Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » The TMO Virtual Soap Opera (Page 8)

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: The TMO Virtual Soap Opera
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Misc - all of this is really appreciated, and as offered if I can help just say so - waynster at gmail if you need to pm.

Also this weekend I will have a go at creating some more bods, so I might need a little guidance - can you mail me a few pointers?

Top work fellah.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I realised that I have a real life, aside from the sim world.

Hahahaha, nice try, but we know you live in Newbury.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
Misc - all of this is really appreciated, and as offered if I can help just say so - waynster at gmail if you need to pm.

Thanks for your offer of help, Waynster. The problem I see is that by far the easiest way of creating a sim is to use the in game tools. I haven't yet figured out a way to export sims from the game. I assume it is possible, somehow, but for some reason, I don't have the game's manual. Obviously we'd need to be able to do this, in order that all the TMO sims could live in the same neighbourhood, and therefore interact with each other.

The other option is to use the bundled BodyShop desktop program to create your sims. For some reason this has a different interface and I find it much more difficult to use. However I believe you can package and export sims from this app.

If you can find a way of doing this, then I would definitely be glad of the help, but I'd hate for you to go to all the effort of creating sims, and then find them stuck in their own neighbourhood on your PC, unable to join (and make WooHoo with) the delicately crafted sims who live in my computer.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
quote:
I realised that I have a real life, aside from the sim world.

Hahahaha, nice try, but we know you live in Newbury.
Watch it with the little comments, Vogon, or you might find your sim-self stuck in a doorless room full of cloned zombie Steelgates, with Kovacs watching through the window.

-

[ 15.10.2004, 05:16: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
Miscus - I believe that I have the sims 2 manual. As I am at home today with conjunctivitis in both eyes, I will feel around for it with my fingertips and if I can locate it and any info therein on exporting, I shall post it for you. Or would you prefer that I mailed it to you?

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that Madonna in her Like-A-Virgin outfit? The one with her hands in the air.
funkypurplepants
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for funkypurplepants           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You've got a place in TMOH4. Guaranteed.

yaaay! thank you man

[ 15.10.2004, 05:36: Message edited by: funkypurplepants ]

--------------------
tomboy

Waynster

quote:
I haven't yet figured out a way to export sims from the game. I assume it is possible, somehow, but for some reason, I don't have the game's manual. Obviously we'd need to be able to do this, in order that all the TMO sims could live in the same neighbourhood, and therefore interact with each other.

The other option is to use the bundled BodyShop desktop program to create your sims. For some reason this has a different interface and I find it much more difficult to use. However I believe you can package and export sims from this app.

If you can find a way of doing this, then I would definitely be glad of the help, but I'd hate for you to go to all the effort of creating sims, and then find them stuck in their own neighbourhood on your PC, unable to join (and make WooHoo with) the delicately crafted sims who live in my computer.

Well seeing that we tried to download a hacked version last week, and the missus couldn't wait, she went out and got a legit one, with a manual, but it may well be in Dutch. However I am sure with a bit of reading and translating we should be able to hash something from it all. Plus maybe there is some stuff of the interweb about said thing - I know there are hundreds of sites you can upload to - maybe there is something there. I'll get Kiki to look into it...

Edit: Kiki, if you read this (she doth lurk), Darling can you have a look into Misc's issues, seeing you are a bit of an oracle on all things simmy? Thanks Sweetie.

[ 15.10.2004, 05:32: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Sidney:
Miscus - I believe that I have the sims 2 manual. As I am at home today with conjunctivitis in both eyes, I will feel around for it with my fingertips and if I can locate it and any info therein on exporting, I shall post it for you. Or would you prefer that I mailed it to you?

Cheers for your help, Sidney. Just post it up here if that's ok. Hope your conjunctive-eye-tus clears up soon. I don't think I've installed the Sore eyes & blindness mod yet...

[Wink]

quote:
However I am sure with a bit of reading and translating we should be able to hash something from it all.

Thanks mate. I'd really like this to work as a community effort. That should make it much more managable, and maybe even allow me time for a real life, too!

quote:
Darling can you have a look into Misc's issues.
Christ! Don't go there...
Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Well. I have been through the manual and the only thing that I can find that may be relevant is a paragraph on 'packaging lots or families'. This is what it says;

quote:
Lots and families can be uploaded to the web by clicking the PACKAGE LOT TO THESIMS2.COM button found on the More Information panel of the Lot Popup Info panel. What do you do? Select a lot. Make sure you have an internet connection. Now click the Package Lot to TheSims2.com icon. Use your user name and password to login to TheSims2.com. Write a description (this appears on TheSims2.com exchange next to your Lot Download). And you have sent your Lot to the website! You also have the option to create a file of this lot as well. This enables you to share Lots with friends and does not upload the selected Lot to the website. Note: you can only package a Family for uploading if it lives on a Lot, they can't just go as a family. All Lots can be uploaded: occupied/unoccupied or community.
Being a tech-rett, I have no idea at all whether this will be of any use to you. Even if it is, it seems that you have to register with the website before you can use it, which seems like a hassle. However, there is nothing else in the manual that even remotely relates to exporting/uploading whatevs. I will try to check out the website, just in case there is anything there.

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Sidney:
Being a tech-rett, I have no idea at all whether this will be of any use to you. Even if it is, it seems that you have to register with the website before you can use it, which seems like a hassle.

Not just a hassle - I'm running a downloaded copy of The Sims 2, so I won't be able to register unless I buy a copy.

However, if everyone who wants to be included sends me £1, I should be able to afford a legit copy.

[Wink]

Waynster

Rats Cocks if you are running illegal dude:

quote:

Sims are added to the Exchange through The Sims 2 Body Shop tool. You must be Product Registered to add Assets to the Exchange.

From within The Sims 2 Body Shop tool, create your Sim.
In the "Build Sims" section of The Sims 2 Body Shop, click the "Package Sims" box.
In the next screen you will see a thumbnail view of all of your Sims. Select the Sim you wish to upload.
In the bottom right corner, note the 2 icons. Select the right icon with the rollover text, "Package Sim to the Sims2.com".
A login box will appear. Type in your account name and password.
Enter a Name and Description for your Sim.
Click accept. Your Sim is now being packaged and sent to www.theSims2.com
Visit the Exchange to see your Sim!

[ 15.10.2004, 06:21: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------

Waynster

However this is not all bad as K has a legal one, and maybe there will be someone who can hack around it somewhere.

--------------------

Waynster

Of course we could just get one account and share it - that way we can all upload and download - I don't think EA will rely on IP security data for logging in will they?

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
quote:
From within The Sims 2 Body Shop tool, create your Sim.
In the "Build Sims" section of The Sims 2 Body Shop, click the "Package Sims" box.

Argh - so you can only package sims you've created using the horrible Body Shop tool, and not the in-game sim creation tools?

[Frown]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Argh - so you can only package sims you've created using the horrible Body Shop tool, and not the in-game sim creation tools?

[Frown]

oh it isn't as bad as you might think, it will take you time to adjust. I really want to have a go at this, but I have no monitor for my pc at the moment and am trying to save desperately to get myself a flatscreen. Also, Misc, Cubase... which version do you use, and I know it isn't legit, so don't even try to tell em it is. Driving the production houses out. Thats what you're doing.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

Also, I'm sorry about this kiki, but knowing you exist has put a weird image in my mind. I am reminded of the CKY4 DVD where they are chasing the cat with the litter tray because it is supposed to be using it and Raab Himself is chasing the kitty across a field and saying 'Keeeeeekeeeeeeee, you neeeeeeed to use you sheeeeeetbox keeeeeekeeeeeee'

This has also conjured an image of you made of cat, sat at a desk looking feline disgruntled and pawing the mouse so that it shuts down the bworser. Whiskers twitching.

[Frown]

eta; bworser! lol

[ 15.10.2004, 06:43: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we could lease a legal copy of it for TMO use - Might be fun.

It might be an idea to somehow included the xperiment as part of the site rather than just on this thread - Drop me a mil Misc if you think it's a viable idea...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
It might be an idea to somehow included the xperiment as part of the site rather than just on this thread - Drop me a mil Misc if you think it's a viable idea...

How would that work?
[Confused]

I was thinking of hosting a blog-style site for the TMOsims. That way I can easily add episodes without clogging up TMO. I'd be honoured if you'd link to it on your sexy left-hand menu, though.

I've found a tutorial on how to use the Body Shop and I think it might be more usefool than the in-game thing, once I've got my head around it. I might even be able to give you chaps a preview before I add you to the game. But at the moment, it seems I have to create a whole house in one go. This means that I can't (to my knowledge) put four sims in a house and then add more sims to the same house at a later date.

So TMOH1 is already up and running. I won't lanch TMOH2 until I've created all eight members and got approval from their real life counterparts.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to play too! Unfortunately when I went into Game yesterday witht he intention of purchasing Sims2, I ended up coming out with Tony Hawks Underground 2 and Resident Evil Outbreak. I'm not sure how this happened, and I can only apologise.

On the other hand, if anyone would like me to have a go at creating a Pro Sk8r version of them, please let me know.

New Way Of Decay

That would be a rad idea. People could download the characters you've created. That way it is a useful resource as well. You guys should amalgamate the ideas to provide the TMO front page with some fresh content!

--------------------

Waynster

Ok people my better half informs me she has not yet registered for a username with her legit copy, and as long as its not abused (she uses the message boards on there see - quite whats wrong with TMO I don't know....) - anyway I digress - she says we can have a shared profile for upping and downing TMO bods.

--------------------

Waynster

Misc - She also tells me she has an electronic version of the manual at home if you want it - mail me at gmail with your email address and I'll fire it over.

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
let me look into it Misc, Imay have TMO blog software already installed and available to integrate to the main site on my server..

I need to check, but I think it can be done.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Waynster

Hi mate

If not I can help out - I am running two different bloggers at the moment which should be able to run in parallel.

Such a cool techno-social experiment!

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
let me look into it Misc, Imay have TMO blog software already installed and available to integrate to the main site on my server.

That would be [cartman]sweet[/cartman].
Thanks for all your help, guys.

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea of evening the work-load of sim modelling, but it seems there might be issues of compromised objectivity. For example, if I were to sim model myself, I might be tempted to, erm, model in certain enhancements, such as omitting some of the extra padding around the middle.

Though this could also be an exercise in the skew of self-perception. I have a sim at home which I modeled and Rooster says looks fairly realistic. Perhaps I should post a picture alongside whatever sim-me that Misc comes up with, for everyone to critique and laugh at and so forth.

Or perhaps not.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 
There are cheat codes. To enter a cheat code hit: CTRL+SHIFT+C at the same time. In the white box type a code then hit return.

aging off turns off aging, but turn it back on (aging on) or your babies will never get older

motherlode gives you 50,000 simoleons
moveobjects on alllows you to move things around when you are in "buy mode" including deleting weeds and removing naked people from showers

exit exits the white box if you get stuck in there

----------------------------------

Benefit of getting the DVD version, User Manual

Body Shop tutorial

quote:

Sims2_BodyMod2004: Are there plans to allow users to modify/add to sim meshes in the future, including importing custom-made 3D models? If so, what 3D packages are planned to be supported?
MaxisDarren: The plan is to add mesh export/import capabilities, but that's in the future. When we do that, we're going to do our best to make them in a universal 3D file format, so it will be tool independent.

---------------------------
Official EA Body Shop Tutorial

Still looking around for a way to export.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
{Clears throat} Excuse me... Doesn't anyone find all this a bit weird?

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

Episode IV Spoilers:

-

-

-

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that really VP in her pants thinking fondly of Snorton? That's just wrong.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
Fucking Hell, you're in big trouble this time, Ripley.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:
Is that really VP in her pants thinking fondly of Snorton? That's just wrong.

I'm now getting scared. If I get to fuck Vogon or something equally tasteless I am going to ignore this thread.

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on Sam, you must be just a little sim-curious.
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:
I'm now getting scared. If I get to fuck Vogon or something equally tasteless I am going to ignore this thread.

NB: not "if I have to fuck" or "if I'm made to fuck", or "if you show my Sim fucking", or something more neutral like "if you show us in simulated congress", but the slippage of desire in IF I GET TO FUCK VOGON. Nothing in that phrase suggests revulsion or even reluctance...more a realisation of a long-held dream.

--------------------
member #28

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+