Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Bank Holiday (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Bank Holiday
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
So! Long weekend starts tomorrow! Has anyone got any plans?

I can barely sit still with excitement - I haven't had any time off since I started this job back in November and have got some great plans lined up for the weekend. Most likely Friday will be chilled out, but things will kick off on Saturday as a bunch of friends are coming down for the weekend. Going to have a full house, in fact. Expecting seven people on Saturday, and we're gonna go see Clutch at the Zodiac, then hit a pub or two on the way home. Sunday, another couple of people are adding to the melee and I'm gonna be doing a big tradiation Easter Sunday lunch (Fajitas, probably because it's all I can cook). Few drinks on Sunday afternoon and evening. Then. Chillout with films and games on Monday. Should be fantastic.

How about you.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Friday - clean house, drink beer with TMOdad and play PS3.

Saturday - help mate with website, evening spent with band chums and possibly alcohol.

Sunday/Monday - Chilling with friends maybe??

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Friday morning: chores and gardening.

Friday or Monday lunch - boozy lunch at friend's place with usual suspects.

Friday evening: gig in Cardiff with 3 of aforementioned suspects

Saturday: down to Mum's place, general odd-jobbing and PC assistance

Sunday: Mum's excellent Easter lunch with all the trimmings, more odd-jobbing & PC assistance, possibly family outing to cinema

Monday: back to Bristol, possibly boozy lunch as above.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd forgotten all about the long weekend. My folks are down from Scotland, so I imagine getting drunk through gritted teeth will be on the cards at some point.

--------------------
sweet

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post 
lie around with the curtains closed, drinking beer and playing computer games.

eta: And seeing necro on saturday night. STICK A GUN IN YOUR **** FOR FUN, PISS IN YOUR DRINK, FUCK WHAT YOU THINK.

Unlike you guys, I don't have many friends to hang out with, but somebody will be coming with me to the gig at least.

[ 04.04.2007, 11:36: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking forward to the bank holiday weekend too. I'm going out round Manchester for a few beers on Thursday night with my Kaiser Chiefs-loving-girlfriend, followed by 'The A6 Run' all day Friday, which involves fifty-odd or so of us meeting in a pub (which name always escapes me) at the end of the A6 in Hazel Grove and drinking our way back towards Stockport - 30-odd pubs in total, hence why we only have halfs in each pub. I thought I'd be a smart arse last year and try to outdo everybody by drinking pints, but regretted doing so within the first ten pubs. Ach. We'll be stopping off somewhere during the crawl to watch the City stuff Charlton.

Saturday will mainly involve sleeping, before heading off into Manchester again for a spot of clubbing. I will ensure that we all go to Rockworld, of course.

Sunday will be a 'cracker', as we head off to Aqua Bar's Easter Breakbeat Eggstravaganza, which will involve lots of drinking, egg painting, jumping around near the canal outside and bugging the DJs to fuck.

We're supposed to be doing something on Monday too, but I'm buggered if I can remember what. I'll play it by ear.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Friday I'm going to be driving to Leicester to pick up a few bits for my car. I'm trying to sort out all these niggly little silly problems before I sell it. Then Saturday I'm halping a friend replace the track rod ends on his car, maybe drinking somewhere in the evening. Sunday I'm helping another friend sort his car. I'm not sure what needs doing but he seems to think it'll take all weekend. Possibly stripping the interior. Who knows. Then Monday it's off to Lydden Hill for some Rallycross.

Jesus. [Embarrassed]

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Not entirely sure. An unholy mix of drinking with pals over from New York, pottering in the garden, visiting in-laws (complete with pregnant sister-in-law, so I may cry off), doing difficult DIY involving tiles and drills, sleeping, having a big Sunday lunch in a pub.
Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Weekend? My university is closed for the whole week, which doesn't come out of my annual leave.

Tonight: post-Cheltenham recovery session with racing buddies.

Tomorrow: going to see the Kylie exhibit at the V&A with a couple of mates and then lunch in South Kensington.

Other than that, no plans. I shall probably take advantage of all the Easter eggs being reduced to half price on Tuesday though.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Ringo

That's not fair! Why isn't my University closed?
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
The clue's in the name.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
:crap:

[ 04.04.2007, 11:52: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
The clue's in the name.

*chuckle*

Yes. I suppose so.

Nathan Bleak
lol. Too slow, dr1ppyslit.

--------------------

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no plans. I suspect I will aimlessly look at some houses and some cars. I will open the door to the garden and sigh heavily, then probably decide to only let people view the house in the dark. I'll probably get drunk a couple of times. maybe go and buy some clothes. If I can find anything that isn't horrid and eighties and involves leggings.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
Ringo - could you tell me a bit about the BMW Z3 please? A colleague has just bought one and has offered to drive me home in it tonight. I need to be able to say something like: "Well, it's not bad, but it doesn't seem as responsive as an [INSERT CAR NAME]"
Ringo

I've never driven one, but the impression I get from people who have, is that it's guilty of all the crimes that the MX-5 is wrongly accused of. I.e. it's a soft boring car in a sports car suit. I don't know though, as I've never even sat in one.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
I would probably say, shruggingly, "Yeah, s'alrigh', I s'pose. Not very comfy, is it. Did you not have a choice over the interior, then? Bit loud, innit? Mind if I smoke."

Etc.

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
I would probably say, shruggingly, "Yeah, s'alrigh', I s'pose. Not very comfy, is it. Did you not have a choice over the interior, then? Bit loud, innit? Mind if I smoke."

Etc.

That sounds perfect. Hopefully, I'll survive the journey home - he's already written off one BMW.

[Frown]

Nathan Bleak
Last car I drove was a BMW. Not much to say about it. It was a bit more responsive than my mother's Volkswagen Passat. This was a 5 series, though I imagine the same is probably true of the Z3.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

Perhaps I'll just make vroom-vroooooooom noises all the way home, replicating the pitch of the engine. Could get a bit tiring on the M4 though.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday evening. Farwell drinks with my colleagues. Might not be my last day. All I need for some to do is to confirm an acceptable leaving date with me. This seems impossible.

Previous plan: Meet Physic for a drink in London. The plan has changed. I'm going to Bath because my girlfriend has the whole of her massoof house to herself. Unlike me, who divided his double bed into two singles, so that my mate could stay. I no longer have a bedroom. I have a 'roomie' to share my dorm. My Dad has a present for me. Hopefully that's a real present. I don't want to hear I've been adopted or anything.

Other than that. In Bath, all weekend. Probably some beer. I might cook in the best kitchen in the world. Even the washing up is easy, as you simply have to turn the hot tap 'on' and whatever grime is on the plates evaporates. I don't know what we'll do! Who knows? I might boil some eggs. The world is my lobster.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

twistedvoilet
 - posted      Profile for twistedvoilet           Edit/Delete Post 
i have no money and no plans, so im gonna have fun this weekend.. might challenge myself to solitare
Louche
Will there be good pans, Mikee? Copper bottomed pans? An electric pepper shaker? Non-stick fryers? Will you be in culinary heaven?
Louche
Grinder. An electric pepper grinder.
New Way Of Decay

Oh god, they have a Jamie Cocktongue Oliver herb slicer. I mean, these are all girly hooray henries with rich parents. I dare not buy balsalmic vinegar at home, because Felix would use it in his sandwiches.

quote:
Originally posted by twistedvoilet:
i have no money and no plans, so im gonna have fun this weekend.. might challenge myself to solitare

Almost forgot. Asda are doing eggs for ONE WHOLE POWN. Why not treat yourself during this dark hour and have a Mars egg or something?

[ 04.04.2007, 12:47: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

nice one. my kind of weekend.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Was your member name spelled wrong on purpose? It's making my head hurt. Although it could be the prozac.
New Way Of Decay

It's the six o' clock cut off point ralph. People are making their way home right now, except for me.

--------------------

ralph

yeah, but I posted at 6 minutes before 6:00. There was a slim chance I could have gotten a reply. You don't know.
ralph

Did I mention I started taking anti-depressants today? Would you let me know if you notice any change in the tone of my posting over the next few weeks?
New Way Of Decay

It's a chance you have to take. Some people even get home from work so quickly, that they are back in time to answer. What do I know. I'm only here because that KFC made me feel really sick and bloated and I don't want to leave.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

No you didn't. Yes I will. Do you feel different?

[ 04.04.2007, 13:10: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post 
we'll keep watching, ralph - do they taste nice?

I'm going to picnic on the weekend, with the wife - if it's sunny, that is.

Also, my eldest newphew turns 18! christ!!!!

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

ralph

Yeah, I do feel different. But I can't describe exactly what it's like. It's not unpleasant at least. Besides, I'm only one pill in. We'll see how I'm feeling in a week or two.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+