Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » money/flesh (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: money/flesh
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post 
Female view:

I would spend money on vanity if I had more than I knew what to do with. I might take care of the marks pregnancy has left on my body if they don’t go away in a few years by more “natural” means.

I have no real problem with plastic surgery and if it makes you happy, go for it. That said, I can see how men (and women) would find natural breasts more attractive (I don’t think the field of plastic surgery has progressed to the point where augmented boobies look totally natural).

I can have free new pert breasts (insurance will cover a reduction) and though I say now that I will go for it when I am done baby-making, when the actual prospect of coming under the knife (I had never even had an IV before my recent hospital experience!) is before me, I will probably chicken out.

If I had a sudden influx of cash (inheritance? lottery?) I don’t think I’d be able to “resist the splurge urge” and would probably spend it on needless house upgrades (do we really need a marble Jacuzzi tub?), fun gadgets and vacations.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
So none of those sound like they'd take one from a sensible, British 6" to an [Eek!] 14" wang of terror then. Has anyone invented some sort of lifelike slot-in extension, perhaps involving an arrangement of gears and brushes to transfer the stimulation to the "host" schlongette.

Actually I seem to remember about a year ago there was some cloning research done, where basically scientists took a rat with a deformed penis, took some cells, grew it a new penis, and replaced wrongcock with genetocock. So I suppose it's possible, in the future, that the same kind of science could be applied to people and you could have a replacement one grown to your own specifications in a lab before being surgically attached..
OJ
I think we can save your husband's arm.
 - posted      Profile for OJ           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sabian:

What she said could be taken, verbatium, from nearly every feminist article ever. "Women, do not modify yourself for the 'Man'... If you do and say it is really for you, you are simply deluded and do not understand that you are still trying to conform to a 'Man' world"... blah blah blah

Just because a woman (or a man or a chimp or a chicken) want to modify something does not mean they are simply doing it for 'society' sake.

This is my bitch with feminism (or any other ism) is that their ideals are the only right ones and they take it upon themselves to 'change the world' on their terms.

I don't see you positing any alternative explanation to refute my pov.

In fact, as far as I can see all you're saying is that you hate any type of ideology, there's no such thing as society, dirty commie bastards etc.

Rather than going down that particular alleyway, shall we just stick to finding out what other people think of plastic surgery, as Ben suggested?

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by OJ:
ps. Waynster, I apologise unreservedly for my abrasive tone.

I'm not trying to have a go at your sister who I don't know - or calling her personally stupid or a liar.

Apology accepted. And I appreciate that you are entitled to have an opinion on such matters, and respect totally your point of view. And to some extent I do believe you are right in that resorting to surgery is abused considerably - some peoples addiction to the knife to turn them into manufactured icons of a misconceived adonis or whatever is alarming and a major concern within modern society. However I also believe for those that want it for themselves, as long as they think it through properly and are advised all the way (My sister had 16 years of want and a few counselling sessions before being allowed to go ahead, its a good thing. If my sister had gone out from her A cup and come back with a pair of 46DD Zeppelins, we would obviously have questioned her motives and sanity. However she has a quite normal looking for her frame C cup (I think) which no-one for a moment would question really beinga artificial.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Oo ah! Didn't mean to start an argument, like. As I said, when it comes down to it, I'm fundamentally too boringly sensible to spend such sums on something so frivolous. I'd like to be able to take the noble line and say I disapprove on principle, but it's mainly because I have a nagging conviction that if I spend this much, in a couple of years time they will have invented some magical witchery that will suck fat from your thighs and redistribute it on your chest just by hypnosis or something. For the record, I wouldn't be getting stupido-udders, just some average C cups.

Cheers for the offer though Waynester. If they haven't invented the Hypno-lipo-relocator by 2008 I'll be in touch.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm against surgical enhancement of any kind .. in theory but I was watching some Sky news thang about the flab jab and how dangerous it could be and straight away did a google for 'lipostabin' with the thought 'oooh could do with some of that around my buttox.'

I suspect I wasn't the only one. Its amazing what a good health scare will do.

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by OJ:
Rather than going down that particular alleyway, shall we just stick to finding out what other people think of plastic surgery, as Ben suggested?

No, because that is what you want. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by OJ:
I don't see you positing any alternative explanation to refute my pov.

This is idiotic! How can I refute your pov. when your pov is pure opinion, speculation, and conjecture based solely on other, equally, fact-less based opinions. Plastic surgery, yes, is used to 'gain acceptance' by some, but for others it is the only way they feel they can be happy.

Do you hold such low opinions of transsexuals? If someone is so unhappy with their current gender to the point of suicide or drug abuse or the countless other ways that people try to 'cope' with their feelings, would you deny them the opportunity to be happy by changing their gender? Will transsexual people be part of that group that you look back on in a couple decades and just shake your head at in pity for their inability to resist the urge to go under the knife?

quote:
Originally posted by OJ:
In fact, as far as I can see all you're saying is that you hate any type of ideology, there's no such thing as society, dirty commie bastards etc.

Yeah, that's me pretty much. Society is dead. Has been for decades. With the coming of the 'free love' 60s, people do what people do to make themselves happy (obviously with rare exceptions)... That's the way it is, globally, deal with it and be happy. Else start a commune and live with like minded people, cuz frankly the rest of us are tired of hearing it!

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

OJ
quote:
Else start a commune and live with like minded people, cuz frankly the rest of us are tired of hearing it!

Quite how you'd know that without being interested in the lives and opinions of (oops) society in general, I don't know :-P

Your point about transsexuals is possibly the only valid thing you've said. And no, I don't think plastic surgery should automatically be denied to those people. Though whether forms of gender dysphoria are part of wider societal pressures around gender conformity, I don't know, and don't feel qualified to comment on without further reading.

As I said, this is VP's thread. Let's talk about breasts.

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
...valid point about transsexuals sabian, but can feeling like a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa, like the real you is being completely stifled, and wanting to do something dramatic in order to be able to live the life you've always wanted really be classed as cosmetic?

I think the thing I object to is the notion that a person can be liberated in the same way from the total misery and WRONGNESS of their existence by incresing their breasts by a cup size or two. That is where I believe that a dgree of media prescription comes in - there's no way you would be able to pin your happiness on slightly larger boobies unless something, somewhere along the line had told you that you should.

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

sabian

But, that's kinda my point...

You two (singled out because you are arguing with me! [Wink] ) are so dead set against it because, presumably, you are happy enough with what you have that you don't *feel* that pressure to change it.

Where as some people, I'd imagine, feel just as oppressed/depressed/etc for having a 32AAA instead of a 32C than those who desire to change their gender.

Media does speak volumes about what we are supposed to look like, I won't deny that. But, if you TRUELY are having cosmetic surgery for *YOU* to make *YOU* happy, then there is no difference in my eyes to those who want to change genders.

To those idiots who want to have surgery to look like Britney Spears or a Paris Hilton (specifically, not just body part/type wise)... Then yes, they'll receive just as much, if not more, worthy of your pity/disdain...

I guess, what I've been trying to say since my first post is, who are you to debate (or invent in most cases) another's motives and why do those people have to quantify them to you?

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
Seems to be the consensus that nork enhancement is just plain wrong, messing about with nature as a reaction to advertising etc. There seemed to be a change in opinion when Sab mentioned trannies.. as if that were in some way not their fault. Could be, I don't know enough to comment. By the same extension though, how about mothers who are trapped inside frigid's bodies, should they be allowed to have their lives enhanced by unnatural means. How is that different having a life enhanced by unnatural lady potatoes.
Ringo

The problem with plastic surgery is that it makes what would otherwise be a whistful fantasy into a real attainable goal.

I don't spend my time obsessing about how much better my life would be if I only had wings, for instance, but if that option were available to me then perhaps I would pay it more thought. The very possibility promotes a sense of dissatisfaction with one's lot in life when really there are far more important things. The problem really is that it's impossible for a person to accurately predict the impact on their life of making those kinds of changes to their bodies, and the reality will seldom live up to the long lived fantasy.

I suppose this is a fairly enlightened realisation, but the sad ironic fact is that if I had an unlimited amount of money, I would also giver serious consideration to having surgery to make changes to my body. Which kinda proves that it's possible to simultaneously understand that it's all a psychological illusion, and still to give yourself over to the delusion of potential happiness.

As I say though, VP is extremely attractive and it's a sad reflection on 'society' that such a beautiful woman is made to feel that her life would be improved simply by increasing the size of a part of her body.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
Oo ah! Didn't mean to start an argument, like.

Bless you Vogon - Scrawny started a whole argument about hackaboutababycock and she hasn't even had the common decency to comment. It's people like Scrawny who are braining the life blood out of this forum.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
It could be argued easily that VP would have her breasts 'altered' only for herself, unless you know of a society that walks around moaning 'god her breasts are small and dissapointing, she really needs to sort that out' NOTWs headlines tommorow Veeps tits: shit.

For VP: I think you should go with what feels right. If this is what you want then fair play and good luck.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
It could be argued easily that VP would have her breasts 'altered' only for herself, unless you know of a society that walks around moaning 'god her breasts are small and dissapointing,

See, I don't agree with this. For this to be a decision that VP had reached completely independantly of the influences of society, then that would imply that there was something natural that makes women feel instinctively critical of the size of their breasts, and I don't think there is any particular evidence to back that up compared with the overwhelming pressures that society puts on people to conform to certain ideals. As I said earlier, it's possible to be fully aware of the fact that it's a con, but still be drawn into it.

Still, I would never argue against a person's right to do what they want with their own body, provided they do whatever they do with a clear mind and in posession of all the facts available to them.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's pretty pathetic that VP is willing to spend all this money just to win me back. It's not going to happen, luv. It was never about the tits.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post 
Four grand for a couple of tits? You must be bloody kidding. You can get these two for a lot less, I'm sure.

-

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
Veep clearly has the cool beauty sleek lines of an Audrey Hepburn, in fact she'd be the perfect fag-hag.

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I think it's pretty pathetic that VP is willing to spend all this money just to win me back. It's not going to happen, luv. It was never about the tits.

.. was the perfect fag-hag.
OJ
Oh no. I scrolled too fast, saw two posts together and thought Thorn had spurned VP for the twin charms of Cannon and Ball. Way to come out Thorn!

Ahem, sorry.

Strange end of the pier moment.

Anyway, was just going to post about the most money I've ever spent as I've just recalled that I have a mortgage. But that doesn't count as it's debt, right?

Also I spent the best part of £3k on a taught masters 5 years ago and have not quite paid it, and the other £2k I needed for some living expenses back yet.

You were talking about doing a masters weren't you? Spending that money to offset debt you may accrue would be a good way to spend it. If that seems too worthy, you could always blow £500 on a really nice holiday first. Could you go back to Canada for that?

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it really fair to say that modern society demands bigger breats though? Granted there are a lot of billboards around with C to D cup women plastered all over them but the fashion industry is full of women with smaller jugs. And look at the current A-list celebs. Many of them have tiny wee boobs and are still the center of attention. In fact if anything the current trend surely is towards smaller breasts.

Kate Moss
Cameron Diaz
That one off spiderman whos name I cant remember
Gwenith Paltrow
Renee Zelwiger (when not plump for Bridget Jones)
Nicole Kidman

See, loads.

--------------------
supa scrub

OJ
Cosmetic surgery isn't purely about bigger breasts NWOD - it's about certain standards of perfection (which do seem to be quite mutable).

You could have fun conjecturing about all the liposuction, rib removals (!), tummy tucks, stomach staples, brow lifts etc. that little lot have had.

Vogon Poetess

quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
Is it really fair to say that modern society demands bigger breats though? Granted there are a lot of billboards around with C to D cup women plastered all over them but the fashion industry is full of women with smaller jugs. And look at the current A-list celebs. Many of them have tiny wee boobs and are still the center of attention. In fact if anything the current trend surely is towards smaller breasts.

Kate Moss
Cameron Diaz
That one off spiderman whos name I cant remember
Gwenith Paltrow
Renee Zelwiger (when not plump for Bridget Jones)
Nicole Kidman

See, loads.

Not quite accurate.

Mrs Chris Martin, Nicole Kidman and Kate Moss are the only genuine flat-chesters there. Also lovely Gwen Stefani is my current fave A-cupper.

Cameron Diaz, Kristen Dunst and Renee Zellwegger all have decent sized boobs and shapely figures.

I still maintain that some men don't mind small boobs, but wouldn't say no to a bit more.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Ringo

quote:
I still maintain that some men don't mind small boobs, but wouldn't say no to a bit more.

Most men wouldn't say no to most women.

VP, I'm sorry if this is none of my business, or if asking this is slightly offensive, but is it possible that one of the reasons you have remained single for so long is because, at least on some subconscious level, you're worried that any man you might find yourself with would be constantly wishing they were with someone with a larger chest?

I'm sorry if this is way off the mark, but I only ask because I've avoided seeking any kind of intimacy for the past couple of years mostly because I'm very self conscious about my own body.

[ 17.08.2005, 12:07: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
I've got Ringo as working-class, ratings-winner Trisha in my mind .. 'and how did he make you feel Vogon?' as an unrepentant Thong Davis is jeered by a baying audience for 'doing her wrong' and 'giving her a tit complex'.
sabian

quote:

If it means anything, my personal preference is a full B to small C... :shrug:

quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Online Persona:
I've got Ringo as working-class, ratings-winner Trisha in my mind .. 'and how did he make you feel Vogon?' as an unrepentant Thong Davis is jeered by a baying audience for 'doing her wrong' and 'giving her a tit complex'.

I've been reading his posts with the "Jerry Springer's Final Thoughts" voice in my head.

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
"I still maintain that some men don't mind small boobs..."

I positively prefer them.

[ 17.08.2005, 13:41: Message edited by: Benny the Ball ]

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by OJ:
Cosmetic surgery isn't purely about bigger breasts NWOD - it's about certain standards of perfection (which do seem to be quite mutable)

Really? And there was me, under the impression that the elephant man needed a BIGGER head all this time.

edit: I'd say it isn't about standards of perfection, but personal and emotional balance.

[ 17.08.2005, 18:36: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Vogon Poetess

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:

VP, I'm sorry if this is none of my business, or if asking this is slightly offensive, but is it possible that one of the reasons you have remained single for so long is because, at least on some subconscious level, you're worried that any man you might find yourself with would be constantly wishing they were with someone with a larger chest?

I'm sorry if this is way off the mark, but I only ask because I've avoided seeking any kind of intimacy for the past couple of years mostly because I'm very self conscious about my own body.

Not offensive at all.

I don't think I have a major hangup to the point where it impinges on my life at all; if I did I probably would have booked the op by now. I don't buy bikinis, but then I don't like sunbathing and don't go on beach holidays so it's not really a problem. I just think it would be, you know, nice if things were in proportion a bit more. I've always had a hankering to wear a basque/corset Moulin Rouge type top (no idea where I would wear such an item), and these look better if you've got a little something to poke cheekily over the top.

I'm terminally single because I only ever meet fanciable men who already have girlfriends. It's some sort of conspiracy.

--------------------

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm terminally single because I only ever meet fanciable men who already have girlfriends.

But Ringo hasn't got a girlfriend has he? What are you trying to say?
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
But Ringo hasn't got a girlfriend has he? What are you trying to say?

I think what she's trying to say is that if Ringo stops being so insecure about his assets, she'll let him put the man in manhandle.

--------------------

OJ
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:

Really? And there was me, under the impression that the elephant man needed a BIGGER head all this time.

I must have missed the irony in your original post about trends in jugs NWOD.

Anyway....

This thread did make me have a good long naked stand in front of a mirror last night, just to really think about whether I would have surgery. Whether I really, really wouldn't consider it.

Contrary to Sabian's assertion, I wasn't speaking from the smug standpoint of some sort of perfect body (I can't speak for Scrawny obviously). Far from it.

And I still wouldn't. There was plenty that's not ideal, plenty that's changed shape or size over the years. But still, no.

I did however, decide that I ought to upgrade my sports bra from the Russian-shot-putter model to the all-out-surgical-truss. So thanks for that all of you. And feel smug that that may not be an issue VP.

eta: I'm showing my age now and thinking of the era when female Russian athletes were the sine qua non of steroid abuse. Not Anna Kournikova trying not to break her Rolex on the tennis court.

[ 18.08.2005, 06:36: Message edited by: OJ ]

New Way Of Decay

oh nevermind

[ 18.08.2005, 09:15: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

discodamage
Again with the bagels ?
 - posted      Profile for discodamage           Edit/Delete Post 
if veeps' lovely perky little breasts put her at one end of the surgery spectrum, then my 36F repletions of womanliness lump me quite firmly at the other. not an especially pleasant place to be when the subtext of conversations like this one is often that a D cup is large, that anything bigger is somehow distasteful and freakish, and that breasts this size really only appeal to the basest instincts in the viler sort of man. (although sometimes a display of the baser instincts in a fellow doing an impression of the viler sort of man is fine, dont get me wrong.) every time i have ever read a thread like this on a mixed gender board, you just WATCH the stampede of men saying 'i actively prefer the tiny breast, so perky and cute!' in an effort to ditance themselves from the kind of cro-magno who dribbles over anything larger than a handful.

i was party to a conversation about kinga bb a couple of weeks ago which went like this:

feminist chick no 1: kinga is pretty but her tits are just freakishly large
feminist chick no 2: i know, theyre horrendous
feminist chick no 1: i think its worse because theyre on such a tiny frame
feminist chick no 2: i know, she looks like a funny little weeble doll, its a shame because shes really very pretty
me: kinga's tits are the same size as mine, and i reckon shes no bigger than a 16
feminist chick no 1: oh, SORRY! of course your tits are beauitful, youre a lovely hott lady
me: not a freakishly top-heavy little weeble doll with horrendous tits then.
feminists: nonononono. hey, look, over there- MADONNA!

i dont love my breasts and i dont hate them, they just are. if someone gave me £3000 tomorrow and said 'now you can have a perky C!' id say 'but what about nipple sensation? its at a premium on my torso as it is' and go off and cane the lot on second hand furniture and fine boozes. i would pay money if i thought it would make me love my breasts- but not if it means that my aureolae are sitting on a sterilised j-cloth for five minutes.

[ 18.08.2005, 09:24: Message edited by: discodamage ]

--------------------
EXETER- movement of Jah people.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Due to a freakish combination of hormones and fatness, I have gone from a perky B to a mammarious D over the last couple of years, and can't say my life has improved in any way. Sure, it's fun to wear a push-up bra and see them jiggle like two blancmanges, and they do feel kind of rude, but men stare at them rather than look at my face (though it could be the ming-acious face that repels them), and it's really hard to find clothes that fit at both tit and waist. Shirts are an impossibility.

So, ya know, as one who's been there - don't waste your money Veep. It makes bugger all difference to your life, and would make playing golf more difficult. If you did it.

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
Disco, I think most the moans (certainly from me anyway) relate to the fake shape and pumped up size of even a basic A-cup to C-cup enhancement. They just don't look right and it's just a bit off-putting. Lovely big natural ones are a joy to behold, and I imagine a joy to be held. As are lovely small ones and lovely medium ones.

Thinking more about my natural reaction to the cosmetic ones, I think it's because I associate them with the Joan Collins or Cher type - basically old ladies, but enhanced into a sort of animated generic shop manequin shape. Which is their choice of course, but not mine thanks.

I presume a breast reduction, by it's nature, only leaves natural contents behind does it? I don't think that would bother me.

This is all irrelevent anyway as it's not as if I have long lines of ladies lifting their jumpers up ready for my selection, but y'know, in theory I mean.

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+