Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Stand by me? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Stand by me?
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fish:
Aha! The culprit found! Sorry Dang

No worries. I wish real life had a search facility actually. My missus is always saying, "You said..." whatever and I'm sure I didn't. I think she's doing that trick of trying to make me think I'm mad by claiming I've forgotten things I've said or done. I've caught her out a couple of times though. If it wasn't for that I'd probably have booked myself into a home by now.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fish:
Hmmm. Sorry for casting aspersions your way Dang, my memory is obviously playing tricks on me. I wonder who it was then...where's memorybanks Thorn when you need him?

Sorry: I'd gone home for my lunchtime wank.
Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
Ironically enough, I was outside when the time came for doing the 2 minutes silence. I went to the kitchen on my break a few minutes before so I didn't feel guilted by my charity co-workers and sat outside on the balcony on my own. I just didn't want to be with that group of people to do the "public display" thing, I don't know them very well, with the exception of one or two. I think its great that lots of people did it, that they felt it appropriate, but I just didn't like the way our Chief Executive announced it or the expectations it then put on us in the office.

When I came back I was told that my friend (one of the two at work) was really upset so I went out to find her. She had seen the bus explode last week but said that she hadn't really been thinking about it all, just carrying on as normal and the 2 minute silence really effected her and made her think about it all. She had a bit of a cry and we had a cuddle and then walked around near Liverpool Street but only due to the location of our office rather than any real intention. She spoke about what she'd seen and how it's made her feel, and we had a drink and then walked back hand in hand to the office. It was quite sweet actually.

--------------------
uberwench

Meg
Hubba, hubba, hubba
 - posted      Profile for Meg           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by squirrelandgman:
I dunno. People like us were blown up last week.
I think a minutes silence, 2 minutes silence, what the fuck ever is fair enough.
Next to St Pauls it was pretty moving.
Bell ringing.
Streets packed outside every office.
Traffic at a standstill.

It didn't feel morbid or like some massive outporing of grief.
It felt like a group of people recognising that people just like them had been blown to shit last week and that remembering those who did have the misfortune to get caught up in it and saying fuck off to those who did it seemed like a fair response.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I went outside, along with lots of other staff. Our Chief Exec sent an email round inviting everyone to take part where possible, and the Director that covers this site sent a specific invite out to the staff on site. It was very nice. Out I went and stood with a friend and watched in awe as more and more people piled out the door and joined us. On the other side of the road were well over a hundred staff from King's Hospital, and in the road between us two groups of hospital staff, were the stopped cars and taxi's.

Only one person disturbed the silence, but I work in a nuthouse, so I'd be surprised if it really had lasted.

Very moving - really nice to see so many people make the effort. The only noise that interrupted (apart from nutter) was the sound of an ambulance pulling up to King's A&E - uncomfortably fitting.

I'm pleased it was so well observed - let's let that be the last of it.

--------------------
Hail to the king, baby

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+