Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » the two in one friday fun thread: what are you wearing / weekend plans (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: the two in one friday fun thread: what are you wearing / weekend plans
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's fucking awesome. I really like it. Recommended.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't get a copy. Bad news about the cat, btw.

--------------------
sweet

London

Come to a meat and I'll show you mine.
London

Oh awesome! My bike's just been stolen. Let's not forget the fact that my hard drive died so I bought a new Macbook to replace it and it got a Hawk and a Hacksaw CD stuck in it and now it doesn't recognise the CD/DVD drive at all. Wow, what with my childhood pet being put down this really is an amusing little turn of events. Cheers god!
London

Although admittedly the person who cancelled my card for me when I retardedly left it in a Costcutter could in fact have gone on a huge spree with it. So. I guess I should remain calm.
Black Mask

Still, you've got a copy of Phonogram. They're like hen's teeth.

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Can we do anything to help or cheer you, London? Short of resurrect your cat, I mean. Darryn is the forum god, but I suspect even he might balk at feline zombification.

Apologies. My switch seems to be permanently jammed on 'facetious'. It's not intentional. Genuinely, if there's anything I can do to lift your mood...

I know. Have an otter hug!
 -

and a gym-freak hamster!  -

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
I like that that otter, although undeniably cute, has a quite pissed off face on him.I reckon he's going to be quite a feisty little bastard. I will call him Ray Lee.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Plus, it looks like tonight's performance of Beethoven's 5th might not happen and I had tickets for that, too. :doublemadfaece:

Well, TMOers will be relieved to hear that this in fact did go ahead, and they can download the performance here. The Philidelphia Orchestra's swing at Beethovens 5th (that's the LvBV if you're into classical music internet HAXXOR speak) is blistering and passionate and worth a listen. From way high up on the circle the first movement seemed to lack crispness - the duh duh duh DUHs seemed to fudge into each other a bit (forgive me if I'm using too much jargon here), but I think that may have just been the rubbishy acoustics of the Royal Albert Hall. What really came across for me in this performance was the gripping intricacy of the quiet second movement. Beethoven and Brahms are about the only composers where I can listen to the second movements without my mind drifting to trying to decide which cellist I'd most like to fuck in the ass. So, the extent to which I was able to focus on the music speaks volumes about the quality.

After that, was the Tchaikovsky 5th, which was fucking boring, leaden, tedious piece of Russian crap. My first reaction after the LvBV was that I wanted to listen to it again immediately. During the Tchaikovsky I found myself never wanting to hear a single phrase from it ever again. Actually, there were a few decent moments - a rippling of plucked strings breaking up the monotony of ponderous minor key dirging, for example. But for most of it I found myself indulging in lengthy and obscene imaginings about the Japanese cellist second from back.

Black Mask

lol
Good one

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
right well, here we go again.

#wear#

trusty old blue fred perry t-shirt
quite baggy but waist friendly blue jeans
comfortable black adidas trainers
black M&S regulation pants and 'jockeys'

#weekend#

Apart from a gig on sunday night being put on by some people from brazil who sing about sex, I have no plans. Probably tidy up, watch some anime, crack on with the robot. I'd also like to finish Our Man in Havana and move on to Disco's recommended 'Hangover Square'.

[ 08.09.2006, 10:41: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
today: get rid of my friend yoyo she just got back from an ashram and is all annoying.
meet up with hot chick i like. preparing for another round of heartbreal yeah! we are going to wicked chocolate shop in spitalfields, a couple of art shows (free booze) and a curry with a mate of mine.
hot chick will be drunk and need to go home. i'll walk her to her door and then return to the night getting hammered at birthday bash in strongrooms bar in hoxton followed by gayness night at bar music hall.

saturday: hackney houseparty with hot chick or else bloomsbury bowling lanes for some gig or something or ultragayness at bar music hall

sunday: brick lane festival! then neuravepostpunkpop band and electroberliness at bar music hall again

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Good lord.

Ware
Black and white stripey t-shirt
Black cropped trousers
Black thongy birkenstock sandals
Green leather jacket

Weak end
Tonight: seeing Vulva
Tomorrow: practising 'I know him so well' for audition. Sister's birthday meal at Joe Allen's. I hope to spot a celeb of the calibre of Barbara Windsor or Russ Abbott.

[ 08.09.2006, 10:52: Message edited by: herbs ]

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Black linen suit. With ankle length skirt and cutesy small jacket. I like linen suits. You can just dump them on the floor and then pick them back up again and put them on and go out and pretend to be a stylish professional even though you're crumpled as all fuck because is linen, innit? and no-one cares that you're crumpled. Or maybe no-one cares that you're crumpled anyway.

My Favourite Bracelet In The World, sliding up and down my wrist and making clunks of solidity on the hard wood of the desk as I type, no doubt driving anyone within earshot to murderous, frustrated rage that will carry thyem home fuming through their commute. Excellent.

Crap shoes. Really crap shoes. really really really crap shoes. Flat Clarks shoes bought to be 'quirky' (lol) with jeans. They are not quirky with a linen suit. They look crap. But are neccessary. Supportive and all that. But still crap.

London

Dressing-gown, for shamefully long, then polka-dot frock, black and white, but not in a Pipettes way, honest. Bare feet. Weekend plans: lots of writing (Monday deadlines for three separate pieces, none of which I have commenced.) Meeting my internet friend Clark - (oh, the one who registered here a little bit! We have not met yet!) for drinks in Finsbury Park, then home for more writing. Sunday - Brick Lane festival then CSS at Dingwalls in the evening, unless I go to the NME party on Tuesday but hopefully not. Tra la lalalalalala. Oh dear oh dear. Also! Painting my front room! Painting and DIY yes!
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
finsbury park, eh?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

vikram

a predominantly purple part of town
London

It's some kind of post-football match thing. Why, do you want to come? Also, there is one pub in Finsbury Park that should be coloured whatever the scenester colour was.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey herbs, I went to Joe Allen's on Sunday! Fancy that!

I had the slow roast pork, which was very nice.

herbs

Wicked. I had the spare ribs, which were nice but a bit cold at the ends, making me think I was going to get salmonella. I didn't. I also didn't spot Dale Winton or Christopher Biggins, so asked for my money back.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, I was at Silverstone destroying tyres again.
clark
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for clark           Edit/Delete Post 
The Friday fun thread seems to be lacking in FUN today. Can someone nip off down to the local shop and get some because i'm stuck at my desk and bored out of my MIND. [Frown]
herbs

I'll play with you Clark. Gibber.

Ware
White long linen skirt
Black and white stripey t-shirt (same as last Friday - it's my 'trendy top')
Green leather jacket
Black pierced leather belt

Wend
tonight: Some bar in Mayfair with friend over from NYC
Tommozza: Non-religious baptism in museum function room, 40th birthday party at Eyre Brothers. Mmmmmmmmm m.
Sunday: To Sis in Surrey for her and dad's birthday celeb.
How exhausting.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't remotely hilarious, but someone just came in and announced there were 'free muffins' in the canteen. When everyone scrambled off to get them and came back i said to my colleague 'did you see the courses?'

'what courses?'

'The courses the company is running....you know the ones they gave away free muffins to grab your interest with?'

'...'

Man, if that girl was a roadrunner, she'd be full of fucking corn mixed with ACME dynamite in about 0.5 seconds of the Looney Tunes intro music.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

clark
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for clark           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
I'll play with you Clark. Gibber.

Ware
White long linen skirt
Black and white stripey t-shirt (same as last Friday - it's my 'trendy top')
Green leather jacket
Black pierced leather belt

Wend
tonight: Some bar in Mayfair with friend over from NYC
Tommozza: Non-religious baptism in museum function room, 40th birthday party at Eyre Brothers. Mmmmmmmmm m.
Sunday: To Sis in Surrey for her and dad's birthday celeb.
How exhausting.

Seeing as you've shown me yours...

Ware
Navy pin-stripe, long-sleeved shirt
Jeans
Black, fancy looking shoes
Denim Jacket

Wend
Tonight - rest and relaxation
Saturday - review writing, dvd watching
Sunday - playing and watching football

oh what a thrilling life I lead...

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by clark:
Tonight - rest and relaxation

oh what a thrilling life I lead...

I'll trade lives with you. [Frown]
London

I am eating the BEST sandwich in the world ever. Fucking roast chicken salad sandwich with pickle and mayonnaise on doorstep white bread. BRING IT.

Tonight: write up interview, update website, tidy the messiest flat in the world e.g. this one

Tomorrow: band meeting. DO NOT KILL BANDMATE DO NOT KILL BANDMATE.

Sunday: Go to Hyde Park for some kind of wierd-ass horseman's parade with aforementioned bandmate in attempt to keep our friendship running despite band woes. Attempt to learn keyboards for our forthcoming gig. Paint front room and rearrange furniture to make it the most beautiful flat in the world again.

That's it really. Not so exciting I guess but exciting is over-rated anyway. And productivity is exciting in itself, right?

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
i am wearing

• white M&S shirt with very thin brownish and greyish checked pattern, sort of. given to me by a vastly more successful friend who gives me his cast-off shirts (honestly). cost - no pounds
  • primark navy blue 'slacks'. cost - six pounds
  • black lace-up work shoes from tx maxx. cost - six pounds
  • black socks from market. cost - about 30p
  • boxer shorts - i think they used to belong to my dad. cost - no pounds
that's a £12.30 outfit. big spender :proud:

i am doing

• nothing much this weekend, except getting minigree out of the house so maxigree can prepare for her first day of exciting new job on monday

[ 15.09.2006, 08:48: Message edited by: mart ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:

• boxer shorts - i think they used to belong to my dad. cost - no pounds

Surely your dad paid something for them? Or was he in the habit of coming home after a hard days work with extra mens undergarments?
vikram

tonight: probably stay in and watch romcoms and / or horror movies.

saturday: friend's birthday dinner. she's off clubbing after, in fucking brixton, so i'll be doing something else. supposed to be seeing lily allen at a warehouse party thing, so probably that.

sunday: chill chill chill. wander round the City. visit spitalfields chocolatier. fireworks on the thames apparently. oh and it's open hosue weekend, though i forgot about it and it's too late to book the stuff i really wanted. ah well.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
i'm sure my dad paid good money to secure these boxer shorts from their previous owner
London

Shit - I didn't know it was Open House this weekend!
vikram

[Frown] *
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
I keel you for you sandwich London. KEEEEL YOOOUUU!!!

This evening: I will be desperately rehearsing Best Man's speech / having anxiety nightmares.

Tomorrow: I will be crapping myself / being drunk as Best Man at Wedding at St Paul's Cathedral /reception of said.

Sunday: I will be hanging over / stripping kitchen walls / drinking lots of water.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+