Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » mashed potatoes... (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: mashed potatoes...
Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
big fluffy pillows, blankets, codeine, hot water bottles...

Welcome to the comfort thread. Escape the goatse, cool your shamefaced cheeks, chill your hangover, rest your sprained ankle. Whatever you want or need can be found here in the comfort thread. Share your tales, discuss your fears or just revel in the comfort. The choice is yours.

--------------------
uberwench

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I discovered how to turn my radiator on last night. That was pretty comforting.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing that can comfort me at the moment. Nothing, I tell you!

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

Neurotic Cat
My fortune cookie's empty...
That's also the title of my autobiography.
 - posted      Profile for Neurotic Cat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm eating a fantastic Honey and Mustard Chicken Baguette and its downright marvellous!

its not even lunchtime and I'm eating already...thats what happens when you leave the house in such a rush that you forget to put on ya anti-fag patch...

--------------------
You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats

philomel
writes bad poetry on walls
 - posted      Profile for philomel           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the goatse, that was pretty comforting.

I am about to go for a BURGER to soak up excess alcohol floating around my system. Later, I am going to have thai. PAD THAI! Today, my world revolves around food.

--------------------
the more brilliant her smile, the closer she always seemed to disaster

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
mcclusky tonight!

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
My car has heated seats. They are the best invention mankind has ever come up with.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I ventured into my loft and dug out a bunch of old videos. They were things that I'd taped off the telly, just after my parents got satellite TV, back in 1994. I found a great sense of comfort in watching these tapes, as I had hundreds of time as a teenager.

One of the highlights was seeing Hole Unplugged, in which the band plays an acoustic version of You Know You're Right - Kurt's song which was recently released as a Nirvana track. There was some Juliana Hatfield, Belly, Breeders, Veruca Salt - tonnes of stuff that I'd totally forgotten about.

I also found the tape of my appearance in the audience on MTV's Most Wanted which wasn't comforting at all.

[Frown]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
mcclusky tonight!

It'll be shit. Total fucking shit.

As is the case with Sidney, I'm inconsolable. I've got a miserable day of hassle to look forward to tomorrow, moving house. It'll be shit. I know it. And everyone keeps telling me that burglars watch you move in when you move house so they know you've got stuff (inhabited houses never normally have stuff. Only at the beginning of a residency), and then they kill you in your beds. So, fuckit. I give up.

philomel
writes bad poetry on walls
 - posted      Profile for philomel           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to sleep forever.

--------------------
the more brilliant her smile, the closer she always seemed to disaster

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Jill Scott on Tuesday (who I'd never heard anything by previously) and ordered her CD on Wednesday and CD-Wow told me last night it had been sent, so maybe I'll have that to listen to tomorrow!

Plus I'm on the beers tonight with a friend I haven't seen for about three months!

Plus I'll probably see The Incredibles sometime at the weekend!

So generally, feeling fairly jovial. Work is shit, though.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Dr. Benway

Things have now got so out of hand that I think I've gone through despair and depression and come out of the other side into a kind of dream world where nothing matters. Last night, a combination of extra strong lager, clean sheets, and a John Landis film on TV, made me feel as if I was back in the womb. The radiator thing was just the icing on the cake. I was fucking lounging.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
I am eating thai chicken soup. For breakfast. I have a packet of frozen peas on my outstretched foot and a yard full of shame. I need a nurse. Can you hire a nurse for the day to come round and look after you?

Sidney, my email will comfort you. Perhaps I should send it to thorn as well. Remember folks, however bad things are, there is always someone more worse off than you are. [Smile]

On the plus side I have the day off work! Hurrah! Although I don't know how well it looks to tell your boss that you can't come in because you sprained your ankle while drunk. Damn my honest mouth to hell.

--------------------
uberwench

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:
however bad things are, there is always someone more worse off than you are.

Really? I feel bad for that guy now, too. [Frown]

[ 26.11.2004, 07:14: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Dr. Benway

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:
however bad things are, there is always someone more worse off than you are.

Really? I feel bad for that guy now, too. [Frown]
there's somebody worse off than him though. It's the fella at the bottom of the chain of misery who you should feel really sorry for. Even somebody who's got it worse than the guy who's got it worse than you feels sorry for that guy.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I discovered a veggie burger can be eaten in EXACTLY the amount of time it takes to walk from the chippy to my front gate. I mean, what kind of superlative design excellence is that?

Why do people bother with cooking when this kind of service is available?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Two days ago I woke up in Stockport. It is comforting to know that I am no longer there. The very essence of Córdoba pulses through my veins like a nicotine headrush.

That last sentence reads like a Mikee TV post. Not so comforting, but there you go.

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
I am comforted by the fact that, due to having a doctor's appointment this morning, I was able to take the whole morning off. My appointment was at 9.30, and by 9.45 I was back in bed with the wretched Bandy McLoud who yesterday vommed all over my nice clean bathroom. UberTrick, you are not the only one who suffered last night. [Frown]

I am also comforted by being alone in the office with only a ham and cheese croissant for company, and by the knowledge that I'm going home this weekend to watch CSI with my parents and sleep lots. I also have a great new dress - it is exactly like this:

-

...but I am uncomforted by the fact that yesterday I tried to model it for Bandy and he reacted by spewing into the sink.

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Asstitfuckbollockswank. I thought my decree nisi had just come through but when I opened it the letter was a copy of the incomplete form my retard (soon to be ex) husband failed to fill properly. He answered all the questions apart from one right in the middle of the form which asked what date he received the petition. Twat. Now it doesn't even look like the divorce will be through in time for New Year, let alone Christmas. [Frown]

But seeing as this is the comfort thread I have just taken a wincingly painfull hobble up Green Lanes and returned with codeine, an ankle support and juice. I am comforted by the thought that very soon my painkillers will start working. Bliss.

--------------------
uberwench

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the sotory of a comfortingly eccentric gentleman my friend who works in a bookshop met yesterday...

quote:
A funny looking sort of fellow came into the shop and told my workmkate that he'd written a book, did we have any, and could he sign it? She was a bit reticent to let him do so, as we normally as publishers to ring in advance and tell us if an author wants to come in and sign so she checked with the events people that'd it'd be fine and apparently it was. He said that his book was about the oldest tortoise in the world, which apparently died last April aged 160. We all raised our eyebrows and went uh huh but it turned out that we did have a couple of them. He was still behaving mightily odd and looked a little like a vagrant, but in an eccentric English lord sort of way so Janet asked him in a very polite sort of way if he had any ID just to make sure he reallly was the author. At this point he suddenly remembered that he had to do something very quickly and he'd take care of that and be right back.

After he left we had a look at the book. There was a picture of the author on the inside of the dust jacket. Totally different guy.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Awww, like J R Hartley! [Smile]

--------------------
uberwench

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
I only have 2 hours to go and then I can drive away in my shiny new car with the seat heating on. When I get home I can sit my toasty warm buttocks on the sofa and snuggle under a blanket while the heating warms the house up, with a good book and a glass of wine. Turbo Man is cooking for me so I don't actually have to move at all, except if I drink lots of wine and I need the loo. We have several new DVD's we haven't seen yet, so that sounds like a good plan for after dinner. Mmm.

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
I have just eaten toast without vomiting. This is an achievement. Today, I have most been lying under the duvet, racked with sobbing. The toast thing has perked me up, though. Life seems less daunting when you're not chucking up gobbets of yellow bile ever half hour.
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Why's everyone ill then?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
I think there's a new computer virus going around

--------------------
uberwench

Dr. Benway

hey, I get that half an hour thing. I first got it at my Grandad's funeral, well, I had it during the funeral due to drinking one or two mild ales the night before. What's the deal with those hangovers? They are totally unlike anything else. It's that half hour vomitting thing that I don't understand, even if I haven't even drunk water, I'll still need to puke. There really is nothing you can do but lay in bed with a plastic bag and hope to die.

It's not normal.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
Why's everyone ill then?

Because they're all fucking alcoholics?
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Every morning this week I have woken up with so much crap on my chest, and a cough or two to shift it has me gagging like hell. In fact this has been going on for a few weeks - it just seems I cannot shake off this bout of flu. Maybe its the beginning of the super virus the BBC and whoever have been scaring us to death with, shocking us into believeing we are all doomed to death in the next few weeks.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
Every morning this week I have woken up with so much crap on my chest.

Scat clubs are best saved for the weekend, Waynster. And the cost of staying overnight must be crippling.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
How's the giving up smoking going, Waynester?
turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not finding all of this particularly comforting...

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
That last sentence reads like a Mikee TV post. Not so comforting, but there you go.

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Well who cares anyway, I'm comfortable

x

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

saltrock
"absolutely no idea whatsoever"
 - posted      Profile for saltrock           Edit/Delete Post 
I am very happy. Today I went to the good food show, which was comforting in itself. All those hard working cheese makers clamouring for your business. I also bought a fair amount of lovely things to drink, which I am a good part of the way through now. Hence the happy glow! Tomorrow, I shall be seeking comfort no doubt in the aftermath of this.

BUT!!! Tomorrow I am taking my daughter to see the ballet, Romeo and Juliet. It will be great just to see her face whilst it is going on. And we are going on the train, which she has not done before and is muchly looking forward to. Happy days. Ah.

--------------------
Call that a contribution?

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
MCLUSKY REVIEW...

mclusky are an extremely good band. Tonight they played a set heavy in album favourites with a handful of new tunes.. They have a powerful and inventive drummer, a solid, under-exploited bass player and a petulant, pie-faced, whinging, muttonchopped ponce for a frontman. Some of the set was superb. Alan Is A Cowboy Killer and That Man Will Not Hang were excellent. In fact the entire set was, tune for tune, as good as I've heard in a long time. This is a band capable of generating an immense amount of energy and enthusiasm, they have some killer tracks the less dynamic numbers are carried along by sheer raw power, conviction and determination. They really are potentially very good, however... Their front man is a petulant, pie-faced **** . Also, any energy or dynamism they build with their music is instantly dissipated by the negative, whinging, adolescent persiflage that bongs like an unwelcome dinner gong between each track. The end of every song stops the show, the front man whines and berates, everyone gets bored, the band step on the gas again and everyone remembers why they're there. That's just bad. Furthermore, fuckface has an extensive collection of axe, which he thoughtfully displays to us all by changing guitars after every song. There really is no need. This guy behaves like a spoiled attention-seeking teen. If he was a spoiled attention-seeking teen that might cut it as cool, as it stands the dude's probably nearer to forty than I am.

So, Thorn, they were'nt fucking shit. They were fucking annoying, but they were too good a band to be fucking shit. If they could get a frontman who didn't suck they'd be made guys in the rock mafia.

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+