Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Generic conversational starter #1 Alright? good weekend? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Generic conversational starter #1 Alright? good weekend?
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
A few little snippets.

My mum got her words mixed up at the dinner table, She meant to tell us that she had the video, in reference to a conversation we were having about Buena Vista Social Club. Instead she came out with "I got the VD". A bit of a bombshell to say the least. Luckily my 2 year old didn't overhear - "Nana's got the VD" would of been a difficult one to explain.

also, 2 year old psychopath in the back of the car after coming home from a friends house:

2yo "mummy get out car"

mummy: mummy can't get out the car darling, the cars moving"

2yo "mummy get out car, get run over"

daddy: that's not very nice is it? You don't want mummy to get run over do you?

2yo (Blank expression) "yeh"

anything happen at the weekend for you? Meet any strange people, do anything stupid, heard someone say something weird? Or did you just sit in your room with your games console, not answering your phone, in your pants?

[ 19.02.2007, 07:02: Message edited by: not... ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
Benway hurried me out of the toilet in the Chinese so I shit myself 5 footsteps away from my front door.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post 
urgh.

You didn't have to share that. Haven't you come across the concept of an internal monolgue?

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by not...:
my 2 year old

I knew it! Why did you lie to me when I tried to out you?

Weekend was largely based around my parents coming up on Sunday to see my new home for the first time, which sent Octavia into a whirlwind of cleaning, DIY, cooking and bug eyed stress at making a good impression on my folks. I spent most of Saturday morning trying to make wireless internet work and occasionally walking across the freshly coated stonework on the kitchen floor and getting shouted out.

Parental visit went OK - they seemed to like the house, although they treated me like a guest in my own home - telling me to take my shoes off before going upstairs etc. There was a bad moment when I was showing off the Wii and my mother thought that you could control it with - you know - just your hand and stood in front of it waving her fist like a tennis raquet. Once it was all explained, she beat my dad at Wii tennis, which soured the atmosphere a bit, but I took them out to a clock museum in the afternoon and they settled down a bit.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

New Way Of Decay

Monolgue? There was some external analgoo. That's for sure.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

What?

--------------------

sam
TMO Member
Very witty!

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

New Way Of Decay

Well I'm dying to know what you got up to this weekend sam, but I'm assuming you defecated properly so maybe we could take take that a given and skip to the exciting part.

--------------------

not...
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by not...:
[qb] my 2 year old
I knew it! Why did you lie to me when I tried to out you?

I dunno, I guess I felt that if I let on to you that I had a family and people I cared about that you would note it down and use it against me at some point in the future. Like in Gladiator when he escapes execution but then they kill his wife and son and he arrives home to find their burnt bodies hanging from his porch.

maybe not quite that bad, but along those sort of lines.

quote:
There was a bad moment when I was showing off the Wii and my mother thought that you could control it with - you know - just your hand and stood in front of it waving her fist like a tennis raquet.
lolol I can just see this, superb.

[ 19.02.2007, 07:24: Message edited by: not... ]

New Way Of Decay

quote:
I guess I felt that if I let on to you that I had a family and people I cared about that you would note it down and use it against me at some point in the future.

What are the chances of that when you won't show us a picture eh not? We've had to draw what we think we remember you look like. Draw.

--------------------

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
My weekend was shit.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday involved meeting up at 11am at a pub on Whitehall in London, and then going on a 'Dick Whittington' pub crawl for the next 9 hours roughly, consuming a ridiculous quantity of quality ale, undoubtedly being increasingly loud and obnoxious, and generally having a damn good laugh.

We did make one mistake though, trying to find a chinese restaurant that would take a group of 7 pissed people, with no booking..on Chinese New Years eve.. So we ended up in Chiquito's in Leicester Square, eating some very nice tex-mex, and being entertained by our extremely camp waiter who insisted on telling us that he was really an actor and he was only waiting as a sideline.

Sunday involved recovering..

New Way Of Decay

I had a really good time on Saturday. Sorry I'm a massive lightweight.

--------------------

not...
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
Saturday involved meeting up at 11am at a pub on Whitehall in London, and then going on a 'Dick Whittington' pub crawl for the next 9 hours roughly, consuming a ridiculous quantity of quality ale, undoubtedly being increasingly loud and obnoxious, and generally having a damn good laugh.

We did make one mistake though, trying to find a chinese restaurant that would take a group of 7 pissed people, with no booking..on Chinese New Years eve.. So we ended up in Chiquito's in Leicester Square, eating some very nice tex-mex, and being entertained by our extremely camp waiter who insisted on telling us that he was really an actor and he was only waiting as a sideline.

Sunday involved recovering..

That's a good overview, but I guess what I'm looking for on this thread is the smaller details, an anecdote, a tiny moment, a snippet, a morsel if you must.

[ 19.02.2007, 07:40: Message edited by: not... ]

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I had a really good time on Saturday. Sorry I'm a massive lightweight.

Don't be daft, it was great to see you and Benway, I'm just glad you waited until later to shit your pants, that sort of thing can really put a crimper on a good time..
sam
TMO Member
quote:
That's a good overview, but I guess what I'm looking for on this thread is the smaller details, an anecdote, a tiny moment, a snippet, a morsel if you must.

What, you think Not's shit qualifies as an appropriate 'morsel' then?

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

New Way Of Decay

This is gold dust.

--------------------

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post 
I went to see Guillemotts on Friday which was great despite yet another boringly pretentious and self conscious fucking London crowd. "Oh no we can't possibly sing collectively at your suggestion Mr Musician, that might be fun."

After that we went to a bar for a very quick drink before fucking that off and going back to a mate's place and stayed up all night listening to music and dribbling.

After staggering home and scoring about three hours sleep I went round to my Dad's to move some furniture for him, then promptly returned home and back to bed.

I woke up in the dark and called a friend to come out to the geezery local boozer which was practically deserted. After several continental lagers and a good deal of talking shit we went back to mine and played Wii for a few hours before I sent him on his way in a cab.

On Sunday I lay around waiting for the British Gas repairman to come and fix my boiler. I also played some Zelda, watched Vampire Hunter D and some Firefly, and did some free weights and push-ups and an hour on the excercise bike.

It was all very nice, but I need to crack into the DIY, and I keep avoiding in favour of fun or sitting on my arse.

[ 19.02.2007, 10:20: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

sam
TMO Member
Why am I calling NWOD Not?

Much apologies all round.

My weekend was shite, although not in the NWOD sense. I have a pair of lungs that collapse if someone in the next room sneezes and after catching a lurgy a week or so ago from a friendly twat on public transport who didn't know what a hanky was, they are working on low capacity. It means I will soon be on steroids, and eating like a horse, which will do little for my waistline. The lack of oxygen will explain my stupidity I hope.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
I took MiniGree to see the worst film ever made. Epic Movie. Very, very, very, very bad. It made the Star Wars Christmas Special seem "good".

MiniGree loved it. She should know better, but she is 11 and had decided that she was going to like it before going, so it scored a hit with her. The film had no redeeming feature at all.

It was really, really bad.

Bad Movie.

not...
quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
My weekend was shit.

What happened?
sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
.....the worst film ever made.....

I don't know, films at the moment seem particularly bad. I am still reeling from supposing that Babel might be the best of a poor lot and still hating almost every moment of it. I know the King of Scotland is meant to be so so, but Uganda? For a fun afternoon out?

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Louche
quote:
What happened?

I surveyed the bleakness of my future and cried a lot. On the upside, tea on Saturday was burger and chips.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
There was no 6 Nations, so technically that didn't actually qualify as a weekend at all, but it did mean that I actually did things on Saturday and Sunday, even if they were incredibly dull things like going to the bank and sort of looking at the garden thinking, "I'd better fix that, and cut that, and sweep that. soon. ish."

Also, my partner has gone native and got herself a job at t'mill (t'historic National Trust one near our house). Actually she's been working there off and on for a while now doing rubbish jobs, but now they're paying her to demonstrate historic cotton mill equipment out of the Industrial Revolution. This is the first job I've known where people go, "Oh, wow" [*interested*] when she tells them instead of the sort of vacant mumble, "how interesting" [*change subject*] which most of us are used to. So that's really good as she's right into history and that, but it means I'm on my own at the weekends now and will have to console myself with drinking beer and watching rugby and saying, "don't do that" to the children.

mart
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
and saying, "don't do that" to the children.

What sort of things will they be doing to make you say that?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Putting coats on
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
lol. Good one Ringu.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post 
Weekend has been reasonably uneventful here. Rooster's had some photo work to keep her busy, and I've been all domestic, to the point of actually involving baking, frightening as that may sound. Today, it's stupidly cold*, and we are about to head out to drive 100 miles for my nephew's birthday party. Which in itself should be OK, were it not for the variety of other stressors which are always involved at any given family gathering. A good way to finish off the long holiday weekend, possibly marginally better than having had to go to work today.

* = 2F/-16C at the moment, brr.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

mart
Why is putting coats on funny.
not...
quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
quote:
What happened?

I surveyed the bleakness of my future and cried a lot. On the upside, tea on Saturday was burger and chips.
FWIW Sorry to hear that.
not...
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Why is putting coats on funny.

In crowd joke.
Louche
quote:
FWIW Sorry to hear that.

Cheers. I cried in the post office earlier, but it is full of madders anyway so I suspect no-one actually noticed.

[ 19.02.2007, 10:06: Message edited by: Louche ]

mart
I used to be so in-crowd.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
i had an EZCELLENT weekend. i went to glastonbury for the day on sunday and got broken by a goddess healer. well, she didnt do the breaking, i accidentally broke myself by being cockminded enough to believe that having a woman called 'koko' gently manipulate my toes for one hundred and eighty seconds whilst humming was enough to rid me of my utterly crippling perennial february- based spiritual and physical malaise. the healing was provided on a donations only basis and i only had 33 pee on me so i think i got my money's worth. anyway, once my auras had been cleansed and my power animal had retired back to its otherworldy den to wash its bottom*, i was suddenly filled with an INTENSE NEED to climb to the tor. so i did. very quickly. in fact it took me 34 minutes to get from the high street to the tor. thats really quite quick, especially considering i walked half a mile down the road to street before turning back towards the chalice well. the path is quite narrow up to the tor and i almost accidnetally kicked a labrador in the heid, so desperate was i to look down upon the blessed vale of avalon. (i couldnt see anything! it was all misty! it was like the cover of a led zeppelin album!) hence: brokenness.

here is the excellent part of my weekend though. the bristol- glastonbury bus changes at wells, location of HOT FUZZ. wells cinema has MASSIVE hot fuzz posters in the window and a sign by the door saying '<i>sandford miniplex- home of hot fuzz</i>. its a very nice thing. unfortunately, just because wells is the location of the nation's current number one box office draw doesnt mean that those ***** at first travel havent decided to rip the bus station to pieces and then not tell any of their employees (who are all, naturally, from a small hamlet just outside katowice) where the buses to bristol are supposed to leave from. so after ten minutes of trying to find the bus- stop, wathcing the bus trundle off towards bris without me on it, there i was, at eight o clock in the evening, worrying that i was stuck in wells for the night! fucking shitcocks! and my phone was about to run out and id given all my money to koko the toe- manipulating snake-oil vendeuse. luckily i only had to run up and down outisde wells tesco for twenty minutes gibbering and blagging rollups off teenagers before a nice man informed me that not only did first employ fucktards but that their bus stop info was written by fucktards, and that there was another bus in twenty minutes. but not before replying to my jokey comment that i thought i would have to sleep at the bus station for the night with the extremely sinister warning that '<i>ooh, thatd the quickest way to end up in the cells for the night'</i>. WELCOME TO SANDFORD! EYYYYY!

then i went home and had hobnobs for dinner. wizzo!

* my power animal is a starnosed mole called denise.

[ 19.02.2007, 10:22: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post 
The funniest moment I can recall from the weekend is my good friend 'Mooney' - who is nearly fifty - taking four ecstasy pills during the Manchester City Vs Reading match. He claims that he has to take them in order for him to be able to 'drink properly' - it is standard procedure for him to get through an average of 15/20 pills over the course of a weekend, however these pills were obviously far stronger than his usual batch.

Shortly, his face turned red and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of the sockets. I have never seen anybody look so fucked in my entire life. The gurning was extreme. He kept mumbling incoherently with his eyes now rolling around in all directions. Once fully under the powers of the pills, he attempted to go to the toilet, at which point he fell into a table, knocking several pints to floor. After being helped back to his feet he zig-zagged across the pub, en route for the exit and fell asleep in the doorway. I then put him in a taxi and sent him home. Man, I sure am a little concerned about him.

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+