Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Colour Supplements (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Colour Supplements
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
One light orange multivitamin tablet
Two Light Yellow Omega 3 and 6 capsules
One Acidophilus capsule

Do you take supplements ? I’d been feeling a little low of late so I’ve gone back to taking my daily supplements and I think I do feel better.

As I start my countdown to a beerless (Well, boozeless) month of February (28 days of alcoholic intoxicant free living, I bet it’ll be hell) I’m trying to bolster up my system. I already run, or use the running machine each day, and I’m dusting of my weights and will soon be attempting a sit up BUT is it really worth it ?

I’m quite happy with my diet, I eat well and enjoy what I eat, but I’m not so happy with my general ‘feeling’ of health.

I’ve been quite happy for the last 5 years or so to drink 6 beers a night and fall asleep in a comatose heap in bed or on the couch, but now I want to feel better.

What works TNO, what gets your pecker up, your cheeks flushed and a healthy glow back to your face ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
Drugs.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
i went on a ten mile ramble last weekend. it was supposed to be 6 but they fucking lied to us the *****. i have not joined the ramblers association yet, because if i do that i will have to buy lots of beige clothes and beige is evil. i was wearing a bright orange linen dress and purple shrug with a thermal damart vest underneath, two pairs of tights and a pair of blue stripey knee high socks and a purple wool coat. DEATH TO ALL BEIGE CLOTHES. I SPURN ALL BEIGE. all the beige ramblers were saying 'arent you cold? how are you not cold?' and i was hard pressed not to say 'I AM WEARING WOOL. you know what, ive never seen a sheep wearing wickable microfibers'.

afterwards i ate a scone the circumference of a baby's head. it was Teh S3x.

also, i have not drunk for 22 days. this makes me feel good.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
I've not had a cigarette for about four months now. That should make me feel better than it actually has but I've hardly been to the gym since I gave up smoking so I think the one counters out the other. I don't take any vitamins. I don't really believe in them. Wasn't there a big piece of NEWS a few years back saying all vitamin supplements are about as much use as eating air? I've slipped into casually drinking at home during weekday evenings - which is not a good thing. I really shouldn't do it. I go the pub often enough, I should certainly be drinking no alcohol when I do stay at home.

I went through a period of drinking lots of water and I believe that made me feel a lot better. For some reason, I keep forgetting to do it. I mean, Jesus, it's not that hard. Especially when my dehydrated lumino-piss acts as a warning beacon.

Consuming air is probably quite important to one's well-being actually.

[ 16.01.2006, 09:11: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
I take Multibionta which is probably quite necessary alongside the MiscDiet. I also take ginkgo which is said to improve the circulation. I don't know if either of them do anything really.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still happy with beer therapy.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I persuaded Raz to join the YMCA gym the other day. He intends to become all muscled and shout at people on buses.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
christ.

acidopholous is good for you. but what i like best about it is it sounds like a greek wrestler. 'everybodypeeps needs helfy tummy innit'.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
I'm going boxing on Thursday night. I'll have to get in the ring and spar.

Hope I get a small guy.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon it's the Omega 3 and 6 that's doing the good though, 'cos I don't eat fish innit.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never really been convinced by vitams and things. I took Creatin when I was learning the ancient art of Wing Chun Kung Fu, to try and prevent the constant muscular pain, and I also popped this when I was cycling in denmark to prevent cramps, but that's it. And I have no idea if that made any difference. What's the point of taking things that seem to make no difference? If you're down, take some meds. If you're in pain, take some proper painkillers. Unless you're going out of your way to avoid a certain food group, chances are you're going to get enough of it. And, isn't it the case that some of the vitamins in multivitamins are instantly destroyed by digestion, or they can't be taken up in the form that they're being ingested? Or something? I bet that there are websites around to debunk these things.

These people that take tablets with 30000% more Vitamin C that the RDA. WTF? What does that do?

eta: Injested? Fucking hell.

[ 16.01.2006, 09:28: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
Eating really garlicky hearty veg packed food things - which I do.

Going swimming or gymming regular - not since November.

Avoiding booze and fags - which I don't. Yet.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Wasn't there a big piece of NEWS a few years back saying all vitamin supplements are about as much use as eating air?

Mostly yes, except for some which might actually be bad for you if you take too much. Though too much is usually a fair old amount a good rule is if you are taking a multivitamin supplement containing any lipid soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) don’t take any additional supplements of these. And never double-drop selenium supplements…

Some Scandinavian chaps say,,,,

It is sensible and harmless to take a multivitamin and mineral pill for people in risk groups, e.g. people eating very little or have an unbalanced diet (children, old people, patients). Except for these groups it is poorly documented that vitamins and minerals in large doses have a preventive or therapeutic potential. The largest health potential lies in a healthy diet.
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2004 Jun 17;124(12):1646-9.

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
I take a multi-vit with folic acid for possible procreation poiposes, and some iron as I have a low blood count. But that's it. I occasionally read something in the Hobserver saying that taking loads of Vitamin E will make me really successful and popular, or some such, and go and buy it, for it to sit in the cupboard and go off.

I have recently started eating meat again after five years of absention, and feel much livelier for it. And only a little bit guilty.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
Like Benway, I've never been suckered in by the Vitamins supplement guff. Although I have made a conscious effort to eat better (more) this year, and it's made a suprising difference. On Friday Octavia sent me 'before' and 'after' pictures of Jan 2005, and Jan 2006, and there was a suprising difference. This time last year I looked like I was going to die - actually die - at any moment. Now, I look a lot less like the kind of person you'd stop in the street just to say "Jesus mate, are you OK?" Running helped, I guess, and drinking a lot, lot less (although still every day - just not as much every day). But mostly I reckon it's better eating.

[ 16.01.2006, 09:38: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I feel a tiny improvement in my well-being each time a faddy helath regime is shot down in flames by the the twin guns of science and news (usually a couple of years after it arrives - leaving enough time for some actual research to be carried out).

When detexing was brought crashing to earth just after Christmas, I believe a shot of "HA!" straight into my heart added at least a minute onto my life.

[ 16.01.2006, 09:37: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Taking vitamin C along (joice or something) with iron supplements may help you absorb some of it. Maybe.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Echinacia, plus vitamins ACE with selenium.

I don't know why really.

I do it very haphazardly.

If I have a specific problem, I'll take a specific thing. Lysine for mouth-gaids, etc.

I want to start giving a fuck about exercise and healthy living, but drinking has been the only thing that has helped me get through the recent miserable patch. Granted, you wake up the next morning and it all comes rushing back, and then you realise that drinking didn't help change anything, just blotted it out for a bit - but at least for that bit you felt happy.

Exercise helps me feel really positive about myself and my body and my life.

I don't do any. Maybe ride my bike around the park sometimes. I can't do step since I broke my leg. I'd like to do some yoga; my back is starting to mimic my mother's osteoperosis curve.

Meh.

edit: other stuff I like to do that makes me feel good = raqs sharqi (e.g. bellydance - studied for five years, then just stopped), and a float in a floatation tank (for real - it's EXCELLENT! i might go again soon. it's expensive though).

[ 16.01.2006, 09:42: Message edited by: London ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
What do people here know about...Christ, what's it called? Shitpiping....enema-ing...I can't believe I can't remember the name....Richard Blackwood did it.... on Celebrity Arses...>WHAT THE FUCK IS IT CALLED?

[ 16.01.2006, 09:43: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

London

Wow, that post didn't sound like me at all! Even the formatting isn't like my usual formatting. Who the FUCK wrote that?
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
This one girl at first school always had some sort of vitamin tablet in her lunchbox, especially wrapped in silver foil. I was insanely jealous of them. Nothing in my lunchbox was ever wrapped in aluminium foil! It was either boring old cling film, or worse still supermarket carrier bags, or the bag that the sliced loaf came in. THE SHAME. So secretly I still think vitamin pills must be kinda cool.

I take iron supplements (dark red tablets) when I remember, being vegesquarian and all. I don't think they really do anything, but they shut my mother up. I can't really be bothered with anything else.

When I had a hacking old man's cough for most of November, Thorn kept insisting I drink some of his "special medicine", but I avoided that.

The look of those sickly "good bacteria" yogurt drinks make me shudder. Just wrong.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Yoga was horrible London, but it may have been the group I went to.

I'm gonna give Thai Chi a go instead. Will report back when I do.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

London

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
What do people here know about...Christ, what's it called? Shitpiping....enema-ing...I can't believe I can't remember the name....Richard Blackwood did it.... on Celebrity Arses...>WHAT THE FUCK IS IT CALLED?

Colonic irrigation, dufus.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Jonesy: Colonic Irrigation. Sounds horrendous.

I take vitamin C because I like the tatse of the effervescent ones. I lick them before I dissolve them and the spiky ooh bubbles on my tongue is very cheering. Other than that I drink too much, I smoke too much and my only exercise is walking to the train station and back. I used to beat myself up over this and hate myself for not being a healthy teetotal jogger with shiny cheeks and bright eyes. Now I find I don't really care very much. I suspect this is a side effect of getting really fucking old this year.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Colonic irrigation?

I don't know anyhting about it, other than I dont want it. And that it might be the worst job ever.

Oh, and in a book I read once a woman had it done fairly regularly so that she had a flat tummy for special occasions. She was a baddie though.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Jesus my memory. I need to take some more fishguts supplements or something.

Thank you, that's the fella, colonic irrigation. Well, on New Years Eve one of my friends was telling me that he'd had it done. He'd paid for several sessions of it. He swears by it. And he isn't even from West London. He's a surveyor from Manchester for fuck's sake.

Am I odd to find that surprising. Has anyone here had it done? Do people believe it does any good? Cards on the table, I'm sceptical.

[ 16.01.2006, 09:48: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Is that where they stick a tube up your arse and suck stuff out? That's nasty.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Maybe if you dont eat any fibre it would clear out the several weeks old Gregg's pasties and KFC leftovers? That can only be a good thing.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also (so more than anything we can swear at eachother) going to treat February like lent and abstain from the booze for a whole month - something I haven't done since I was 16 I think.

Eek!

I think I am only going to start taking supplements if they act as drugs in case I get depressed, but I am just hoping that minus the booze, my body might start lusting after good food anyway, and just the break from the weekly alcoholic abuse might be enough for my body to like me again.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone on another board I post on had it done and posted about it. She found it cleansing. Apparently a highlight was being able to see what came out.

*shudder*

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Bandy's probably having colonic irrigation right now.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
I wonder what they do with all shit afterwards.
badgerhead
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for badgerhead           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:

Colonial emigration innit.

Foreign bodies exiting your arse.

Sorry.

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
Apparently a highlight was being able to see what came out.

-
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
It's "supposed" to be good for your skin and general wellbeing, although I'm not quite sure why.

The potential danger- that of the hose/water pressure rupturing the tissue there- has consequences that are far more severe than any vague benefits.

If you eat enough fruit and veg, things should be trundling through your system happily enough. Must be a contender for Worst Job award, but, fair play to anyone making money out of rich stupid people.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+