Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Eight Years After (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Eight Years After
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
Is discharging a firearm one of those thing you should do before you die, do you reckon? I've never discharged a firearm. Am I going to die unfulfilled?

It's not all that. It's one of those things people (well, Americans), tend to over fetishise. My experience has been just 'bang!' and then a target that remains unscathed.

Actually, I don't know whether it's a countryside thing but I was quite suprised that firing a gun isn't something that everyone has done. I remember kovacs started a thread about it once, saying it was something he'd love to do before he died, which caught me by suprise. I think I fired a gun for the first time when I was about six or seven, and one kid in our class had a rifle shooting session for his birthday party at the age of eight or something. I remember one time my sister running ahead of us shouting "Try and shoot me!" and zigzagging, in a brief audition for Michael Burke's 999. That was a fun moment - never heard my parents scream so loud. Few months later she shot me in the face with stone from a catapault. Brings to mind that line in Die Hard about "When you have the chance to shoot someone - just do it". Anyway. Yeah. Firing a gun isn't all that.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
man, it'd be so funny if ralph did start boozing again. you'd all feel so guilty for an afternoon or so! poor ralph [Frown]

It would be pretty funny actually. Late-night drunken ralph, on 26k dialup, very slowly telling you what I think about each and every one of you. Lots of I love you man if I remember drunk ralph correctly. lol.
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post 
DO IT
ralph

I love you man.
ralph

That didn't sound very sincere, did it?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
booze is pretty awesome.

Booze isn’t awesome, booze is shit. It costs a crapload of money, sends you into a stupor during which you’ll act like a complete twat without any self control, then you’ll wake up several hours later feeling even shittier than you did before. And the only memories you’ll ever have of the booze will be those in which you embarrass yourself. Throwing up, saying moronic things, acting desperate and sleazy at internet meets, it’s just a foul disgusting thing to do to yourself. And it doesn’t even taste nice.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd actually be mortified if ralph re-joined the party.

Although Late Night Lovin' with the Big Bear sounds kinda cool. Radio MO stylee.

[ 08.05.2007, 12:32: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

vikram

ringo is not awesome
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
But he is pretty accurate.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Booze isn’t awesome, booze is shit. It costs a crapload of money, sends you into a stupor during which you’ll act like a complete twat without any self control, then you’ll wake up several hours later feeling even shittier than you did before. And the only memories you’ll ever have of the booze will be those in which you embarrass yourself. Throwing up, saying moronic things, acting desperate and sleazy at internet meets, it’s just a foul disgusting thing to do to yourself. And it doesn’t even taste nice.

You take that back!

there...there...the bad man doesn't know what he's saying

lovingly strokes booze

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
In his post, I mean. Not with a firearm.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Although booze and firearms go together like ham and eggs. Right ralph?
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know he's not awesome with a firearm?

Guns have just never featured in my life, beyond being disconcerted when I see them being worn by policers in foreign climes.

I wanted an airgun when I was younger, but my meanie parents wouldn't buy me one. I think I got a chopper that birthday instead.

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post 
It occurred to me the other day that instead of running about 200 hangovers a year, I now probably only have nine or ten. What the hell happened there? It wasn't even like I made a conscious decision. It's like my girlfriend hypnotised me into it. Awful. I actually feel like a worse person. Herbs commented on it, in fact. Said she liked me better when I was desperate and broken all the time.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

ralph

I don't drink. Or own firearms. I hate ham. And eating eggs makes me feel funny, like I'm eating unborn baby chicks. I'm probably not the best person to be asking...
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Alright, like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong, then?

[ 08.05.2007, 12:24: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Ringo

I'm not bad with a bb gun. I shot a pheasant in the head from about 20 metres away, while standing. With a scope, like, but still I think that's pretty ok.

The pheasant flapped about a bit then stopped moving. I think it died.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
The pheasant flapped about a bit then stopped moving. I think it died.

You didn't check?
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
You didn't eat it?
Ringo

No I was hiding behind a wall in case the farmer saw me.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post 
I've found that my hangovers now have two distinct variations, with no real in between. I'm either alright, a bit bleary, or violently, impossibly ill to the point where I would happily employ a firearm in order to stop the pain. I used to get more general ones that were kind of in between. The only difference between the two is having something to eat.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
It occurred to me the other day that instead of running about 200 hangovers a year, I now probably only have nine or ten. What the hell happened there? It wasn't even like I made a conscious decision. It's like my girlfriend hypnotised me into it. Awful. I actually feel like a worse person. Herbs commented on it, in fact. Said she liked me better when I was desperate and broken all the time.

Over the years, when people have kept telling me your hangovers get worse as you get older, I've pretty much put that down to their lack of practice. But it's happening to me now and that really fucks me off. I feel like it will just get harder and harder to recover until drinking properly becomes so rare that it just diminishes into nothingness and blips out of existence, like something in a Paul Auster novel.

[ 08.05.2007, 12:29: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
but for all the pain and misery that booze has caused me, it is still awesome. There's no point arguing with somebody like ringo. It's like... life can be awful and unfair and unbearable, but sometimes it can be alright. Booze on the other is pretty much always alright, and only sometimes awful. And it's never unfair. And it brings another way of looking at life. It's an angle, an alternate dimension.

[ 08.05.2007, 12:32: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Also, I figure twins will be a pretty good hangover cure.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Also, I figure twins will be a pretty good hangover cure.

Christ, I can't imagine taking care of twins while sober. Poor jonesy999. [Frown]
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Cheers Ralph.

And who the hell doesn't like ham? I know you're not a vegetarian; you eat bears. So what's up with not digging wafer thin hog, daddyoh?

[ 08.05.2007, 12:34: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

ralph

I don't know exactly. I have some food issues.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Do you eat bacon?
vikram

i've noticed that as the years roll on by i'm getting increasing narcissistic and / or paranoid every time i get drunk. awesome too, of course, but sometimes being awesome isn't enough.

speaking of addiction lindsay lohan is definitely awesome.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
time for me to go, ralph. I hope that I've helped you. Stay strong! Have a drink tonight!
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
But stay off the ham, man.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Do you eat bacon?

Yes. I love bacon. Crispy. Yum. Just not ham.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
You're dead right about eating eggs, ralph.

-
Mmmm, avian abortion

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I got a box of double yolkers over the weekend. I don't really understand how they can know the eggs will be double-yolkers, though. I was under the impression this happened randomly, in only a few eggs (like twins and shit). I assume these have been genetically modified using gamma radiation and fine needles of rooster spunk or something, so I'll probably start clucking and hanging out in a cardboard bucket soon.

It's a shame you don't like eggs, ralph. Eggs are versatile and amazing. Almost awesome, even.

[ 08.05.2007, 12:52: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post 
eggs go down a conveyor belt and are looked at through a light box to make sure someone doesn't get a ball of feathers in their dozen of economy eggs from Sainsbury's... When they see 2 'masses', being egg people and not oncologists, they know it's a double yolker and it's separated.

On a related note, I went into an off-license today to get a soda and there was a display of 6 "bird eggs" for sale. Which promptly gave me visions of the Indian purveyors chasing down pigeons in Trafalgar Square to sort out the morning's egg rush.

[ 08.05.2007, 13:10: Message edited by: sabian ]

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

This topic is comprised of pages: 4 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+