Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Blank Holiday (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Blank Holiday
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievably, it's Friday, before a bank holiday, and no-one has a "What are you plans?" thread on the go. Shocking. It's this kind of oversight that's causing a lull in the boards at the moment.

So: What are your plans for the long weekend that kicks off in two and a half hours?

PF:

I'm moving flat again tomorrow, which promises to be about as much fun as being stabbed in the eye with an icicle made out of Samuel Norton's frozen semen.

However later, in the day we're all going out for a meal here. I've been to that restaurant before, and it didn't look as tacky as it does there, and hopefully the fucktards in the hats won't be there, ruining it for everyone. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. A pleasant evening sat around with a bunch of mates, acting as though everything's OK.

Haven't got anything else planned for the weekend. Probably watch some films or something on Sunday. Maybe go and see UNleashed. Who knows? What's everyone else up to? Post now - you know it's the right thing to do. If this thread fails to hit 35 replies by the time I leave work (5.30), I swear I will depart TMO for good and never return, in any guise ever. Deal?

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I'm going out for some drinks with some of my old college pals. Tomorrow I'm giving a friend a hand with installing a car stereo. Sunday I might have a tinker with the Mini and then Monday I'll probably just play Gran Turimo or something.

A shit bank holiday weekend then.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Do we even have 35 posters to make up your quota Thron? Some may have to post twice. Or I may have to post 33 more times, if everyone else is holding out to see if you'll stick to your promise.

NEWay, I'm going to a big house in Lllllllllllllandudno, overlooking the bay, with all my bestest friends, where we shall drink and celebrate two birthdays. And maybe have a picnic on a big hill overlooking the sea. As this weekend is a brief decompression zone between manic work and house-purchase-organisation (see above for eye/semen icicle comparison) I hope I can relax enough not to find some of the visiting children intensely irritating. Drink may be the answer.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
A shit bank holiday weekend then.

Would it be less shit if I came to see you during the day on Saturday?

Erm, but apart from that, as soon as I finish work I think I might treat myself to a haircut. It's about time. At the moment there's a flap of hair on the back of my head that lifts up in the wind and I look like Mr Fucking Majeika. I may well be going to see Ringo fit a car stereo into his mates car. I havn't really made any definite plans yet, but you can be sure by god it will good.

[ 26.08.2005, 10:23: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

Of course! But only if you're still going to come and spend the whole weekend in MK some time in the near future.
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Funnily enough, my Saturday is following the exact same pattern as Thorn's.

I remember when my family moved into their current home. I was about 5 and they packed me and my brother off to the beach for the day with some mates, and then in the evening my friend's mum drove me to our new home and I had this big new room with bunk beds! Perhaps if we just go to the beach tomorrow we'll come back to find all our stuff moved in for us?

Sunday and Monday will be spent writing up my locust experiment, once I've fiddled the results so the line on the graph looks like it's supposed to.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to go and see my homegirl DiscoD up in the badlands of Bristol. We were going to go to some party at a disused cinema and go walking up Glastonbury Tor to see who could pull the fewest granola hairy-flapped sandalwearing vagina lesbians and ting. But then I have to do writing all weekend. Now my fascinating schedule is as follows:

Friday night: writing
Saturday day: GO TO THIS AWESOME THING AND WANDER ROUND IT WEARING A CAPE
Saturday night: writing
Sunday day: writing
Sunday night: writing
Monday day: writing
Monday night: writing.

Bet you're glad you asked.

I hate writing. *punches writing*

[ 26.08.2005, 10:31: Message edited by: London ]

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
Bastards. No bank holiday here. Is that why the boards are quiet, has everyone taken a week off just before the end of summer? Where's Black Mask? And can Kovacs come back please? And Mart.

Well, my non-bank holiday weekend will hopefully involve a bit of getting drunk and talking shite tonight but not too much because South Africa are playing the Kiwis tomorrow in the rugby at 9ish and I dont want to miss that. Then... um... shit...

Its no wonder I've started smoking weed. Gaborone is the most boring place in the entire world. Ever.

--------------------
supa scrub

Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post 
bank holidays are rubbish, especially ones that happen in the school holidays. It just means that everyone who is normally working while I swan around doing nothing is also off getting in my way [Mad] and spoiling my (10 week) holiday [Mad]
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
The thought of TMO without Thorn has brought me out of posting seclusion. That's really all I have to say, except what on earth is a Bank Holiday?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
GO TO THIS AWESOME THING AND WANDER ROUND IT WEARING A CAPE

I went in one of those things when I was about eight. At the time, it was the nearest thing I'd experienced to an hallucinogenic trip. I sometimes still go there in my mind.

The colours!
The smiling/wondrous faces!

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
...what on earth is a Bank Holiday?

You know in America, you have "holiday season"? Well in the UK, we have six of them a year, but they only happen in banks. Everyone has the day off work, and we all go to the bank to celebr7 and cheer with a hearty meal of turkey and pig eggs.

Blur wrote a song about it once. I forget the name...

[ 26.08.2005, 11:48: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Blur wrote a song about it once. I forget the name...

Bank holiday comes six times a year
Days of enjoyment to which everyone cheers
Bank holiday comes with a six pack of beer
Then it's back to work
A-g-a-i-n

I think it was called 6 times a year.

[ 26.08.2005, 12:02: Message edited by: ralph ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
Who the hell is Thorn Davis?
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Who the hell is Thorn Davis?

He's the new Kovacs.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
He's the new Kovacs.

What's a Kovacs?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
That's it then. 5.30. Only 16 posts. Let's not make a big thing of it, eh? It's been fun. See you all in the next life.
MiscellaneousFiles

Shame he didn't make it to 8k.
ralph

Could I have his username if he's really gone? I'd like a fresh start, as I've made an ass of myself using this name. [Embarrassed]
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
Going on previous history of other boards, you generally make an arse of yourself whatever username you use.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
Going on previous history of other boards, you generally make an arse of yourself whatever username you use.

Touché. Marvellous!
jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post 
sitting around doing not much. Wasted some money gambling, gonna play poker with friends tonight hopefully, bought some music, oh and I got chilli pepper injected under my skin last week. Very painful, the man said I got a "good reaction" because the redness spread so far. Trying to tidy my room but I just can't get up te effort knowing I'm gonna be in Italy next year.

Found out my school in italy is a boarding school so hopefully free accomodation and food, huzzah!

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
absolutely fucked in the heid. Have had lotsof peepl around (count=16ish) for the barbecuing and am abso fucking lutely pissed. My friend and his b/friend are staying and have gone 2 bed and I am conducting drunken clearup=notagoodthingowmyhead.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

London

[ 28.08.2005, 19:26: Message edited by: London ]

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
whatevs

--------------------

London

I didn't say anything horrible, dude! I just posted somethng about my (incredibly boring) weekend, then retracted it, because it was so incredibly boring.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
no worries. godddd my head is pounding and I seem to have lost my ability to balance. and quite a lot of my glassware, somewhere. but I have gained about 50 beers, so you know, the next round's on me!

--------------------

Ringo

Today I'm test driving a white Eunos Roadster! Huzzah!
jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post 
my dad got me a dan electro guitar! i mean the necks been cracked but its been repiared and its the coolest thing ever! So im happy about that. and my bet is winning so far, of 6 teams, 2 have won! I hope the others win, I could do with 500 quid.

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it actually an import, or are you just hoping someone's going to ask why you don't try an MX-5 instead?
squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this what life is like without TMO? I dont like it when the UK has a bank holiday. Ah well, we get more public holidays here than you guys anyway.

Last weekend I got to test drive a friends Mercedes ML500 while a bit pissed. It got a puncture. I was a little surprised too, I mean it looks a little like an off-roader I thought it would be able to handle the bit of dirt road (which my ancient corolla drives down everyday) a little better than that.

It looked a lot like this. Except it was going pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
 -

--------------------
supa scrub

Cherry
You!
Cut my eggs!
 - posted      Profile for Cherry           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm having a nice time - buggering about on the beach near my new seaside home, drinking too much and making a prat of myself.

Quite remarkable - a hot & sunny August Bank Holiday. The doom-mongers must be right: something is seriously wrong with the climate these days!

I went to "Jaws on the beach" on Saturday night - yes, it was a mass screening of Jaws on Brighton beach. Very odd.

Is anybody going to the Notting Hill Carnival?

--------------------
I love God! He's so deliciously evil!

New Way Of Decay

I've just taken a walk up to the shops and the weather is hot but it makes everything seem really clean. All the broken glass shards from last nights boozing are glistening like jewels on the pavement. All the kids are imprisoned to play sports forever behind the silhouetted slats of Finsbury Park fence. It's beeyootiful. I was walking around the comparatively freezing Sainsburys and dodging children. At one point I was nearly involved in a hit and run with a childe on a scooter. He stopped though and I gave him my best grown-up 'you'll have an accident/You could end up in the biscuit rack' face. My coke bottle is sweating in the heat. Oh, and I'm watching Bad Religion tonight. Swee[a]t.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Posting by Cherry:
*cough/splutter* Hallo you.

--------------------

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Carter:
Is it actually an import, or are you just hoping someone's going to ask why you don't try an MX-5 instead?

'Tis an imported Eunos Roadster.

This one in fact:  -

And as of tomorrow it shall be mine.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+