, but it was the middle of the night and my local police station is only open between 10am and 2pm in the week... I couldn't see the point in calling the police, didn't think they'd be able to do anything, so I just reported it online the next day. I saw reporting it to the police as a formality as I didn't think they'd actually do shit about it. I did hope the pub would go through their CCTV footage but they didn't offer to so maybe they don't have it. Wargh it is not fucking fair. I'd much rather have my lovely bag, my ropey old iPod, my lovely glasses and my hand-written diary full of intrigue than go through all this fucking shit, so it really feels insulting that they're treating me like I'm the criminal. But I guess, like you say Cactus, it's just their job.

*punches self in face*

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*punches london in face*
London

Oh right, no wonder:

http://www.conversantdata.com/media_centre.asp

"Fraud detection start-up Conversant Data claims it has received interest from leading insurance companies about its psychological fraud-detection techniques."

No wonder I feel like I've been accused of a fucking crime - I basically have been. This is bullshit. I'd a million times rather have all my stuff from my bag than go through this crap. I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY.

[ 10.11.2006, 05:34: Message edited by: London ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*punches london in face*
London

STOP FUCKING PUNCHING ME IN THE FUCKING FACE
London

Oh wow, they really do think I'm a criminal. I've just found this letter from the insurance about my locks - I didn't read it properly but it said 'Please utilise the services of a locksmith and forward the invoice for CONSIDERATION once Conversant claims have validated your claim on our behalf.' So... I mean, I'm not lying about having my bag nicked, but if these people say I am, do I not get my stuff replaced? How is that fucking fair?
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's normal procedure for insurance companies to treat you as a criminal firstly. If you persevere and give straightforward, honest answers to any doubts they raise then they should pay out. The accusations bit is almost a formality.

I had the most incredibly rude letter from the insurers of the driver that knocked me off my bike a few years ago, even though it was blatantly his fault and I had a witness to confirm it. They even included some rambling nonsense about me being a cycle courier and how they are all nutters and frankly deserve to die anyway, preferably in great pain. It makes you want to go round and kick their heads in, which is probably what they're trying to incite. If you just ignore it and stay calm then they usually just *sigh* and go, "Oh alright then, here's the cash."

Can't guarantee that'll happen, but that's my experience like.

Dedalus
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Dedalus           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have to put "for consideration" so that it doesn't imply that they will automatically pay out. Just keep telling them the truth and I'm sure it'll be fine.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've lost me a bit, now, because that sounds pretty standard. How else would you expect them to do it? You make the claim, someone validates it, you get your money. How is that unfair? How is that a remarkable, unfair process? Unless they don't validate it, but that hasn't happened yet, and even then it's possible to contest the claim. Maybe I've misunderstood but saying "If you send us the locksmith receipt, we'll stick it in with the rest once the rubber stamp gets done" isn't that unfair or unusual. I know insurance companies can be c**ts, but they haven't even turned down your claim yet.
Dedalus
TMO Member
...despite it being fraudulent.
London

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
You've lost me a bit, now, because that sounds pretty standard. How else would you expect them to do it? You make the claim, someone validates it, you get your money. How is that unfair? How is that a remarkable, unfair process? Unless they don't validate it, but that hasn't happened yet, and even then it's possible to contest the claim. Maybe I've misunderstood but saying "If you send us the locksmith receipt, we'll stick it in with the rest once the rubber stamp gets done" isn't that unfair or unusual. I know insurance companies can be c**ts, but they haven't even turned down your claim yet.

I know, I just think I'm feeling all wierded out and huffy because I feel like I've been accused of a crime. It's not a nice feeling. And angry because I'd so much rather have my stuff than go through this. But if this is normal then I shall try to be [Cool] about things.

[ 10.11.2006, 06:24: Message edited by: London ]

London

Gasp! The lack of awesomeness continues!!!! Whoever stole my bag has been cashing cheques on my account and has thus far spent approx £450 of my money, if not more! FUCKING FUCK FUCK FU
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

[ 17.11.2006, 04:54: Message edited by: London ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOF!! That is fucking galling. What did your bank people say?
London

They're going to send me some form and stuff - they haven't said anything decisive yet. But the card the thief was using to guarantee the cheques had been stopped the night the bag was taken, so I don't see how I can be held liable. Though I didn't stop the chequebook because I didn't know it was in my bag...
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does that work then ? Is the money now missing off your account ?

Or are the cheques uncashed ?

How will cheques work with the whole pin and chip system ?

Bad luck Londie, may the Christmas season cheer you and warm the heartles of your cock..

[ 17.11.2006, 05:34: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

herbs

I shouldn't think it will be a problem Londie. It's the bank's responsibility to ensure that the person signing the cheque is the person who holds that account, and if they don't they're liable.

I had a cad take thaasands out of my account using counter cheques, and a fake driving licence. Bank didn't have a leg to stand on.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit unrelated, but:

Do any of you read the Martin's Money-Saving Tips email newsletter?

There's a bit about claiming all bank charges back from banks for bounced cheques and the like. They're only allowed to charge you in proportion to the cost incurred to them, so £35 for each bounced cheque is obviously way too much for them issuing an automated letter, and you are within your rights to demand the money back. I might have a pop myself for the three bounced cheques they've done me out of recently.

Nothing to do with London's sorry predicament, but hey ho there you go.

Dedalus
TMO Member
I wrote a letter like that to the bank when I was a student and had been charged about £30 for going over my overdraft limit (a feat which involved running from one cash point to another to withdraw my last £20 several times before the bank's computer realised) and I got no response.

I was really on my high horse, too. [Frown]

eta - that was in 1993 though. [student grant]I imagine banks are more concerned with customer opinion now, and less all about making lots of money. [/student grant]

[ 17.11.2006, 05:30: Message edited by: Dedalus ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm real sorry to hear that Amp. [Frown]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thieving cnuts.

Threaten to change banks if they aren't reasonable about this.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
London - don't panic. You should be fine as long as you didn't breach the normal security process at all, i.e. you didn't have a note of your PIN in your purse, (or a stencil of your signature for cheque-forging purposes!)

I made the mistake once of having a PIN number in my purse for a little-used savings account which had a cashpoint card, and when my purse was robbed in the pub on the Friday night they took the maximum cash out both days at the weekend so by the time they stopped the card on the Monday I was £400 worse off, with no recourse as it was my own security lapse which meant they could withdraw it.

But I'm sure you're not as silly as me.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the process of threatening to take my bank to court for their charges - it's a stupid process of pointing out that their charges are illegal, them apoligising but saying they can't do anything, you taking them to a small claims court, them settling out of court for fear of setting a precedent - as long as you are sueing for less than 5000 you're okay. A mate did it too, and just got 1400 out of 1500 settled.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

London

No, no PIN: I'm just a bit worried because I didn't stop the cheque book because I didn't know it was in there. But I stopped all my credit/ debit / cheque guarantee cards so I'm hoping that will protect me.

why is this happening to me [Frown]

eta: god sorry i'm just repeating myself now aren't i?

*goes to have lie-down*

[ 17.11.2006, 06:58: Message edited by: London ]

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only charges i get are for one of those value added accounts where they give me AA membership, mobile insurance, travel insurance etc etc. I don't feel I can really complain about this.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

This topic is comprised of pages: 10 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+