Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » The TMO Virtual Soap Opera (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: The TMO Virtual Soap Opera
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I have recently been playing a PC game by the name of The Sims 2. If you haven't heard of The Sims franchise, then here's a quote from the developers:

quote:
In the The Sims 2, you direct your Sims over a lifetime and mix their genes from one generation to the next. You set your Sims' goals in life; fame, fortune, family, romance or knowledge. Give them a long, successful existence or leave their lives in shambles. Take them to extremes, from getting busted to seeing a ghost, from marrying an alien to writing a great novel. Unleash your creativity with the all-new Create-A-Sim feature, new building options, and the new in-game movie camera. Get ready to mix their genes, fulfill their dreams, and push them to extremes. What do you want to do with your Sims' lives?
When you start out, you are prompted to create a group of Sims who will live in the same house. Their appearance is highly customizable, and the latest version of the game has graphics of sufficient quality to create some quite accurate representations of real folk, like you and me. You can also define their personalities and aspirations using sliders (Grouchy-Nice, Lazy-Active, Sloppy-Neat, etc).

Last night, I decided to create a TMO house. Using old meat photos, I have modelled a wonderful cast of characters: NWoD, Kovacs, London, Mart, SamuelNorton, Vogon Poetess and Ringo. I am yet to design a house for this most magnificent of sevens. When this is complete, I will give them free will and they will interact with each other, based on their personalities. So what will happen?

Will Mart and SN decide to share a bedroom?
Will Ringo get it on with the maid?
Will Kovacs write that bestseller?
Will VP and NWoD produce offspring?

Luckily you will soon find out, as The Sims 2 allows you to take screen grabs and even make short video clips. And so begins The TMO Virtual Soap Opera. The first episode will be posted on this thread tomorrow morning.

If anyone would particularly like to be included in this unholy experiment, then please post here and let me know. With sufficient photographic source material, I will happily model you and add you to the house.

Your virtual fate is, to some extent, in my hands.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
This tops my 'Property of Michael Television' thread I have been toying with for some time now.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

Oh and I've finally got the nude patch working.

[Big Grin]

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Needs more birds.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Mart
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
Sim Jesus!
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Oh and I've finally got the nude patch working.

[Big Grin]

Ok, then go into 'options' and scroll down to 'character modelling' and choose 'New Way Of Decay' Skip past all the clothing options until you reach 'genitalia scaling' Add a decimal point in the field.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Needs more birds.

OK, agreed. Any suggestions?

I've found out that you can only have a maximum of eight sims per house, so I may have to create two groups, living as neighbours. Any preference over who you live with?

Ringo

I would rather not live with mart or VP. I am indifferent towards London.
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Any preference over who you live with?

No, as long as I don't start a homosexual relationship, I'll be happy.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

lollop

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Ok, then go into 'options' and scroll down to 'character modelling' and choose 'New Way Of Decay' Skip past all the clothing options until you reach 'genitalia scaling' Add a decimal point in the field.

The modelling tutorial says that you should start with the person's most recognisable feature. So getting to grips with your micro-dong was my first step.

[Wink]

I need to know everyone's main aspiration. You can choose from the following:

• Family
  • Knowledge
  • Romance
  • Popularity
  • Wealth

mart
Mine, sadly, is probably popularity.

Why doesn't Bumgo want to live with me?

New Way Of Decay

quote:
  • Family
  • Knowledge
  • Romance
  • Popularity
  • Wealth

You need to describe briefly what each of these will do, or is that the excitement, cos if so, I'll go for romance. Wonky Wankle!

--------------------

Ringo

Cars?

I dunno, romance and wealth are always pretty good to start with.

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Why doesn't Bumgo want to live with me?

because you're the kind of person who thinks replacing a syllable of a persons name with the word Bum is a legitimate insult?
mart
I see what you mean.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
Do your sims have to live in a house? Can they live in the gutter? Can I be in it? In the gutter?

Also - Isn't TMO already close enough to being a virtual soap opera? It's a shame you can't do a TMO Doom 3 or something - how much scarier would those spiders be if they came scuttling towards you with Raz's face on?

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
I would argue my case for being in the TMO house as a) I'm a "bird" b) I'm London's sister c) it's the closest I'll probably get to being on Big Brother

--------------------
uberwench

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you 'indifferent' towards living with me, Ringo? That's horrible. I hate you already.

I'll have wealth if nobody else wants it.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
You need to describe briefly what each of these will do...

quote:
-Family-
-Preferred Careers: None
-Skill Bent: Cooking and Cleaning

Family Sims are the happiest at the center of a large family. A Sim with the Family Aspiration dedicates his/her life to the enrichment and expansion of his/her family. A Family Sim wants to fall in love, get engaged, marry, and have children. Once he/she has children, he/she wants to have more(go figure). Wants them to learn all they can, and wants to be the one to teach them. He/She also wants his or her relatives to succeed, and to encourage his children to have constant interactions with family members. The Family Sim can fear losing a family member, being cheated on, or possibly having the Social worker arriving at their home.
  • A teen with that aspiration usually wants to "Go Steady".
  • Should be good at cooking to feed the family with more satifying meals..and a good cleaning skill to tidy up around the house...

-Fortune-
-Perferred Careers: Buisness, Athletic, Criminal, and Medical.
-Skill Bent: Creativity and whatever needed to advance in career.
  • Fortune Sims are all about simoleans. Anything that doesn't involve the acquisition of money or stuff is not really on their radar.
  • Fortune Sims need time to reach the top of their careers.
  • Career is more important for this Aspiration than any other; Fortune Sims are the only Sims who won't sacrifice career success for other Wants.
  • Because they'll need lots of exta money, Fortune Sims want to sell novels and paintings.
  • Playful/Serious to maximize your Creativity. Creativity can do double duty if you limit your Fortune Sim to a Criminal & Buisness fields that also require this skill.

-Knowledge-
-Preferred Careers: Science & Medicine
-Skill Bent: All

A Knowledge Sim wants experiences that involve learning even if the lessons are some of lifes darker ones.
  • Skill building is a major preoccupation of Knowledge Sims, and they get their best aspiration score by maxing out several...They really want to know how to repair things, especially if they're serious, and how to cook every type of food.
  • They often hanker to see the ghosts of other Sims or possibly be abducted by aliens (several times if possible) and be saved from death.
When their Mood is low Knowledge Sims want to buy items that feed their thirst for knowledge; bookcases, telescopes.

-Popularity-
-Preferred Careers: Politics, Military, and Atletic.
-Skill bent: Charisma
  • Popularity Sims crave companionship and collect friends like trading cards.
  • All they want is to be liked...they really want to throw successful parties and always be making friends.
  • They particularly want to beat the reaper to save another sims life...(making them a great roomate for knowledge Sims..of course since they like near death expierences and being saved.)
  • Most of their careers are based around being well-known so Charisma is perfect for every Popularity Sim.
  • Try to make them very outgoing so they open up to other Sims...and so they're not so modest and don't mind taking a pee on a bush.

-Romance-
-Preferred Career: Slacker
-Skill bent: Creativity & Charisma

Romance sims are all about romantic conquest. Some of their wants can consist of WooHoo'ing with 3 or maybe 5 different Sims!! It can get a little hard to balance but thats why there are these Sims...to give you a challenge...They are usually very happy when they have more than one love at once.
  • In romance it's alot harder to fulfill the wants because of jealousy which is the biggest pitfall with this aspiration.
  • They are very social and LOVE people..but it can get annoying.

Ringo

Indifference is the feeling you get when you have no strong feelings in either direction. There are no reasons for indifference, it's very nature rules out the possibility of any reason.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be in? I am a bird, just. I believe there is sufficient photographic representation of me on meat.net, though I'd like to point out that my hair is now longer, and my tits bigger. Honest.

As for aspirations, it's a toss-up between popularit and knowledge. And romance. Fortune and familee can kiss mi flabbu white ass.

(mi whi kei isn't working. weird.)

MiscellaneousFiles

To clarify: WooHoo = sex
Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
God, I hate it when mi whi kei isn't working. You have my sympathies, herbs.

My aspiration is Romance. Natch.

--------------------
uberwench

MiscellaneousFiles

Although the facial customizations are pretty thorough, there are only two options for body type. One is slim, the other has a bit of a gut and a chubby arse. I'll decide who gets what unless you specify.

[Smile]

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Although the facial customizations are pretty thorough, there are only two options for body type. One is slim, the other has a bit of a gut and a chubby arse. I'll decide who gets what unless you specify.

But I am slim with a chubby arse! [Frown]

--------------------

Ringo

Dude you haven't even got an arse!
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
You should have Kevin Bacon in your house. And the Hilton sisters.
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Dude you haven't even got an arse!

What are you talking about? It's m(ass)ive!

I would like you to draw an MSPainting of what you think my physique looks like. Then we'll compare it to the picture Louche posted of me blowing bubbles from Mancmeat.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
But I am slim with a chubby arse! [Frown]

Also, for some reason, you can't define the height of your sim. Because of your diminutive stature, I can make you as a teen if you like. That means you don't have to get a job and you get to wear cooler threads, but you might have to ask uncle Kovacs for occasional help with your homework. It's your choice!

Also - if you're a teen, you can pull the neighbourhood's teen chicks.

[Wink]

[ 13.10.2004, 06:35: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Ringo

Let me get this straight, you want me to spend my lunch break drawing naked pictures of you in the middle of my office using MSPaint?

Anway, if you think it's so big, I challenge you to an arse-off. We'll soon see who has the mightiest buttocks.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
You should have Kevin Bacon in your house. And the Hilton sisters.

I could add a sleb house filled with a range of top slebs who could occasionally pop over to the TMO houses for a coffee. They could also become romantically linked with TMO sims, but I wonder if this would devalue the original concept of the soap. Perhaps this would be better left to a later season, when the characters are getting bored of each other (see Friends).
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Because of your diminutive stature, I can make you as a teen if you like. That means you don't have to get a job and you get to wear cooler threads, but you might have to ask uncle Kovacs for occasional help with your homework. It's your choice!

Also - if you're a teen, you can pull the neighbourhood's teen chicks.

This sounds distinctly like me actually, but it's up to you. Of course, there will be no other teen chicks and I will spend the time in my room, measuring my penis and wanking off to Smash Hits. Although anything to help the illusion.

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Let me get this straight, you want me to spend my lunch break drawing naked pictures of you in the middle of my office using MSPaint?

Anway, if you think it's so big, I challenge you to an arse-off. We'll soon see who has the mightiest buttocks.

Yes. What did you think I meant?

We've already had an arse off, at HeatMeat, but the photo is on my pc at home! [Mad]

--------------------

Ringo

Hmm, perhaps we need to just.... drop the arse thing...

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+