Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Corporate Christmas Crapness (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Corporate Christmas Crapness
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
As the festive season nears, business sems to jump on the chance of ensuring business by flooding those with the power of purchase with cheap goods, brandishing the marks and slogans urging you to buy their IT services or paper products.

My company, being largely dependant on IT services gets inundated with them, and these are given out in a secret santa - much alike that of TMO, but minus all the thought. Mind you its certainly a surprise..

So what gifts have your suppliers serenaded you with this christmas? Has your drinks cabinet been refilled with spirits, your desk now covered in calendars? Or did you, like me get something really crap?

Oh and to PF : A Sun Microsystems Oven Glove

I don't know why either....

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

philomel
writes bad poetry on walls
 - posted      Profile for philomel           Edit/Delete Post 
Our office got numerous Christmas cards, three different varieties of leather-bound desk diaries and a rather wonderful hamper of goodies. The client who normally sends us a calendar isn't this year as they have cut the budgets and aren't making them. Bah, humbug.

--------------------
the more brilliant her smile, the closer she always seemed to disaster

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a voucher for an extra day off to be taken before June 30th.

Whoopfuckingie !

I intend to quit soon so I guess that's just one less day I have to work in this joyless pit.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Nada, zilch, zip. But then, I am contractor-scum.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
The division of the ginormous company I work for organised an evening Xmas do which I *cough* sadly had to turn down due to *cough* *cough* prior commitments. I still kept getting emails about "Christmas dinner menu" and "Table placing at Christmas dinner" and kept deleting them. Then, one day last week, the people in my office suddenly stood up at about 11:30am and said, "Right, we off then? You coming Dang?" and I went, "Coming where?" and it turned out there was the evening piss up which I'd turned down and a paid-for lunchtime do which all the other emails had been referring to and I'd deleted. So I had to go, "Ah, er, ah, that, er, no I can't make it unfortunately." And off they all went. They brought me back a bottle of Champagne though. Bastards. They must think I'm a right miserable c**t. And they'd be right.
Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

My employers have given us (as they do every year) absolutely fuck all! Oh hang on though! We are getting a bit of a delayed Christmas surpise when we come back in January - they'll be telling us whether they're going to close our office down and whether we still have jobs! Herpe Chrisfuck!!

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a much better present - I just passed my probation and thus am here permanent.

Hapy xmas me!

edit: I wish I had read the above post first. Sorry for my tactlessness

[ 22.12.2004, 09:58: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a calendar from our travel agent, which has some nice pictures, and some space to actually write something next to each date, unlike the ones from Rolls that the researchers got.

This is the first ever job where bosses have given me presents, and I'm pretty impressed thus far:

- extremely tasteful and grown up pottery bowl from my main boss

- very pretty scarf and four bars of Green n Blacks chocolate from next most senior prof

- £20 of M&S vouchers from another prof

We don't get many corporate cards, as most correspondence is with other academics, so they've mostly been quite nice. All email cards have been ignored by my boss: cheap and lazy.

[ 22.12.2004, 08:37: Message edited by: Vogon Poetess ]

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing officially from work although I did hear via the grapevine that I am due for a special pay increase in the new year. Unfortunately they are also moving offices so any increase I get will be used up travelling to my new offices in Zone 1. Fuckers.

--------------------
uberwench

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, of course - unofficially my boss bought me a lovely green top and a colleague bought me a pen. The pen was silver and had a star and feathers and sparkles and stuff so not really me but I appreciated the sentiment and the cats love it. O, and I also got fucked over by the publications manager [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
uberwench

philomel
writes bad poetry on walls
 - posted      Profile for philomel           Edit/Delete Post 
O I forgot. I have my office Christmas party today (lunch at 2.30pm then cocktails in a very nice bar, all paid for). I will get a Secret Santa. And I also got a bonus. Actually, it has been pretty good this year!

--------------------
the more brilliant her smile, the closer she always seemed to disaster

damo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for damo           Edit/Delete Post 
a staff christmas party with loads of other geeks, in a house, miles away from where i live.
a thing for clipping our id cards to and then wear round our necks (a lnayard/lariat thing) with "swanky univerist medical centre genetic medicine" written on it.
and a box of belgian chocolates.

saltrock
"absolutely no idea whatsoever"
 - posted      Profile for saltrock           Edit/Delete Post 
Sidney, that sucks. I hope it all works out ok.

I have had so far:

A pen, with our company name and "Hapy Christmas" on it. And yes, that is how they spelt happy.

About 15 diaries.

A £75 Debenhams voucher from my boss [Cool]

--------------------
Call that a contribution?

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Not got nothing. Nothing. Not a bean. Nor a pea. Nor a snow-calendar, nor a snowman. My fellow workers in this joyless hell (and is there anything more joyless and hellish than the word colleagues?) spent most of last Christmas period bemoaning the utilisation of public funds, their taxpayers cash, on such trite trivia as staff gifts.

This year, as a result, we got nothing. Nada. The very smae fellow workers are now complaining about lack of appreciation. It cannot be disputed, they are all twats. However, everyone in the world keeps bringing chocolates in, ensuring that come the new year I shall be an acne ridden blimp. Thus knackering my proposed career change to Bionic Woman.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer Sidness, and all I can offer is a virtual snog under virtual mistletoe and a cyber grope in the cyber stationary cupboard.

Hope next year brings you all you desire

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
Being the last sad and lonely twat in the office, I have been left with this years stock of corporate alcohol that everyone else was too polite to take when they left. I am also suicidal with boredom and worried about how I'm going to get through the next couple of days with no workmates, no Bandy, and nothing to do.

There's a solution to this problem here somewhere...I just can't quite see it...

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

damo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for damo           Edit/Delete Post 
don't drink the free alcohol. that would be wrong.
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like a dolt. I didn’t bring anything in for anybody at work and now I’m faced with the awkwardness of receiving with nothing to give.

So far I have gotten chocolates both from my boss and a colleague on my team.

Our “clients” are public schools, so I haven’t even received one measly Christmas card from them.

Lunch Christmas party at 1pm and instead of a Secret Santa we are doing something called a “Yankee Swap,” which involves stealing the gifts you like once they are already opened.

[ 22.12.2004, 09:25: Message edited by: rooster ]

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by damo:
don't drink the free alcohol. that would be wrong.

*looks guiltily at monitor, champagne flute halfway to lips*

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Being a 'freelance', I shall be getting nothing this year. Tho I'm spending Christmas Eve working on Sugar magazine, where I'm hoping there will be a bumper amount of free glittery make-up and stuff I can 'be given'.
Sidney
Her Glorious Reneging Brumness
 - posted      Profile for Sidney           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
Bummer Sidness, and all I can offer is a virtual snog under virtual mistletoe and a cyber grope in the cyber stationary cupboard.

Hope next year brings you all you desire

[Cool] Thanks, Dazzler. And Salty too. I'll just 'keep on truckin' as usual. Or summat. Things will work out one way or another.

--------------------
They give you a pen as fat as a modest cock and you're expected to dab it on the page, as though you were mopping the dregs of an afternoon Tommy.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scrawny:
Being the last sad and lonely twat in the office, I have been left with this years stock of corporate alcohol that everyone else was too polite to take when they left. I am also suicidal with boredom and worried about how I'm going to get through the next couple of days with no workmates, no Bandy, and nothing to do.

There's a solution to this problem here somewhere...I just can't quite see it...

Cheer up Scrawnsta - tomorrow (Thusday) is the TMO Office Party: starts around lunchtime but I'll be hitting the bottle well before then.

Also: thinking ahead, are there any other benighted souls "at work(place)" for the three days next week? Sheeit, biyatch - that's three whole days of drinking toner and setting fire to the yucca, right?

kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol I am just back from my work Christmas party. I brought 2 bottles of Frexenet (?? sp [Confused] )_ there is an "i" in there somewhere home and the other day they gave me a bottle of ... fuck I can't even attempt spelling it, "la froyg" scotch.

AND I GET TO KEEP MY SOUL unlike some of you whose work perks may temporarily distract you from the fact that you have sold out.

--------------------
member #28

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kovacs:
AND I GET TO KEEP MY SOUL unlike some of you whose work perks may temporarily distract you from the fact that you have sold out.

[Frown] It's true. This thought is going to depress me all through the holiday. Nice one kovacs: you ruined Christmas.
Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
Due to working for a government related angency, I get utterly fuck all from my employers themselves, all lunches and nights out are paid for by ourselves. Moving back onto the question Waynster asked though, we got sent some bottles of wine by a supplier we use and I've won one (well, two, kinda) of them in a recent and very bizzare presentation of new system functionality. Knowing fuck all about wine, is a 2003 bottle of Chardonnay from "J. Moreau & Fils" any good? I assume not.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one of these so-called Threedayers. It doesn't make any sense to go in really because what I do doesn't really need to be done everyday, but I suppose I should put up and shut up as it's money, not toffee they pay me. However. Right now I am doing a rather happy camp hand clasping motion, because I done got excited about christmas. So excited that my legs are doing an unrehearsed dance under the desk, for the entertainment of the cleaner.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Bamba

quote:
"la froyg" scotch

Laphroig? And it's not Scotch, it's fucking Whisky. [Mad]
ben

Prediction: Kovacs will go home tonight, break out the Deacon Blue and cry his eyes out to the song about the 'old man' who buys a 'ship called dignity'. Modge will look on with concern and incredulity.
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
How wrong can you get, Ben: it's Real Gone Kid on repeat for me, you fucking sassenach wanker.

--------------------
member #28

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Laphroaig, dipshit. And it is Scotch.

[ 22.12.2004, 12:12: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How wrong can you get, Ben: it's Real Gone Kid on repeat for me, you fucking sassenach wanker.

lol. one sniff of the barmaid's apron...

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

ben

quote:

Go to your room.
Bamba

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
Laphroaig, dipshit. And it is Scotch.

Okay, my spelling attempt was off (hence the question mark) but I don't believe it's actually classified as Scotch. On the off-chance I'm wrong again, I would say that the distillers of Laphroaig are wankers. So, to sum up, either I'm right or they're wankers.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
THE MOST RICHLY FLAVOURED OF ALL SCOTCH WHISKIES
!

I think you should write an e-mail to the makers of laphroaig when pissed explaining to them exactly why they are wankers.

Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post 
On the bottle it says "Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky"

Inside the box, along with the bottle, there are "tasting notes" that say You have made the effort and breached acquaintance with Laphroaig. Now, wherever in the world you call home, there is a corner of Islay, in the Western Isles of Scotland, where you will always be welcomed as a friend. Send your name and address to us here in Islay, where we shall be happy to include you in our register of friends, proudly displayed at the Distillery. Then, future missives will find their way to you, telling you of our activities here at Laphroaig and on the island. Gr9!  -

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+