next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » eat (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: eat
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
lol

What's the weirdest shit you've eaten?

Me, I am not adventuress really. Never had whale, or spiders or scorpions, not even locusts which look kinda nice. Yak is okay, but is that weird? Yak burgeres are thhe nice. I'd quite like a kangaroo steak (where can I get in London? Earl's Court Sainsburys?) and crocodile. Frog's legs aren't strange at all, though frog's body would be. Snails are good too. So, that leaves me with some sort of worm I'd munch on in Thailand. They looked and tasted like puffed rice and went well with booze. I such a wimp.

How bout you?

vikram

-
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
I ate goat's brain, lifted from a boiling scull at a market in Marrakech. I can't remember what it tasted like really but I know it tasted nice enough. Snails and frogs legs and shit like that but nothing more exciting. Oh and a chicken pot noodle once in Hell Land.
vikram

dude that reminds me. i ate pig's brain. it was fucking sick. was all mushy and thick and smelled like... death.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I remember seeing those heads in the Marrakesh market. At the bit with all the bench and tables, and massive cauldrons of snails and guts. I think I had the chicken, although I've seen sheep's skulls and bull's bollocks at the butchers near me that I hope to try out one (drunken) day.

Weirdest thing was probably grasshoppers in Mexico. Or were they locusts? Whatever, handfuls some sort of crispy insect. And I once got a takeaway meal of malaysian raw shredded beef, which felt a bit like playing russian roulette with my stomach, but turned out nice.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I haven't eaten dogs and cats and stuff like that. I suspect you have, though, Vikram. You've eaten cats by the Lesbian (collective term for 8 felines, fact fans), you've dined on Doberman, chewed on Chiuaua,, shit out Shitsui. Haven't you?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I reckon grasshopers would actually be quite nice. I like very crispy, finely shredded meat - that's how I'd imagine grasshopers to be.
Dr. Benway

chowed on chow?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

vikram

actually

i wouldnt have a problem eating dog or cat. particularly cat, the little fuckers.

[ 19.01.2006, 05:31: Message edited by: vikram ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
I've had snails and all stuff like that but nothin seriously crazy. In Russia they served us sliced cow's tongue which was pretty grim, although mainly because it looked exactly like sliced tongue - you could se the little taste buds and everything. Far and away the worst thing I've ever eaten, though, was also in Russia. It was cheese, covered in chocolate. That was fucking foul. I'd rather eat any organ from any animal than have that horrible chocolate cheese again.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Lunched on Lassie, feasted on Fido, had Digby for dinner...the biggest meal in the world.

Oh.

[ 19.01.2006, 05:31: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Dr. Benway

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
I reckon grasshopers would actually be quite nice. I like very crispy, finely shredded meat - that's how I'd imagine grasshopers to be.

they're more like roasted peanuts.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I like roasted peanuts. I think I'll like grasshoppers.
Dr. Benway

reckon!

would you eat human? If you went somewhere and it was the done thing to like, eat those who've died, and the whole family was tucking into the recently departed kid, would you have a go?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
I once bit on a Bichon Frise with a side serving of fries.

no. that don't work.

vikram

one thing I would never ever eat, unless someone gave me like twenty grand: cockroach.

*puke*

dolphin's probably nice. had shark a few times, but not shark fin. what the hell is that like? pointless? i reckon killer whales would be nice. a nice big chunk, tandoori cooked maybe. mmmmm. (and it'd be revenge for blue planet)

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
I've also had veal, as well as foie gras pate. They were both absolutely delicious. Each time I didn't know what I was tucking into until I stopped to say "This is fantastic. What is it?" and your host is all like "How you say 'foie gras'?" and your heart kind of sinks, and there's a guilty sinking feeling when you realise how abhorrently the animal suffered just to provide you with a meal. Amazingly, this feeling disappears as soon as you take your next mouthful. It's incredible just how good mistreated animals can taste. Last time I had veal was in Berlin, which I felt was justified on the grounds that I'd suffered at least as badly, just by being stuck in Berlin.

-

[ 19.01.2006, 05:44: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Benway
would you eat human? If you went somewhere and it was the done thing to like, eat those who've died, and the whole family was tucking into the recently departed kid, would you have a go?

No. If I was starving to death, like the *Donner Party and stuff, I'd eat human to survive. I'd rather it was a stranger than a mate, though.

*Did you know that this ill-fated Amercian experience is where we get the term Donner Kebab from? not, as most people believe, from the film director Richard Donner - and the fact that a meat skewer, in the right hands, can be a lethal weapon.

[ 19.01.2006, 08:28: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

not...
I once had a feast on a Feist

I know I've never heard of one either [Frown]

vikram

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:

yeah, fuckit, why not? you seen ravenous? that's the gayerst film ever.
Dr. Benway

I've had veal as well. Just once, because I was on a different continent, so I figured I could get away with it. I didn't really enjoy it. Then I had sex with some children.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Edited because, when it comes down to it, it was probably quite rong.

I like veal.

[ 19.01.2006, 05:49: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

not...
Christ Jonesy. I bet you're not even going to edit that are you.
not...
lol
vikram

veal is lovely. in rome i ate it every day. went to dinner at some plush italian restaurant recently (twas gratis) and had veal wrapped in ham. was the yumm.

but yes it is wrong. i know this.

worst meat ever was in oslo. a slab of pork that must have been buried in teh ground or something and then boiled for days. was slimy and yuck.

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Veal, too.

What is it?

vikram

-
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
I've eaten manflesh. It was okay.

--------------------
sweet

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I watch programmes like Fear Factor and they have to eat stuff like ox bollocks, cow eyes, live insects or goat penis, I think "I could do that." Not all the climbing around on platforms suspended hundreds of feet above the ground though, that would really terrify me. I'm all for trying new things though and I haven't as yet ever refused to eat something. Pretty strange for someone who used to be a vegetarian. I've had grasshoppers, which were nice but rather insubstantial. I've eaten sheep's eyes, which were a bit rubbery and not something I'd order again in a hurry. A few years ago I had crocodile at an Argentinian restaurant, which was really nice - kind of like a cross between fish & chicken. When we were travelling in Africa soon after that, I'd mutter to each crocodile we saw, "I had your brother, he was grrreat." Last year I had reindeer in Finland which was delicious.

Other than that, I've had lots of snails, frog legs, ostrich, kangaroo, veal, foie gras, deer and I once had pigeon, which was dry and not that nice. I'd love to try fried worms, but I don't think I'd ever be able to eat a spider or a cockroach. I'd probably gag so much I couldn't swallow.

[ 19.01.2006, 05:57: Message edited by: turbo ]

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Dr. Benway

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
I've eaten manflesh. It was okay.

Err...

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

vikram

my friend ate tarantula. it had been fried in peanut oil i think. the legs were alright, but the body...

[ 19.01.2006, 06:00: Message edited by: vikram ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Roy
I like Veal, too.

What is it?

They hang baby Jesus up by a hook, slit his throat and let the blood drain out over a week. Then they insert new born kittens into his new neck slit and force feed them with ants...not just normal ants but cute ants from A Bugs Tale. When the kittens explode the ants go everywhere and, even though the kittens are dying from explodgut they can't help but bat at the fleeing insects; blinking with excitement, they pad at them with their little, tiny, fluffy paws. The batting gets softer and softer until the kittens are hardly able to lift their pads from the ground, their blinking eyes close for the last time and the little kittens drift off to enjoy their other eight lives. The Jesus slit is cleared out by sending in a near-dead, asthmatic chimney sweep boy, using his tongue as a scrub. When he is dead, he is discarded and five live human babies are put in. The throat is then sealed up with a welding torch and the skin stretched until it resembles a flesh tent. A powerful torch is shone through the flesh tent and hideous men and wolves cast shadows across its walls, dancing and screaming and terrifying the children. When the children are terrified to madness, when their heart rates are so fast it is like a quintet of muted drum rolls, the feast is almost ready. There is a five minute window to make the perfect veal. Jesus and the babies and the dead kittens and the remaining ants are then carried to your table and dropped in boiling oil. For perfect veal, you should eat the dish while it is still screaming. A special fork called a bnetri is used to spear our lord the saviour and swallow him into your belly before he escapes to Heaven to tell God you are evil.

Boil down the leftover veal for a fine stock.

[ 19.01.2006, 11:11: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
lollus!
vikram

jonesy, do you reckon cow fetus would be nice? how do they farm that? i've never heard of the meat, but you can get uber expensive fetus-skin leather.

there's a part of me that feels uneasy about this.

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:

For perfect veal, you should eat the dish while it is still screaming.

My stomach is growling...

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+