Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » A problem shared... (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: A problem shared...
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rooster:
I can't remember if I bought that myself, but see, because of his thoughtful gift-giving habit, I attribute things to him that he might not have even actually bought

This of course makes gift giving occasions really very easy.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Bad Tmo Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samuelnorton:
Someone should tell his girlfriend to buy him a copy of an English dictionary.

and someone should buy you a history book...

[ 21.11.2006, 04:14: Message edited by: Bad Tmo Boy ]

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
Rooster is correct about the paying attention thing, I know I've both reaped the rewards when I have and the whirlwind when I haven't.
Just being aware of people's tastes helps alot.

I have to admit that my first best present was expensive, it was the Colour Sony Trinitron TV that my parents gave me for my tenth birthday. It was a brilliant television then, and despite heavy abuse it still works 22 and bit years later (not counting the knackered spring in the on/off switch or the fag burn) so in terms of value for money it was a sound investment.

Otherwise the best presents have mostly been things that I'd like but aren't the sort of thing I'd generally buy for myself, like tin robots, toy Gorillas, plush arty books, that sort of thing. Actually that's a lie, I'd buy myself all those things.

I've already got TheLady a trendy plastic bear figure thing she coveted, Sexy Beast (because she whumps for Ray Winstone), and have some other things up my sleave.

[ 21.11.2006, 06:22: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
"Sleave" - what a great word [Cool]
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Sleave: a fine thread.
mart
Also: "trendy plastic bear figure thing".
Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
I am working in a call centre taking orders for firebox.com and they have some really cool stuff, like a radio controlled helicopter for £30 which is really great fun, we have a competition at work and that is the prize. My boss took it on a test flight round the office yesterday, rather amusing and pretty cheap too.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
Boy Racers Sex Sleave.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have to write those little paragraphs they have in their catalogues?

Here in the call centre it's a laugh a minute with the remote control helicopter. We've even got Ride Of The Valkyries out of Apocalypse Now on all the time. BRILLIANT!

Sometimes I look through the firebox.com catalogue and think, "BRILLIANT!" Then I read the little paragraph and think, "Uh oh."

Can you pass that on? That they need to do a different catalogue aimed at people that are complete pratts but don't want to associate themselves with other pratts.

[ 21.11.2006, 06:51: Message edited by: dang65 ]

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a sleave?
squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
It's great when noobs post from call centers. They almost always go the same way; an energetic burst onto the scene followed by becoming one of the most prolific TMO posters for a couple of months until they get busted by their boss for serious time-wasting and never post again.

Anyways, enjoy your stay.

--------------------
supa scrub

Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
That they need to do a different catalogue aimed at people that are complete pratts but don't want to associate themselves with other pratts.

Man, you should hear some of the people that I take calls from, Viki Pollard eat your heart out. Its not just firebox I take calls for, there are about 300 businesses who's calls come through to us if they are unavailable, the most amusing are the personal injury claims lines and financial help services.
Boy Racer
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Also: "trendy plastic bear figure thing".

-

But in hot pink.

It's a Be@rbrick apparently.

[Roll Eyes] @my spelling.

[ 21.11.2006, 08:34: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

[Frown] I talked about fucking Qees aaaaages ago. I am so cutting edge I'm boring the first time around. [Frown]

In fact: RANTALERT. I hate anything collectable because of what a fucking sham every company makes collecting anything, EVER. When I went into Forbidden Planet in Bristol, they had opened the blind-boxes and taped them back up trying to sell them for 5 pouunds each. Hello you *****. I'm paying five quid in order to surpise myself. The strip of sellotape and tattered box guarantees me that for five of the english spons, I am getting the bear designed by Laura Ashley. And Transformers, don't get me started on Transformers.

[ 21.11.2006, 10:06: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
I get really gutted when people talk about collectable toys of yesteryear. All my GI Joe men and He Man figures could have been worth something but I destroyed them all with french bangers in my friends garden. Scorched plastic limbs and annihilated vehicles abound.
missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah my brother sold all his original Star Wars toys (including his Millenium Falcon) for about 20p each at a bring and buy sale when he was about 12 and has being haunted by his stupidity ever since.
Boy Racer
Don't even start. I gave away a lot of Star Wars figures in a fit of insane teenage altruism.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

God that all sounds rubbish. I have 40 of the 1998 line of Transformers, in the original boxes, neatly packed away in boxes. My sister incidentally told me a tale of how she went to a car boot sale last week with her fiance who managed to bag a rare Star Wars figure for 20p. Apparently he silently muttered to himself with a look of smug satisfaction for about an hour.

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
I sold my baseball card collection in 1981 for a cool $1,200. I bought a 1971 VW SuperBeetle with the money. Had I held onto those cards for another 25 years, I could have bought a fucking house. [Frown]

ETA: Welcome, Bad Tmo Boy. [Smile]

[ 21.11.2006, 11:09: Message edited by: ralph ]

Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
If my tight arsed mother ever forked out for a starwars millenium falcon I would still play with it now, it'd save me a fortune on computer games [Frown]
Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
I sold my baseball card collection in 1981 for a cool $1,200. I bought a 1971 VW SuperBeetle with the money. Had I held onto those cards for another 25 years, I could have bought a fucking house. [Frown]

ETA: Welcome, Bad Tmo Boy. [Smile]

Cheers Ralph.
If you hang onto that super beetle for 25 years you could buy all the posters on tmo a house.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post 
lol, remember school discos when all the boys went on one side and the girls on the other!? And then we all had BMX's and did rubiks cubes' and had big hair! Mental.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 -

Oi Rehmehmbaah Stahrr Warrs! RocknRrrowel!

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 -

whats that yer sehhh? Star Wars? Bloody Star Wars? I'll Star Wars you in a minute y'little - Eeee, but it were like that in our house. Orr Yes. Orr Yes. Norr bloody Star Wars fer me. Norr.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 -

D'ya remember star wars? All the little toys and spaceships and things? I had one of them in school, I think it was Luke Skywalker, but one day I got it stuck up my nose and all the other kids called me a wanker. Shortly after I that I left the teaching profession

*does dickhead hand gesture*

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 -

LOL!

Bolton!

New Way Of Decay

-

I loved Star Wars. And port. That's what we use to do as kids. Pretend to be soldiers, with guns made from egg boxes. *wiggles fingers*

--------------------

Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
DID rubiks cubes? fuck I thought they were for kids who went to Centaa instead of proper school so the teachers could give themselves a break from confiscating sharp objects while the kids looked at the pretty colours.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
if this was the kind of board where we could have moving avatars by our names, i would definitely want to have one which animated all of the wacky facial expressions vernon kaye makes in the title sequence of celebrity family fortunes, over and over, again and again.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I know you didn't ask the question 'why don't we have animated avatars', but you did answer it.
Bad Tmo Boy
TMO Member
I'd have Chris Evans kicking himself in the nuts over and over.
mart
I would have one that morphed through all 20 cheeses that featured in Disco's Cheese Olympics.

And "if someone beats you to your cheese of choice you simply choose another cheese" would be both my tag and my sig. And all my posts would just say that. If someone beats you to your cheese of choice you simply choose another cheese.

turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
Turbo Man is insisting we keep his old Atari computer that is currently sitting in our attic because it will be worth "thousands" in a few years' time... I hope he is right, but as far as I'm concerned it's just something that takes up a lot of space.

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
The more you tell us about Turbo Man, the more I like him. And let the poor guy hold on to his Atari...it's not that big.
New Way Of Decay

Turbo sounds quite cruel to Turbo Man. Clearly he has his hopes set on riches beyond belief and the item that he treasures is about the size of what? A boxfile?

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+