Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Music » New MP3 Player

Author Topic: New MP3 Player
schism
Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes ?
 - posted      Profile for schism           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No fecking clue where to download any decent music though! [Frown]

Can any of you dudes help out a digital-musically, and socially, inept tard who bought the player on the basis that it looks good and is light but can't get any choons?

I'm thinking kazaa, but it takes so long and it doesn't have what i need!

I couldn't get to grips with bit torrent either so that's out.

any one?

please?

EDIT: to add that I've bought this but it hasn't arrived yet. It's be nice to have something to fill it with when it arrives!

[ 06.04.2004, 13:11: Message edited by: schism ]

--------------------
When I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you want to download music but Kazza doesn't have what you need and you've given up on BitTorrent? Heh, good luck dude.
schism
lol

Really. Is there really no-where to get these free MP3s that are all over the net?

Shit.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try eMule maybe - here , this may be useful.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I'm aware, eMule/eDonkey has pretty much the same files available as Kazza although it might be worth a try. You could also try WinMX although the same thing probably applies. The only other thing to try is SoulSeek. Apparently it's very good for finding rarer/more obscure stuff but I've always found it quite slow. Still, if the selection available on Kazza is one of your problems then it's worth a shot. Also talked about a lot is DirectConnect which is apparently very good but the main problem with it, and the reason I've never used it, is that each 'hub' (i.e. server) has minimum entry requirements so unless you've got say 5Gb of mp3's then they won't even let you on in some cases. Actually, I should probably give this another go myself given that I've got assloads of stuff lying around these days, I'd initially tried back in the days I first got my machine when a good half an hour would have given you time to listen to all my mp3's and have time to spare.

Sorry about the initially sarky reply, I had time to think of these other clients which I don't use myself while playing a round of Prince of Persia.

[ 06.04.2004, 15:41: Message edited by: Bamba ]

schism
thanks, will try.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+